DC Multiverse Pop Culture Assortment.

TV Flash
TV Reverse Flash
TV Arrow
New 52 Joker
Batman: Zero Year
Superman of Earth 23
Collect & Connect Batman Justice Buster Armor

DC Multiverse Batman vs Superman Assortment (think Movie Master version)

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman (Battle Armor)

More news as I see it.

Last edited by joeace on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2015: DC Multiverse 6"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:23 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

N52 Joker is just disturbing... At least having it out there *should* make the suit body easy to get again.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:18 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Looks to be Movie Master styled Batman, armored Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman from BvS on display, as well. The cards say Collect-N-Connect but I'm not sure what.

EDIT: There is a prop grapple gun on display with the figures, I think that might be the CnC for the BvS set.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The more I look at that giant suit of armor I can't begin to figure out how they're going to break that down. The packaging is going to have to be huge just to accommodate that thing...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

They'll be available at retail everywhere. Six figure waves with a collect and connect. They'll be a mix of movie, TV, video game and classic comic figures. The gentleman I spoke with at the Mattel booth didn't know if they're sculpted by the Four Horsemen.

Image Image

More pics to come. Stay tuned and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:22 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The Horsemen have been giving non-answer hints about DC stuff lately so I'd say that they're doing at least some of it. That Joker is certainly made with the suit body they sculpted. My guess is that the 4H will be doing the comic and movie/TV stuff and the game stuff will be done in-house or though digital output with Gentle Giant or some-such. Until there is another big, marquee game like the Arkham series I don't think we'll see too many game figures (which is fine by me) though with them doing the TV stuff now I could see movie and TV being the main focus of the lines with a few comic figures thrown in.

I think my biggest concern right now will be compatibility. Hoping the new live-action stuff stays a bit smaller than the comic figures to match the old Movie Masters and that the game figures will be slightly bigger to match what came before, as well.

I wonder if that Joker was originally done for the Batman Unlimited line. Going back through what was going on then there was a lot announced that got cancelled and there was never a Joker in that line, at least that we saw. From what I recall, I think it was said that there were three figures sculpted for the subscription that we never got to see (Vixen may have been one of those, she was supposed to be in there somewhere) and there was a Firefly sculpted for DCSH that didn't get made because it was a 100% tooled figure and the Horsemen sculpted a CnC Charraxes (sp?) that they couldn't cost-out so it was replaced by a regular Killer Moth.

This would also be a good place to do a rerelease on a few hard-to-find figures. Cassandra Cain Batgirl released as Black Bat with a swap out original head, use the same Giganta head for the jumpsuit look... Do things up like that to keep it new and appease those who are missing characters.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:17 am 
An Insider

Vixen is getting an animated series that is in The Flash and Arrow TV universe. Maybe Mattel will one day release the comic and animated versions of her in a future DC Multiverse wave. They can do a 50/50 or 60/40 split and have both in the same wave like they did with Dr. Fate, Parademon and Cheetah.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 am 
Loose, Missing Package

joeace wrote:
Vixen is getting an animated series that is in The Flash and Arrow TV universe. Maybe Mattel will one day release the comic and animated versions of her in a future DC Multiverse wave. They can do a 50/50 or 60/40 split and have both in the same wave like they did with Dr. Fate, Parademon and Cheetah.

I doubt we'll get variants like those anymore. I remember Scott saying that Mattel changed the way they manage SKUs internally and now each variant would be it's own development SKU instead of splitting one between two variants. Not to say that things haven't changed back or that it's completely out-of-the-question but it just seems unlikely anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:24 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

This is a very welcome surprise.

I can Cherry pick the figures I want, everyone will (theoretically) get something they want (whether it be comic, tv, or video games), and the first few samples look great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 am 
Resin

I might get the Joker, but not sold on the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am 
Variant Head

Honestly Mattel did surprise me but the sad reality is the success of this line is out of their hands and in the hands of WB. Seriously if the film does great this line will too but if it bombs then as awesome as their first showings are it will go nowhere and just be another mish mash of incomplete teams and themes. I hope things go their way cause so far they seem to want to mimic (which is good!) Marvel Legends success. I would guess this CNC will be more then 5 pieces and that Vixen is on her way but not before Batman Beyond with wings I bet he is coming in the first wave.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 am 
Variant Head

That's a really cool surprise! I'm glad that Matty will be releasing more 6 inch figures, specially the TV and movie figures.

Looking at that big bat robot, they'll need at least 3 other figures to assemble it. I still have some hope that they might release a Chris Reeve Superman in 6 inch, but it will be probably a videagame figure. Anyway, thetse Flash figures look really good. I'll collect this line.

The BvS C&C looks to be the bat gun thing IMO too.

Thanks Mattel for giving us some 6 inch movie figures! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:03 pm 
AFA Graded

I'm happy for you guys that collect the 6 inch line that you will be getting some more comic style figs.
Kind of odd that they will be doing TV Flash and Reverse Flash after DC collectibles just recently released some figures of those two.

I'm hoping they continue with the 4 inch multiverse line and that they sprinkle some comic style figures in it.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 pm 
An Insider

I added TV Arrow, Batman: Zero Year and Superman of Earth 23 to the list above.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 pm 
AFA Graded

So are there any 4inch Batman vs Superman figures?

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.