Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Matty December 2015 Sale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

You get anything?

Since I didn't even get a shipping email about my Doomsday figure (it's been two weeks -- I emailed them), I skipped today's sale. I'd be interested in Damian, if anything, but I can do without.

Post subject: Re: Matty December 2015 Sale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:37 am 
Brand Manager

Damian is probably on the same ship as Doomsday (figuratively and possibly literally.) So I guess I'm in no hurry to buy something Mattel may not have, anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am 
MINT!

No, in all good conscience I couldn't bite on Damian after Matty's handling of the Doomsday release. They can't even be bothered to communicate with their customers or operate under the most basic functions of customer service, so I just couldn't do it. I did try to work with Matty up until a week ago. I had to email them a bunch of times to actually have them answer my question (which was annoying enough in its own right and was probably enough to get me to bail on Damian), which was simply: can I cancel my Doomsday order and then re-order him when Damian goes on sale so I can save a sizeable amount on shipping to Canada?

They said no, they can't cancel an order, even if it's weeks late and isn't shipping any time soon, which is...ludicrous. Of course they can, they just won't.

And that was enough to get me to say no to Damian.

I'm shocked AFI hasn't covered this in an article. I wonder if they've even reached out to Mattel so they can explain themselves? Maybe they just don't want to bite the hand that sends free samples...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 am 
serves the Otter

Marc wrote:
Maybe they just don't want to bite the hand that sends free samples...

Bingo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:33 pm 
Brand Manager

Marc wrote:
...[C]an I cancel my Doomsday order and then re-order him when Damian goes on sale so I can save a sizeable amount on shipping to Canada?

If shipping is the issue, you should ask them to add Damian to your existing order, instead.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm 
MINT!

red Ricky wrote:
Marc wrote:
...[C]an I cancel my Doomsday order and then re-order him when Damian goes on sale so I can save a sizeable amount on shipping to Canada?

If shipping is the issue, you should ask them to add Damian to your existing order, instead.

I did. They said no. Welcome to 1830's-style customer service!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:35 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I don't mind waiting for Doomsday. I'm more upset that they removed Firestorm and the Battle Ram when they clearly had more of both in stock, they just refuse to put them on the site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Marc wrote:
No, in all good conscience I couldn't bite on Damian after Matty's handling of the Doomsday release. They can't even be bothered to communicate with their customers or operate under the most basic functions of customer service, so I just couldn't do it. I did try to work with Matty up until a week ago. I had to email them a bunch of times to actually have them answer my question (which was annoying enough in its own right and was probably enough to get me to bail on Damian), which was simply: can I cancel my Doomsday order and then re-order him when Damian goes on sale so I can save a sizeable amount on shipping to Canada?

They said no, they can't cancel an order, even if it's weeks late and isn't shipping any time soon, which is...ludicrous. Of course they can, they just won't.

And that was enough to get me to say no to Damian.

I'm shocked AFI hasn't covered this in an article. I wonder if they've even reached out to Mattel so they can explain themselves? Maybe they just don't want to bite the hand that sends free samples...

I actualy paid for mine (a friend with a MOTUC sub ordered for a few of us during early access) and it arrived quickly! I'm sure, since this has happened before, that they only received partial shipment, and this may not have been communicated in time. It would be nice if it was, but it didn't happen. Looks like Mattel actually did post an update, which can be found here:
http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4631082647/m/4491050978
There's really nothing to report on our end other than what Mattel has already stated. I'm sure you will get your order as soon as possible, just not as quickly as you should have. That said, he's a brilliant figure, maybe the best they've done, and he's worth the wait. Probably not what you want to hear, but that's the latest news. I've heard Mattel may be posting another update soon, you should check Mattycollector.com for updates straight from the source.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:33 am 

Looks like Mattel posted an update today; we have a story on the front page.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:19 pm 
MINT!

Captain Collector wrote:
Looks like Mattel posted an update today; we have a story on the front page.

Too little, too late. The L.A. dock issues have been ongoing for a few months now. If a shipping delay was even remotely possible, Matty should have indicated this before the sale. I realize unavoidable delays happen. I realize Toyguru's departure may have thrown a wrench into things. But to me, all Matty had to do was do a little bit of pre-emptive warning and this wouldn't be an issue. Add terrible communication to even worse customer service and there's no wonder people are angry about this. They really need to do something more for the people who bought Doomsday.

Nice to see this finally get covered here, though!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm 

I'm sure you'll love your figure when it eventually arrives once the port opens back up. Either way, that's pretty much all there is to the story. I'd call your credit card company and dispute the charge, that'll cancel the order and show Mattel you mean business.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

starks wrote:
You get anything?

Since I didn't even get a shipping email about my Doomsday figure (it's been two weeks -- I emailed them), I skipped today's sale. I'd be interested in Damian, if anything, but I can do without.

That's why I skipped the sale. I would have gotten Robin otherwise. At this rate my MOTUC sub will undoubtedly arrive before my Cyber Monday order.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm 
shirtless hugger

I seem to recall another figure had a delay, as it wasn't in the warehouse when it went on sale. I think it was a MOTUC figure, but I can't remember which one. Anyway, Mattel communicated that on the figure's store page, so everyone knew about its delay.

Why couldn't that have been done with Doomsday?

And if they want to try to ease the situation, they could ship items that are actually in stock, even if they were ordered alongside Doomsday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

my 2 damian figs and 1 mxy have apparently shipped out. did the same shipping emails go out for doomsday purchases only to be proven false?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:27 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I got a order confirmation for the Doomsday order but still haven't gotten a shipping notice.