Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 am 
Collector Inspector

Shellhead wrote:
I thought the studios lost the rights to Daredevil because they haven't made a movie in X number of years. I'm pretty sure DD is back in the Marvel stable.

But the rights to the FF are still studio owned.

BOOM!

The live-action film rights to Daredevil have indeed reverted back to Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige confirmed to Newsarama.

http://www.newsarama.com/film/kevin-fei ... udios.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Shame they haven't got Spider-Man back too, then you could have Kingpin as a villain in a spidey movie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:32 am 
Tis' but a pup

elvis8batman wrote:
Shame they haven't got Spider-Man back too, then you could have Kingpin as a villain in a spidey movie.

Or -gasp- a Spidey *and* DD movie with Kingpin as the villain???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am 
Tis' but a pup

Magog wrote:
These pics were sent by the seller. The figures are coming to my house, but it must take up to 7 days until I get them.

Yup, I gathered :^)

Magog wrote:
Anyway, the Movie Masters figures are a little smaller than DCUC figures.

As we saw, Superman is taller than many MM figures, and almost the same height as certain DCUC. Which is why I need the pics, to be sure.

Magog wrote:
As soon as I get the I'll be posting a lot of pics including some comparison pics with DCUC figures.

Awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:44 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Argghh! I don't like this May 1st street date stuff, I want these figures now... lol. I walked into a WM earlier and saw they had a MOS cape and some Krypton Armor/Ninja weapon set, but no figures of any kind... *moan... ;)

D.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Dusty wrote:
Argghh! I don't like this May 1st street date stuff, I want these figures now... lol. I walked into a WM earlier and saw they had a MOS cape and some Krypton Armor/Ninja weapon set, but no figures of any kind... *moan... ;)

D.

Nice. I have seen nothing. I'll have to take a ride later tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I saw the Movie Masters case this morning but no time to "inspect" the contents. Street date on the box is for the 28th, though, so the wait is only until Sunday...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 am 
An Insider

These have shown up at local Hasting stores here in OKC. I'm going to go check them out at lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Jim_Abell wrote:
I saw the Movie Masters case this morning but no time to "inspect" the contents. Street date on the box is for the 28th, though, so the wait is only until Sunday...

Like I stated in the MOS movie thread Sunday doesn't work for me, I'm going to need Mattel, WM, and WB to adjust the date for tomorrow... j/k ;)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 pm 
Brand Manager

Oh boy! All my MOS figures continue the loooooonnnnong travel to Brazil. Even using Express Mail it looks like a year :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:21 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

even though i probably wont be getting these figures anyway, i'm pretty disappointed they arent making a lois lane figure. young zod vs jor-el makes sense, i suppose. armored zod vs superman obviously, but the female character they choose to make is some kryptonian that no one's ever even heard of over lois lane who is arguably the most well-known and under marketed female character in the entire dcu? seems stupid. also, where's the clark kent figure? gotta say, it would be awesome if they did a mail-away clark kent figure like back in the super powers line. maybe clark to supes will be the sdcc exclusive this year like bruce to bats was last year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 am 
Variant Head

Has anyone even confirmed that "Clark Kent" is in the movie ? I mean I honestly think at the end of the movie Lois and Perry will know who Superman is and agree that he needs to work at the Daily Planet and help him with his secret identity. From what I have seen so far I am leaning towards there not really being a focus on the secret identity aside from the wandering sad angry Clark story but I doubt it will lead to him working at the Daily planet before he is known as Superman. Just my thoughts could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:27 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Clark Kent is certainly in the movie, he's in the trailer - that is who he really is more than Superman or Kal-El. Maybe we won't see the reporter Clark Kent, but we will see Clark Kent in the film.

It's been a looooooooong time since I read the original Man of Steel mini-series by John Byrne, but if I'm remembering it correctly didn't Clark spend a few years traveling the world and secretly saving people before catching that plane/shuttle falling out of the sky and suddenly having to reveal himself to the world? Perhaps Man of Steel is the right name for this movie afterall...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:27 am 
Brand Manager

Jim_Abell wrote:
Clark Kent is certainly in the movie, he's in the trailer - that is who he really is more than Superman or Kal-El. Maybe we won't see the reporter Clark Kent, but we will see Clark Kent in the film.

It's been a looooooooong time since I read the original Man of Steel mini-series by John Byrne, but if I'm remembering it correctly didn't Clark spend a few years traveling the world and secretly saving people before catching that plane/shuttle falling out of the sky and suddenly having to reveal himself to the world? Perhaps Man of Steel is the right name for this movie afterall...

You're totally right. He revealed himself after catching a chalenger kind of shuttle, and was seen by the entire world.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Got the Superman today at my local Walmart. They had Superman and Zod. No Jor-el.

Wouldn't have gotten him if I had realized he isn't SIX INCHES. Arrgghh!! Why do they do that!?!?

"Let's make one line slightly smaller, so they don't look right next to these bazillion others these fans have bought..."

That is why I only get certain Marvel Selects, Like Ultron or the Hulks, that look OK larger.

Anyway, it is too bad his size is off because he is a GREAT figure. Much better then the new 52 Superman figure Mattel put out with that off head. Of course, they can't seem to get the head right or consistent in the comics either...

Anyway, this MM Superman figure is just one gorgeous well put together figure. Looks great, poseable. Painted just right.

If only it were in scale I'd have a great Justice league...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next