Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anybody have the clear DCSH Man-Bat?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:48 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Decided to look for pics and reviews tonight and the only thing I could find were press photos Mattel sent out that were posted over at AFHUB. I've been casually watching eBay for one since it was released and I honestly can't remember ever seeing one for sale but I was never really in all that big of a hurry to get one, either, so maybe I've just forgotten..... I think I'm down to less than a dozen DCSH/DCUC pieces now to finish up and I've been watching for a few months now and now I'm really curious as to how rare that thing is and how much it's going to set me back when I do find one.

EDIT: found this post since which claims that there were only 25-50 made and that they go for over a thousand dollars plus... Off to look for more info...

Post subject: Re: Anybody have the clear DCSH Man-Bat?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 am 
shirtless hugger

While I doubt it's that rare, I think that it's just not that desirable a variant, so it doesn't pop up for sale that often. I got mine not long after it was released, and I think I only paid around $100 or so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:15 am 
Collector Inspector

I have one, too. If I recall correctly, I paid about $300 for it in November 2009, two years after its release. It was a Buy It Now auction, so I was the only bidder. It rarely comes up on eBay, so I could never tell if I overpaid. I don't think it's worth $1,000.

I think Kevin is right; it's not a popular variant (unless you like translucent figures or you are a completist). I never got the impression there was a lot of demand for it, especially after the brown version was released in Wave 10.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Thanks for the info, guys (and I *should* have known that you'd have one, Ham! LOL!)

I agree that it is definitely not a desirable variant, that's the biggest reason I was never in a hurry to get one. I remember seeing those press photos and thinking "how is 'clear' mid-transformation?". I think that there would've been a lot more interest if it had been painted up in "human" colors rather than no color at all... Think it would've looked a great deal more disturbing, too... As for the numbers, I have no idea. Certainly not worth a grand but Mattel was doing some pretty stupid-low numbers on con stuff at the time. That unmasking Batman had new arms and head a couple of years before and that seemed crazy for the limited number they made of that. Much like this figure the "boring stuff" is pretty much all I have left to get. Guess I should just put a little stash away and just keep a regular watch for it...