Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

DUPE

Last edited by stewbacca on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Still ahead of Mudd

#2 extra

Last edited by stewbacca on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Still ahead of Mudd

Saw a bunch of Wave 1 at my local Kroger today-and there they will stay--( I just dont see the appeal in any of these figures-- that Zod is my candidate for worst figure of the year (sure it may match the movie-but it looks like nothing-- old man figures look cooler than that thing)) --

What's more depressing that their action figure is more stocked, is larger and has more variety (and recentness) than my local walmart.

And surprise-- when something doesnt sell they actually clearance it out-- (and start at 50 % off)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:14 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Saw Wave 1 at my local Target today and all 3 Supes were the painted belt/dark S/stubbly version. Thought about buying Zod for a hot minute but I'm going to grab the armored version first.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Here's a Man of Steel Figurine I got from a local Fast Food chain.

For more details, visit this site

http://actionfigureplanet.blogspot.com/ ... steel.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Hey guys, where are you finding wave two? Just at Walmart so far?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Finally Snagged them here in the Philippines, the price is quite exploitative. That's doubled from the regular price. I found the entire wave one and two but only got these three and Superman because of the price and lack of CNC parts. Tempted to get the Superman with key and Zod with shackles... if only the price is not as high as they are priced now :(

Zod and Faora

Jor-El

Superman
http://actionfigureplanet.blogspot.com/ ... steel.html

reviews for Zod, Faora, and Jor El, up as soon as I finish watching the movie. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Shellhead wrote:
Hey guys, where are you finding wave two? Just at Walmart so far?

A friend of mine found series 2 at a Target in Rockland county NY Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:32 pm 
5th Horseman

After seeing the movie last night... Mattel should be ashamed of themselves. The movie is not great, by any stretch, but the Krypton scenes are SOOOO toyetic. It's as lush and rich as Avatar or Star Wars... and we got 20 repaints of Superman. Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:51 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

AnimateTed wrote:
After seeing the movie last night... Mattel should be ashamed of themselves. The movie is not great, by any stretch, but the Krypton scenes are SOOOO toyetic. It's as lush and rich as Avatar or Star Wars... and we got 20 repaints of Superman. Ridiculous.

The movie isn't good? Without spoilers, can you tell us why? That is such a bummer, I'm a HUGE Supes fan (check out the Avatar)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 pm 
5th Horseman

Spoiler free.

It's an unnecessarily complicated and convoluted version of the story were all familiar with. You dont really understamd the stakes, so the resolution is kind of disengaging.

It's an everything and the kitchen sink approach to a superhero movie with no nuance. Nothing is earned. Everything just sort of happens, and it is absolutely, 100% joyless. It is ridiculously serious and self important. The 2 lines of humor are in the trailers "you might wanna back up" and "I think he's kinda hot". If Iron Man 3 was too much comedy, this is its bleak opposite twin.

There is a kernel of a good movie in there somewhere. And I expected to hate the look of the movie, and that wound up being one of the parts I liked. All of the Krypton scenes are compelling, if not convoluted. Henry Cavill looks like Superman, but the character is so underdeveloped. There is no personality at all.

I hate to compare, but just watch Christopher Reeve again. He brings so much subtlety. Nothing subtle here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:57 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

AnimateTed wrote:
Spoiler free.

It's an unnecessarily complicated and convoluted version of the story were all familiar with. You dont really understamd the stakes, so the resolution is kind of disengaging.

It's an everything and the kitchen sink approach to a superhero movie with no nuance. Nothing is earned. Everything just sort of happens, and it is absolutely, 100% joyless. It is ridiculously serious and self important. The 2 lines of humor are in the trailers "you might wanna back up" and "I think he's kinda hot". If Iron Man 3 was too much comedy, this is its bleak opposite twin.

There is a kernel of a good movie in there somewhere. And I expected to hate the look of the movie, and that wound up being one of the parts I liked. All of the Krypton scenes are compelling, if not convoluted. Henry Cavill looks like Superman, but the character is so underdeveloped. There is no personality at all.

I hate to compare, but just watch Christopher Reeve again. He brings so much subtlety. Nothing subtle here.

Appreciate the review! Thanks for leaving it Spoiler-Free. I picked up the Wal-Mart tickets and I'm going with Mrs. Jakeeyes tomorrow. Here's hoping it's not a COMPLETE let down. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm 
Bob Vila

I very much doubt anyone will ever be able to touch the performance Chris Reeve gave as Superman. He was able to be warm and welcoming, stern and powerful and even angry when it mattered.
But from what I've seen of Cavill in the multitude of clips shown so far he seems to be doing a good job. I can't wait to see this, I'm going Friday lunch time with a group of friends and will hopefully be pleased with the movie at the very least.
I think if there are any mistakes in tone, they can be addressed in sequels now that the character has been re-established. I appreciate you giving us your review and keeping it spoiler free, but like all movies, I will make up my mind when I've watched it. ( I was'nt suggesting you we're telling us how to feel about it, just that everyone's tastes are different).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm 
5th Horseman

elvis8batman wrote:
I very much doubt anyone will ever be able to touch the performance Chris Reeve gave as Superman. He was able to be warm and welcoming, stern and powerful and even angry when it mattered.
But from what I've seen of Cavill in the multitude of clips shown so far he seems to be doing a good job. I can't wait to see this, I'm going Friday lunch time with a group of friends and will hopefully be pleased with the movie at the very least.
I think if there are any mistakes in tone, they can be addressed in sequels now that the character has been re-established. I appreciate you giving us your review and keeping it spoiler free, but like all movies, I will make up my mind when I've watched it. ( I was'nt suggesting you we're telling us how to feel about it, just that everyone's tastes are different).

Hahahahha. Of course. Id expect nothing less! thats why theres chocolate AND vanilla!

I just love the genre so much. I'm rooting for DC to kick ass in films, but between DKR, Green Lantern and this... I just feel they don't have a vision. Marvel movies have their flaws, but their eye is always on the prize. But I'm more of a DC fan. I just think that the people in charge don't understand what makes their characters special. And those that do, get caught up in the "Hollywood" of it all, and lose sight of the bigger picture.

I could talk about this for hours!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 am 
declined to be a vampire

AnimateTed wrote:

Toy part aside, I thought the movie was solid. I went in with really high expectations, so it was bound not to hit them, but I still give the movie a B+.

I'm going again tonight with some friends, going to see what jumps out and if I give it a better or worse review.

And I'm very critical of Superman stuff too, and I thought it was good.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next