Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU interviews?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:29 pm 
Aspires to be #1

An-Gel Sakura wrote:

Is that horse a zombie yet?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:47 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Just passing through.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 pm 
Bob Vila

j1h15233 wrote:
Just passing through.

Shame those interviews never did...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Not enough AFi members bought in to the JLU interview sub, and Mattel needs folks who want each and every interview...not cherry pickers.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:38 pm 
AFA Graded

Still not going to happen.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:40 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Those who have been asking for the interviews are loud but not numerous.

:twisted:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:28 am 
Aspires to be #1

Remember when a thread without a post in a month would be 3 pages deep? This was halfway down the first page. Maybe those interviews would spice up the conversation around here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:09 am 
Bob Vila

We never did get an explanation of if they happened or not, would be nice to know either way!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 am 

Yeah, the site really hasn't been the same since JLU ended.

I wonder if DCUC's demise will continue the slide?

I find it ironic that my favorite toy site is so dependent on the health of the DC toy lines when I'm primarily interested in everything else. :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:25 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

No the site certainly isn't the same. In fact, it's fading pretty fast.

Only one who can solve this is JuliusMarx who checked in on June 18th citing site redesign for the delay. Sites redesigned. Either keep this thread at the top, PM him, or both. That's the only way we're gonna settle this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

abuddah wrote:

No, the site's doing pretty well. Last I heard, the front page is taking more hits than it ever has. Traffic is not an issue and it never has been.

The forums aren't busy, but the simple fact is that message board forums like we have here are dying all over the internet. It's true. Go to goggle and type in "are message board forums dying" or something to that effect and you'll see what I mean.

Blame social media. Most folks spend the majority of their online time on facebook, tumblr, twitter, ect. Message boards like we have here are, sadly, becoming extinct. I hate to see that happen, but what are you going to do? Times change and technology evolves.

Click here for an interesting read:

Many boards are stagnant or in decline, if they even still exist. Several once-thriving boards on the women’s site iVillage have closed up shop. Big fan-fiction boards haven’t seen real action in years. Last month, a once-popular eight-old-year British board about mental health went dark with a note: “The Internet has changed significantly.”

These are serious signs of the digital times. Message boards were key components of Web 1.0 — the Web before broadband, online video, social networking, advanced traffic analysis and the drive to monetize transformed it.

So it's not just us. It's all over.

As for the JLU interviews, keeping this thread going isn't going to help them get here any faster. The people who run this website aren't getting paid anything. Zero dollars. Zero cents. The articles that are written, the pictures that are taken, the interviews that are conducted, are all done on their own time with their own money. This is not how they make their living. This is something they do on the side for fun. They have full time jobs in the real world and families that need to be cared for and looked after. Any work they do on this site is done on what could laughably be called their spare time, which is something they have precious little of.

The fact is we're lucky this site exists at all.

Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:08 pm 
Brand Manager

SDcomics wrote:
The forums aren't busy, but the simple fact is that message board forums like we have here are dying all over the internet.

The DC and Marvel forums at the fwoosh look pretty busy to me. But then again, their ministry of truth is not as good as AFi's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:00 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

SDcomics wrote:
abuddah wrote:

No, the site's doing pretty well. Last I heard, the front page is taking more hits than it ever has. Traffic is not an issue and it never has been.

The forums aren't busy, but the simple fact is that message board forums like we have here are dying all over the internet. It's true. Go to goggle and type in "are message board forums dying" or something to that effect and you'll see what I mean.

Blame social media. Most folks spend the majority of their online time on facebook, tumblr, twitter, ect. Message boards like we have here are, sadly, becoming extinct. I hate to see that happen, but what are you going to do? Times change and technology evolves.

Click here for an interesting read:

Many boards are stagnant or in decline, if they even still exist. Several once-thriving boards on the women’s site iVillage have closed up shop. Big fan-fiction boards haven’t seen real action in years. Last month, a once-popular eight-old-year British board about mental health went dark with a note: “The Internet has changed significantly.”

These are serious signs of the digital times. Message boards were key components of Web 1.0 — the Web before broadband, online video, social networking, advanced traffic analysis and the drive to monetize transformed it.

So it's not just us. It's all over.

As for the JLU interviews, keeping this thread going isn't going to help them get here any faster. The people who run this website aren't getting paid anything. Zero dollars. Zero cents. The articles that are written, the pictures that are taken, the interviews that are conducted, are all done on their own time with their own money. This is not how they make their living. This is something they do on the side for fun. They have full time jobs in the real world and families that need to be cared for and looked after. Any work they do on this site is done on what could laughably be called their spare time, which is something they have precious little of.

The fact is we're lucky this site exists at all.

Just my two cents.

Amen, brother

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:20 pm 

I was surprised to hear that. I had no idea message boards were in trouble. Of course, I'm an atypical web user, significantly behind the times. I don't Facebook, Tweet, Text, etc. and I have no idea what the heck Tumbler is.

That being said, traffic may be fine on the front page, but the board is the heart of the AFI community and postings are significantly down over the past year.

My hypothesis is a combination of the demise of many significant DC-related lines and the New52, which seems to have seriously divided the DC faithful. AFI was a DC focused site (just compare the Mattel forum to everything else), and apparently DC interest/retail presence is currently on the wane.

While I'm not a member of the old guard (the 2007 crash crowd), I've been here several years and I've noticed a significant decline. Just my two cents. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

2007 crash crowd represent!

:oops:

Anyway, I followed Julius here from AFTimes (and his old "Amazing Justice League of Julius Marx" column), because he covered the various animated DC lines better than I'd seen online at the time. My focus has always been the DCAU (before that term was even coined), so I look forward to these JLU interviews that are in the works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next