Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:09 am 
Variant Head

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Dude! Don't hold that kind of info! Post your wave 2 pics!!!!!! ;)

Here's some pics of Faora:

Superman with key acessory (?)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:43 am 
Variant Head

And finally, here's Zod! (courtesy of your friend Magog :mrgreen: )

He looks really awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That looks fantastic! Thanks Magog! The key seems to be something meant to be worn by kids.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:39 am 
An Insider

Thanks Magog! Those look sweet! I'm super pumped they included Zod's Helmet and the key will be a nice piece to add to my prop replicas. I can't wait for these to hit!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:12 pm 
Tis' but a pup

First let me say, great pics Magog! Thanks so much for the early look.

Second, would it be possible for you to either take pics of them, or describe a comparison of the height of Zod and the height of Faora compared to a standard DCUC figure. Any DCUC male figure that uses the BM/NW/Hal body, or the SuperBats body will do.

Just wondering if Zod or Faora will stand up to the scale-Nazi inside me :^)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 am 
Cold-cast

not sure if anyone cares but i read online that the justice league movie is on schedule for 2015 for now and anything can change. Neither Christopher Nolan nor Christian Bale is on board. Also the article said that there will be a new batman who will make his debut in the JL movie and will also be in a solo movie(s) after the JL movie. I personal nt putting stock in this until its on the silver screen at theaters nationwide. I also read that a GL 2 movie was planned but was cancelled due to the failure of the first but there is interest in rebooting. Also read that Marvel is looking to reboot fantastic four and daredevil.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:56 am 
Tis' but a pup

Zim wrote:
not sure if anyone cares but i read online that the justice league movie is on schedule for 2015 for now and anything can change. Neither Christopher Nolan nor Christian Bale is on board. Also the article said that there will be a new batman who will make his debut in the JL movie and will also be in a solo movie(s) after the JL movie. I personal nt putting stock in this until its on the silver screen at theaters nationwide. I also read that a GL 2 movie was planned but was cancelled due to the failure of the first but there is interest in rebooting. Also read that Marvel is looking to reboot fantastic four and daredevil.

I've seen the same thing about the JL movie with a new Batman who will carry over into solo movies being reported all over the 'net, and it makes a lot of sense, it's just, who knows how long it will actually take. It seems like it's always at least 5-15 years after it's first brought up before the movie is actually made.

If they cast Nathan Fillion as Hal, and a younger, funnier guy as Kyle (would have thought Ryan Reynolds would have made a good Kyle) I would so go see a GL movie in theaters.

As for FF, they need to cast actors who actually look like the FF members do in the comics this time, and make the Thing CGI. Same with DD, they need an actual martial artist to play him, Elektra, and anybody else that was a MA in the comics. Not to mention people who actually look the parts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Zim wrote:
. Also read that Marvel is looking to reboot fantastic four and daredevil.

Marvel is not-- the studios that currently own their rights are - so that they dont revert back to Disney and Marvel Films..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I thought the studios lost the rights to Daredevil because they haven't made a movie in X number of years. I'm pretty sure DD is back in the Marvel stable.

But the rights to the FF are still studio owned.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:08 pm 
Variant Head

squeezeplay wrote:
First let me say, great pics Magog! Thanks so much for the early look.

Second, would it be possible for you to either take pics of them, or describe a comparison of the height of Zod and the height of Faora compared to a standard DCUC figure. Any DCUC male figure that uses the BM/NW/Hal body, or the SuperBats body will do.

Just wondering if Zod or Faora will stand up to the scale-Nazi inside me :^)

These pics were sent by the seller. The figures are coming to my house, but it must take up to 7 days until I get them. Anyway, the Movie Masters figures are a little smaller than DCUC figures.

As soon as I get the I'll be posting a lot of pics including some comparison pics with DCUC figures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:38 am 
Cold-cast

squeezeplay wrote:
Zim wrote:

I've seen the same thing about the JL movie with a new Batman who will carry over into solo movies being reported all over the 'net, and it makes a lot of sense, it's just, who knows how long it will actually take. It seems like it's always at least 5-15 years after it's first brought up before the movie is actually made.

If they cast Nathan Fillion as Hal, and a younger, funnier guy as Kyle (would have thought Ryan Reynolds would have made a good Kyle) I would so go see a GL movie in theaters.

As for FF, they need to cast actors who actually look like the FF members do in the comics this time, and make the Thing CGI. Same with DD, they need an actual martial artist to play him, Elektra, and anybody else that was a MA in the comics. Not to mention people who actually look the parts.

I thought Ryan would make a great kyle, never believed him as hal. Nathan fillion as Hal no way. Last i read fox was close to loosing rights to daredevil. Any way after amazing spiderman, i am open to seeing what they do. i honestly tought amazing spiderman would end up being a disaster as i loved the sam raimi versions except for kirsten dunst, she really annoys me. However, i ended up loving it. I hate hero movies where the good guy gets his rear end handed to him by the bad guy and the bad guy has a sympatethic story were you kind see his point of view. I like my heroes strong. Old fashioned i guess.

So both versions of Superman MOS MM figs are identical except for the key. I wonder why they did this. Only thing that comes to mind is wb did not want to leak the key thing and mattel wanted to sell toys in march, so mattel decided to do 2 versions. I think they intended to offer the figs for preorder in march but wb would not let them reveal the key so they made 2 versions- one sold before the movie one sold after. I don't think mattel thought that wb would not let anyone sell or list them till may. Typically movie figs release or go up for preorder 3 months prior to movie premiere. Could also be why armor version with helmet of zod was in wave 2. Any way i thought this was a bit silly whatever the reason.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The key may be an exclusive to one chain like K-Mart having the blueprints with the Batman figure last year.

My store is supposed to get our first case of Movie Masters in tonight. Case of 8, not sure how it breaks down yet, but I'd almost bet on four of Superman and two each of the other two. Price will be just under $16 each. May 1st is the street date on these, right?...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am 
An Insider

Jim_Abell wrote:
May 1st is the street date on these, right?...

That's the word on the street but I don't think we've had any official confirmation. I know that Walmart will be having a big special event surrounding the Man of Steel on May 18th and they will have product available by then so May 1 is probably a safe bet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 am 
Variant Head

Jim_Abell wrote:
The key may be an exclusive to one chain like K-Mart having the blueprints with the Batman figure last year.

I hope so, cause we know that Mattel will release only 6 figures, and I'm still hoping to get a Lois Lane figure.

Jim_Abell wrote:
My store is supposed to get our first case of Movie Masters in tonight. Case of 8, not sure how it breaks down yet, but I'd almost bet on four of Superman and two each of the other two.

Please, let us know how many of each come in the box, when you receive it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Magog wrote:
Please, let us know how many of each come in the box, when you receive it.

I'll be stuck at the registers, not sure that I'll get to see it until street date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next