Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Suited Riddler is a must but I don't want them going to crazy with villain variants. I have no desire for a Commodore Schmidlapp Penguin or a Miss Kitka Catwoman.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:50 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

EdwardNashton1 wrote:
Anyone know if they will make more of these besides surf's up Joker?

I really want this to made

I would love for this version of Riddler to be made, for the following reasons...

The DCUC version was done on the cheap and was too tall for Riddler (n my opinion), and because so far each Batman 66' figure has had a unique sculpt, so hopefully we would get a brand new, better sculpted suit body for this guy!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:18 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, Surf's Up Batman and Joker (if he indeed exists) were made using existing parts with a few new pieces. I'd almost expect that Riddler to use the existing Movie Master suit body with a new jacket and head much like I'm expecting a potential Egghead to be made up of some Joker parts. Same if they do Gordon and O'Hara, I'd expect the suit and dress uniform bodies to be the starting point for those.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:08 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Frank Gorshin was so great. Those pictures make me really smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:08 pm 
Knows his stuff

Have there been any confirmed figs for the next wave (or how long this toyline may last)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:16 am 
Wonderdog

I hope we can at least get a few more villains, heroes and maybe a few variant versions of our favorite rogues like John Astin Riddler, Eartha Kitt Catwoman. Possibly an Alfred, Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, oh an of course Bat-Girl... queue the music!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:36 pm 
3 3/4"

Welll good news people this show will be comming to DVD.So I can see a reason why mattel will want to make more figures now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

If Mattel decide to do another wave or two to coincide with the DVD release, I really hope they reissue Batman and Robin with plastic capes. And Batgirl too, as if they released her bike the plastic cape wouldn't hinder her riding the bike.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:41 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

elvis8batman wrote:
If Mattel decide to do another wave or two to coincide with the DVD release, I really hope they reissue Batman and Robin with plastic capes. And Batgirl too, as if they released her bike the plastic cape wouldn't hinder her riding the bike.

I hope that they don't waste slots on figures we already have when there are so many great characters from the show we don't yet have.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:51 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Backward Galaxy wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:

I hope that they don't waste slots on figures we already have when there are so many great characters from the show we don't yet have.

Well a re-issue of batman and Robin to go along with any new wave is pretty much a given I think. I very much doubt they'd do a third wave that was just villains. And if they do put them back out in future assortments, the cape update would be logical to garner repeat purchases from those that brought the first two waves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:19 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

elvis8batman wrote:
Well a re-issue of batman and Robin to go along with any new wave is pretty much a given I think. I very much doubt they'd do a third wave that was just villains. And if they do put them back out in future assortments, the cape update would be logical to garner repeat purchases from those that brought the first two waves.

I'm a soft-goods fan, especially at this scale, but this is absolutely right. There's no way we don't get reissues; should we get them, plastic capes are a must. For completists, it's a sale. For plastic capes fans, it's a sale. For soft-goods fans, we already got what we wanted. A reissue of B&R will sell more than Shame or Egghead, no matter how much we'd like to see them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
elvis8batman wrote:

I'm a soft-goods fan, especially at this scale, but this is absolutely right. There's no way we don't get reissues; should we get them, plastic capes are a must. For completists, it's a sale. For plastic capes fans, it's a sale. For soft-goods fans, we already got what we wanted. A reissue of B&R will sell more than Shame or Egghead, no matter how much we'd like to see them.

Shame yes, Egghead NEVER! :D

Also I am more a fan of the cloth capes. Mattel doesn't exactly have the knack for plastic capes. They always make them too thick/heavy and the folds never look realistic. The only company that really knows how to handle plastic capes is DC Direct/Collectibles in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:55 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Agreed @elvis8batman especially on DCUC Riddler being cheap

Jim_Abell wrote:
I'd almost expect that Riddler to use the existing Movie Master suit body with a new jacket and head much like I'm expecting a potential Egghead to be made up of some Joker parts.

Hmm, I don't know. Movie Masters are slightly shorter than these figures. However, it is important to note that they have upsized the body for the club infinite earths figures like Black Mask and R'as.

I'd like for them to give us a unique body. Not every suit is tailored the same and real life, and while I love Movie Masters figures, I've always felt that the suit jackets could have been done better. I hope at the least we get a new jacket.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:11 am 
Knows his stuff

I haven't taken the plunge on these figures yet but am seriously considering it. I hope we get some confirmed updates soon about possible future releases.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:13 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Ashxking wrote:
Welll good news people this show will be comming to DVD.So I can see a reason why mattel will want to make more figures now

Has there been an official press release on this..

A mention by Conan O' Brien doesn't assure me its coming out--

(It had been on Amazon as a preorder for three years)--

EDIT: Never mind I found that WB confirmed-- but a pretty lackluster announcement with no details whatsoever-- with the normal wait and see whats coming announcement-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 46  Next