Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Unlimited / Batman Unlimited at retail
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am 
Bob Vila

JuliusMarx wrote:
Also Red Rain Batman looks an awful lot like Nightmare Batman who is appearing in that new "Infinite Crisis" video game...

Julius, I know your hands are probably tied quite a bit of the time with regards to what you hear and what and when you can share info from mattel, but would you say there's another rebranding on the cards to be revealed at SDCC of the DC lines?

It seems the quick change over from last year was out of the blue and took even Mattel by surprise when it happened, but the old waves were working as far as I could tell, good mix of new and old characters and the CnC incentive made many go all in on a wave rather than cherry pic. Is it likely they'll be going back to a similar set up, what with the rumours of the current Unlimited lines being cancelled?

(This isn't a question for mattel specifically, although feel free to re-jig it and put it to them)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 am 
Brand Manager

abuddah wrote:
If I had to hazard a guess, it's the old "Batman and Superman sell to Mom's and kids" theory.

So blood drinking Vampire Batman is more appealing to Parents and Grandparents than a Robin? :|
Oh, right... it's a California thing.

Anyways... based on the aisles and aisles of unsold Injustice Gods Batmen in my neck of the woods, the chances of me seeing a Wave 3 of any kind looks pretty slim. So the whole point is moot.

Oh, well. At least those TRU bins full of Ryan Reynolds Green Lanterns will be in good company this coming Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm 
Resin

SONOFAB#*CH! Damian was the only figure I really wanted...Ive picked up Hawkman,Batman and Batigirl just for the helluva it(No JLU has me grasping at straws I guess), but Damian was whom I was waiting for. Wish I could say Im surprised, but it IS Mattel after all.

Another surprise is all the info that been forthcoming over at the Matty Forums on these. Great insight! :roll:

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Just as I have given up on the DC subs, I have pretty much given up on the "Unlimited" lines. I feel content with having all of the A listers from the DCUC run, and it doesn't matter to me if I miss out on the "new 52" versions. I did make it a point to pick up the Dark Knight Returns Batman, though! He was one of the only choices in the new lines that I loved!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 pm 
Cold-cast

DCMarvelHoarder wrote:
Just as I have given up on the DC subs, I have pretty much given up on the "Unlimited" lines. I feel content with having all of the A listers from the DCUC run, and it doesn't matter to me if I miss out on the "new 52" versions. I did make it a point to pick up the Dark Knight Returns Batman, though! He was one of the only choices in the new lines that I loved!

DKR Batman was the only Unlimited figure I picked up too. To hell with completeism. The Mattel DKR figure was actually better than the DC Direct version. Best figure wins. And that's what Mattel has to do, make better DC / Batman figures than the other companies are producing, if they want to stay in the game and earn our $$.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Found the final All Star line (SB Prime, Red Robin) @ Kmart on sale for 10.44 in Upstate NY. Just bought Red Robin, I got SB off of Ebay and I'm boycotting all 52 figures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:25 am 
MINT!

I was looking forward to the Beyond and Robin figures. This stinks, but hopefully we will see them some how.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 pm 
MINT!

wonder woman is 12.79 on the mattel site...i think they also have flash and superman in stock. superboy prime is 11.99. i think the best coupon code available is for 15% off.

https://shop.mattel.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21340756&prodFindSrc=cart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 pm 
serves the Otter

Since someone recently brought up the the Super Powers repaints of the big three and how they should be offered at retail.... have at look at what the last light blue Superman just sold for on Ebay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171071781277?ss ... 1423.l2649

So sad. I want that figure badly, along with Wonder Woman and Batman. Mattel is foolish for not offering these at retail in the DC Unlimited line, or as an exclusive 3-pack somewhere. Every one of these auctions keeps ending at a higher price than the last, so when is Mattel going to wake up and realize the demand for these repaints?? I have no doubt that the Super Powers repaints of the big three would have sold a lot better than the Injustice or DC52 figures that are currently pegwarming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 pm 
PVC

Saw the Injustice Green Lantern today. Took a picture of it.

-Talos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 am 
Collector Inspector

I finally found the Vampire Batman at my LCS over the weekend, and it looked better than I had remembered, so I bought it. On the back were pictures of the Beware the Bat figure and a third Batman. Does anyone know which Batman that third one is? I'm guessing it's a re-release of the Nu52 figure that already came out, but I wanted to make sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:58 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

GregNYC wrote:
I finally found the Vampire Batman at my LCS over the weekend, and it looked better than I had remembered, so I bought it. On the back were pictures of the Beware the Bat figure and a third Batman. Does anyone know which Batman that third one is? I'm guessing it's a re-release of the Nu52 figure that already came out, but I wanted to make sure.

Correct, it's not a "new" figure at all, just those two you previously mentioned. I haven't seen them at mass retail, but local comic shops got them here. I did find the Green Lantern from the game at Walnart twice, but I'm thinking that may be it at retail. I hope mattel funds a way to still get the 6" Arkham Origins out there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm 
shirtless hugger

I picked up Vampire Batman and Beware the Batman Batman, which has a really small head and hands. I think the third Batman is The Dark Knight Returns as that was on the pegs with the other two.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:03 am 
Collector Inspector

Captain Collector wrote:
Correct, it's not a "new" figure at all, just those two you previously mentioned. I haven't seen them at mass retail, but local comic shops got them here. I did find the Green Lantern from the game at Walnart twice, but I'm thinking that may be it at retail. I hope mattel funds a way to still get the 6" Arkham Origins out there.

Thanks!

I finally found the Beware the Batman figure at TRU, but his head was so tiny, he looked like a pinhead, so I passed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:00 am 
PVC

is the Unlimited Arkham Origins Batman and Deathstroke still coming out? I saw some on ebay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next