Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Unlimited / Batman Unlimited at retail
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

The Wally figure you have doesn't appear to suffer from that wrong leg issue. Hope thats the case when mine arrives, I ordered two just to edge my bets.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:16 am 
ABS

I'm going to see if my LCS is willing to buy my Flash figure (didn't open it) or do a trade for something in their store.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-dc-unlimited-gl-and-beware-the-batman

Well, that's it. Goodnight folks! Toyguru, you mind sweeping up a bit and locking the door on your way out? Thanks buddy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That is a pretty fugly Batman. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Shellhead wrote:

Yep it is. Also, the hips don't even look articulated. DC unlimited is going to end up being very limited in the number of people buying I reckon.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:38 am 
categorically opposed

elvis8batman wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Yep it is. Also, the hips don't even look articulated. DC unlimited is going to end up being very limited in the number of people buying I reckon.

I'm sure the hips are actually articulated, even if they don't appear to be on this model.

And he sure is ugly - but he's accurate to the source material, so that's really something to take up with WB.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 am 
5th Horseman

No... take it up with Mattel. Why the hell is ANOTHER Batman not in the "Batman Unlimited" line. having 2 different Injustice Bats and now this... thing... in there is a mess. And the fact that I'm FINALLY getting an Anarchy figure, but he's the animated styled one, is a heartbreak. I'm full of hate this morning.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm 
Brand Manager

elvis8batman wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Yup. Wholeheartedly agree.

MoMoney wrote:
I'm sure the hips are actually articulated, even if they don't appear to be on this model.

There's a cut just below the crotch area. Between the lower hip and the upper thigh. So the figure looks to be articulated in the same fashion my JLU Wonder Woman and Batgirl figures were. Which, IMHO, is not much articulation for a 6 inch figure. Anyways, I'm sure the cut is needed in order to balance so much bulk on such skinny legs. But I just don't see people being able to do much more with it. And yes, I'm sure WB had everything to do with this figure being "on model". But I have to believe that Mattel at least had a say when it came to scale. Which is sad because I could see myself embracing 4.5 inch versions of Anarky and the rest of the animated villains. But at the 6 inch scale? ...with that kind of articulation? ...at that scale's typical price point? Sorry, but I just don't see that happening. At least not for me. (And I'm supposedly one of those "loud but not numerous" collectors who prefers the simple, animated sculpts of JLU & Young Justice, over the more realistic looks of DCUC.)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

abuddah wrote:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-dc-unlimited-gl-and-beware-the-batman

Well, that's it. Goodnight folks! Toyguru, you mind sweeping up a bit and locking the door on your way out? Thanks buddy

I was waiting for someone to comment -- didnt think it would take almost 2 days--- Animated Batmen are usually a simple purchase-- this one is a simple leave on the shelf-

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:37 pm 
4" scale

That Batman looks just like he does in the show. People will warm up to it once we see the actual show. That GL however, Oy!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm 
categorically opposed

AnimateTed wrote:
No... take it up with Mattel. Why the hell is ANOTHER Batman not in the "Batman Unlimited" line. having 2 different Injustice Bats and now this... thing... in there is a mess. And the fact that I'm FINALLY getting an Anarchy figure, but he's the animated styled one, is a heartbreak. I'm full of hate this morning.

He is in the Batman Unlimited line. It was announced as such at Toy Fair, and it says as much right on the main page here.

So, again, take it up with WB.

red Ricky wrote:
There's a cut just below the crotch area. Between the lower hip and the upper thigh. So the figure looks to be articulated in the same fashion my JLU Wonder Woman and Batgirl figures were. Which, IMHO, is not much articulation for a 6 inch figure.

It could have the DCUC hinge at the crotch. Doesn't matter to me, though, since I couldn't be less interested in it, whether it has two points of articulation or ten thousand.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:09 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Oy indeed!
That Green Lantern is NOT Green Lantern, imo.

I appreciate that the Batman figure is really on-model to the show design.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I guess I'm the only one that does like the GL. Out of the four Injustice figures we've seen so far I think he looks the best, the other three look so oddly proportioned and this one does look like he's been designed with a bit of Parallax's and Kyle's costumes in mind.

That Batman, though... Hoping I warm-up to the design once I see it animated, but it looks horrible in figure form (at least from that photo). As for the hips, perhaps it has MOTUC-style joints where the joint is hidden under flexible trunks.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:57 pm 
MINT!

Why do all the injustice figures wear shin guards? Is there a soccer mini game?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 pm 
Cold-cast

Shellhead wrote:

I like the figure and design. It's a hybrid of the 1939 Bob Kane Batman, a Pixar character, and the Bruce Timm Batman. For me the Batman design I really hated (at first) was Batman: The Brave and The Bold. The Adam West-ish look was hokey did nothing for me, but it was a great show nonetheless. I prefer the Golden Age noir-Batman. Beware the Batman seems to be in that vein.

I remember people screaming back when Bruce Timm did the TNBA redesign on Batman. They were all fixated on the yellow oval and blue highlights. Good riddance, in my opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next