Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm 
active in the community

I stopped by Target on Monday and they had a whole section for the Man of Steel toys and they did have the Movie Masters out.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 am 
Brand Manager

Captain Morgan wrote:
I stopped by Target on Monday and they had a whole section for the Man of Steel toys and they did have the Movie Masters out.

I went to Target yesterday to get coffee swung by the toy section they had 1 peg for Movie Masters and 5 Supermans ! I asked a buddy that works there to look out back and they back stocked both Zod and Jor El I got Jor El for a friend but this reminds me of the DKR Movie MAsters. My local Targets put out mostly Batmans but behold clearance time and all the Catwomans and Banes came from the back room for 50 % off. Target is insanely stupid at stocking why bother to unload items from a truck, put them on a pallet, bring them to the floor, then stock almost the whole dam case ( Meanwhile tons of empty pegs all over the place) then they take the only 2 different figures and back stock them.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 am 
Tis' but a pup

PBateman wrote:
why bother to unload items from a truck, put them on a pallet, bring them to the floor, then stock almost the whole dam case ( Meanwhile tons of empty pegs all over the place) then they take the only 2 different figures and back stock them.

PBateman wrote:
Target is insanely stupid at stocking

You answered your own question :^)

In fact, this goes for most big box stores.

The problem is, there is no one who works for these companies high up who knows anything about collector mentality. I've been saying for years that if Wal-Mart, Target, TRU etc. had at least one person on the payroll who collected, they'd be able to predict what the strategy for distribution should be in order to keep certain stuff from hardcore pegwarming.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 am 
active in the community

Now that I think about it Target has a whole section with Jusice League figures mixed with the MOS figures.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:43 am 
PVC

I found them.... Yay!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:03 am 
Damage Control

PBateman wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:

I went to Target yesterday to get coffee swung by the toy section they had 1 peg for Movie Masters and 5 Supermans ! I asked a buddy that works there to look out back and they back stocked both Zod and Jor El I got Jor El for a friend but this reminds me of the DKR Movie MAsters. My local Targets put out mostly Batmans but behold clearance time and all the Catwomans and Banes came from the back room for 50 % off. Target is insanely stupid at stocking why bother to unload items from a truck, put them on a pallet, bring them to the floor, then stock almost the whole dam case ( Meanwhile tons of empty pegs all over the place) then they take the only 2 different figures and back stock them.

Because there are more Superman per case and the goal is to sell those first. Collectors will just bug an employee if there are any harder to find figures in the back so it makes no difference.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I drove 20 miles and found the newest wave (wave 2.1; Armored Zod and Faora.) They also had tons of regular Wave 1 Supermans (I already have him and almost all SMs had sucky paint apps anyway,) but they also had many Zods... atleast 7, and 2 Faoras (though both Faoras had "meh" paint apps, I just bought the better looking one.)
Then I decided to go to another Walmart 10 miles away from the one I first stopped at, and bahbam! found a better painted Faora. It was funny as I was about to hide it for a minute so I could go to my car and grab the other one to exchange it, anyways... while about to stash it for a moment I found someone had stashed another Faora in the same spot... (what are the chances of that, and that the one they stashed had a better paint app? lol.) So anyhoo, I left the one I had and grabbed and bought the other one, I hope doing that is okay for my Karma. lol

Oh, and this was two different Walmarts in Utah that I found these... for those who are in Utah, yeah they are here. I have yet to see Shackles Zod or Key Chain Superman (I want both those two figures, but from what I can tell none of the WMs in a 30+ mile area have them.) Good luck to anyone else though. :)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:30 pm 
Collector Inspector

Arrgh, I drove for an hour and went to 3 different Walmarts and NO MOS Movie Masters.
COME ONNNNNN. I have a feeling Armored Zod and Faora are going to be impossible.

The Walmart closest to me used to do that stupid stocking maneuver. Stock half a case. Put the rest in the back. Pull the rest out later. Move everything in the back again. Pull them back out 6 months later . Put them back in the stockroom. Pull what's left back out again in a year for the Clearance aisle. Clearance them down $1 and let them sit there for 6 more months. Just ridiculous.
It's like this Walmart gets their selling strategy from Matty Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:38 pm 
Tis' but a pup

funtime3 wrote:
Arrgh, I drove for an hour and went to 3 different Walmarts and NO MOS Movie Masters.
COME ONNNNNN. I have a feeling Armored Zod and Faora are going to be impossible.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Ansonia, Ct. and the east coast is almost always the last to get stuff. I went to a local WM today and they had 1 armored Zod and like 4-5 Supes. I've never even seen the first wave, but to be fair, the entire time I was reading about it, I wasn't looking.

Anyway, I didn't buy anything so if anyone wants to grab an armored Zod from the Shelton Wal-Mart it might still be there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 am 
Brand Manager

Hey guys! Take a look at this incredible MOS publicity special!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... r_WuA7iNg#!

Check Namek at 3:17! This guy is huge! And i really hope to get a figure of him :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 am 
Collector Inspector

Seems like either he's not a very important character or he's a super important secret plotspoiler character, cause if not, mattel really ****the bed by not making him a cnc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:31 am 
Brand Manager

Judging by the last trailers it looks like he will have some cool fight scenes with Supes. I bet it's the second option.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Found the Superman with Key today at Walmart. Other figures on the pegs were regular Zod and Jor-El

Pleasantly surprised that the key is not some cheap plastic but a heavy metal one wouldn't be too embarrassed about actually wearing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 am 
Damage Control

Wildcard wrote:
Found the Superman with Key today at Walmart. Other figures on the pegs were regular Zod and Jor-El

Pleasantly surprised that the key is not some cheap plastic but a heavy metal one wouldn't be too embarrassed about actually wearing

I wouldn't wear it. But I do want it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:36 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
All the Walmarts in a 30 mile area have the Armored Zod wave, (which is nice that they have MM at all,) but I really want that Key and figure, lol. Hurry up Target and Kmart!!! Get those figures in! ;)

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next