Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Announces an Adam West Batman Toy Line
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:55 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

shabbyblue wrote:
If we actually get a 6" scale Batmobile, I hope we could eventually get Batgirl's motorcycle too.

It's being reported that the Batmobile is 6" scale, retail price $49.99, July release.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm 
Brand Manager

batfink wrote:
First impressions: Love the Batmobile, not a fan of the torso articulation, and absolutely hate how Batman's cape is sandwiched in between his neck. The cape should lie underneath the bottom part of the cowl. Pretty lazy designing if you ask me.

The cape could be a little different, but in the show it's alway over the bottom part of the cowl anyway. They could have made it like the Dark knight variant with cloth cape, but I liked the retro look of it too.

They look prettu close to the source material IMO

Can't wait to see Robin and Joker. I hope the 2-packs are in the 6 inch scale too :wink:

Great year to be a Movie Master collector :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm 
Resin

Quote:
Great year to be a Movie Master collector

I agree! I really do applaud Mattel's effort with this line...it is slowly but surely becoming legendary. I know I got a little harsh on the sculpts, but all in all not bad. I think they will grow on me.

It's just that the MM Supes has such a great head sculpt and doesn't have that ugly looking mid-torso joint. These are movie / TV figures you don't need THAT much articulation, especially right where the chest symbol is. And for the sake of continuity, Mattel needs to decide whether or not to keep this feature on future MM figures (I hope they don't).

If Mattel produces Keaton, Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery MM Batmen then all will be forgiven.

EDIT: After looking again at the photos, I'm wondering if the torso joint is just for positioning the figures in the Batmobile. If I remember correctly the Riddler did steal the Batmobile once...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm 
Collector Inspector

I need to be smacked in the head for saying I was only maybe getting Batman and Catwoman .

Bravo Mattel. These are beautiful. Dangit, I was going to quit Mattel. That Riddler is sick. I...I just...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm not sure if I'm in or out, but looking at the potential, it makes me pine even more for a TIm Burton inspired Batman sub-line. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:58 pm 
declined to be a vampire

I've never been a fan of the hard plastic capes. I've made mention of that multiple times in DCUC threads here.

But we've also had softer rubbery capes that work, and some cloth that have.

But man oh man, does this particular cloth cape look terrible.

But I love me that Batmobile.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Wow... Totally amazed that the Penguin is getting his cigarette, thought that would be completely off-limits with Mattel policy and such...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

These figures aren't PERFECT, but overall I think they look very good. Maybe, if we're lucky, the Batman picture is of a prototype, and they will improve his cape for the finished product. But I'll be gladly buying it even if it looks exactly like it does in the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:01 am 
Brand Manager

Jim_Abell wrote:
Wow... Totally amazed that the Penguin is getting his cigarette, thought that would be completely off-limits with Mattel policy and such...

Yeah see now I am kind of annoyed that the Superpowers penguin did not get one! Honestly these figures look amazing BUT I am 30 years old and never liked the 60s show so I am not buying a single figure, will grab the Batmobile though. I hate to be negative these figures look great but it seems like all Mattel cares about is people over 40 lol I mean they gave us sooooo many Super Powers figures and put alot of effort into these TV Series Movie Masters but yet my final JLU figures have legs 2 different sizes. Not trying to complain just saying I wish Mattel put this level of work into the toylines us younger guys collect.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 am 
shirtless hugger

So far I’m impressed by what I see. The Batmobile looks great and the figures look really good too. As much as I hate Mattel, they are off to a great start on these and I hope they don’t screw this line up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it's hard for me to imagine a line like this hitting the kind of numbers Mattel seems to require. It doesn't seem to hit any of the marks they've tended to fall back on (current TV show, mom & kid interest, etc). I'll be pretty surprised if everything shown makes it out, much less anything more. These are supposed to be retail, right?

I personally think these look great, though. A Burgess Meredith Penguin will be hard for me to pass up. And that Batmobile is a thing of beauty, no question about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:32 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

ed case wrote:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it's hard for me to imagine a line like this hitting the kind of numbers Mattel seems to require. It doesn't seem to hit any of the marks they've tended to fall back on (current TV show, mom & kid interest, etc). I'll be pretty surprised if everything shown makes it out, much less anything more. These are supposed to be retail, right?

I personally think these look great, though. A Burgess Meredith Penguin will be hard for me to pass up. And that Batmobile is a thing of beauty, no question about it.

I kind of wonder the same thing. These things have been requested for so long, will the pent-up demand be there,
Or had the novelty worn off? With the floodgates now open, and multiple companies offering several product lines, will it be over saturation?
Or will parents buy these for kids simply because they're Batman?
Only time will tell!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Penguin's my favorite. I will own this entire line.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 am 
Brand Manager

ed case wrote:

See I wonder the same thing I mean yes it is Batman and its a well known Batman so that will help. But I myself find it hard to believe they could do the numbers they need I mean look at all the new tooling.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am 
Brand Manager

I really hope these sell enough to Mattel continue the line for a long time. I need the Batcycle and lots of Bat villains for my collection too. 2013 will be a coming back for a lot of 60's Batman products. DVDs, statues, etc, maybe it generates a greater interest in this line.

I'll be ordering mine as soon as BBTS put them in preorder. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 41  Next