Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Adam West/1966 Batman line thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:57 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

elvis8batman wrote:
Well a re-issue of batman and Robin to go along with any new wave is pretty much a given I think. I very much doubt they'd do a third wave that was just villains. And if they do put them back out in future assortments, the cape update would be logical to garner repeat purchases from those that brought the first two waves.

They wouldn't have to do a third wave that's just villains. There's Commissioner Gordon, O'Hara, Alfred, Batgirl (presuming no problems with that), Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, etc...

But, I'll amend my original statement. If they're going to shove Batman and Robin singles down our throat, I'm not opposed to plastic capes since, yes, I already got what I wanted and that would make other people happy. I would prefer that to some weird version of the characters that I probably won't buy (Surf's up, man).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:02 am 
Knows his stuff

I'm definitely going to buy into this line now. I was on the fence at first and I'm not too crazy about some of the sculpts, however this show was a staple of my youth growing up in the early 70's and have fond memories of watching the show while playing with my Mego dolls!!

I hope the show gets a Blu-ray release as well!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:22 am 
Damage Control

rickwj324 wrote:

It is. http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/012414_1500

C.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:44 am 
Knows his stuff

Casimir wrote:
rickwj324 wrote:

It is. http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/012414_1500

C.

SWEEEEEEET!! You made my day Cas!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:06 pm 
serves the Otter

Mattel would be foolish not to promote this line more heavily and continue it with at least 2 more waves to coincide with the DVD/blu ray release of the TV series. Other companies are certainly taking advantage of it with their own 1966 Batman products. And with the recent announcement that Yvonne Craig signed off on her likeness rights, I'm going to be very pissed if Mattel doesnt produce a Batgirl figure for this line.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:15 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

shabbyblue wrote:
Mattel would be foolish not to promote this line more heavily and continue it with at least 2 more waves to coincide with the DVD/blu ray release of the TV series. Other companies are certainly taking advantage of it with their own 1966 Batman products. And with the recent announcement that Yvonne Craig signed off on her likeness rights, I'm going to be very pissed if Mattel doesnt produce a Batgirl figure for this line.

Hit the nail on the head.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:45 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

Love these figures,never saw them at retail. Had order them from BBTS. Hope we at least get Batgirl.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Saw the Batmobile at retail for the first time on Friday and in pretty significant numbers, too. Priced at $61.99 now... yikes...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 am 
MINT!

Jim_Abell wrote:
Saw the Batmobile at retail for the first time on Friday and in pretty significant numbers, too. Priced at $61.99 now... yikes...

entertainment earth and bbcw wholesale sites had them as preorder for july but don't list them now. that was last week. doesn't mention that they are backordered like it does with other things that sell out/are out of stock.

and nothing listed for any of the figures people keep typing about like batgirl/variant catwoman/egghead. not even a pre order for surfs up joker on either site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 am 
Collector Inspector

Jim_Abell wrote:

Count yourself lucky. I finally found the Batmobile at a TRU in NYC on Sunday, but the price was $10 higher than that!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:17 pm 
Brand Manager

GregNYC wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

Count yourself lucky. I finally found the Batmobile at a TRU in NYC on Sunday, but the price was $10 higher than that!

If you go to Customer Service, TRU will price match Target. Well, most of them will. Or at least they did back in the day when it was going for $50.

Still a big chunk-of-change, though.
http://www.target.com/p/batman-classic- ... =batmobile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:31 am 
Collector Inspector

It's too bad they won't match the old $50 price. :lol:

I went to Target.com, and the Batmobile was still in my cart from back when it was only $49.99. I just needed a penny more for free shipping. But I got distracted doing price comparison on the Web and forgot about it. Unfortunately, Target won't let me have it for that price anymore. Oh, well. You snooze, you lose.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:55 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

But now you get free shipping! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:30 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wildcard wrote:
But now you get free shipping! :wink:

Target's "free" shipping is to ship the absolutely cheapest way possible. My Batmobile was ordered last August, shipped via UPS , then turned over to
the Post Office for final delivery. THE POST OFFICE LOST MY BATMOBILE and I never got it. Tracking showed it was delivered to the wrong zip code, but that was the same zip code the post office parcel unit is in. I think it was stolen. Anyway, I tried to get a replacement from Target, but they were telling me to check with the post office (which I did). To make a long story short, I finally was able to get a refund on my credit card because the tracking showed the wrong zip code. Also, the Target people I was talking to were in the Philippines. A truly disgusting experience with Target. Finally got my Batmobile when Amazon had them for $50.

One curious point: the final delivery tracking from UPS and the USPS was not exactly the same. UPS showed that the Post Office delivered to the correct zip code while the Post Office tracking showed the wrong zip code.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 am 
ABS

UPS is using the Post office a lot lately, which drives me nuts. My post office hasn't been the best lately. I've been hesitant ordering stuff online because of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next