Post subject: The Lego Batman Movie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:16 pm 
Mint on Card

Awesome.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-batman- ... announced/

Post subject: Re: Lego Batman spinoff movie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:45 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah ... this could be AWESOME. If they can reclaim even part of the magic of the first movie, this is gonna hit, if not ....

I'll try to keep positively optimistic about it and wait to hear more info as the date gets closer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:37 pm 
Mint on Card

I wonder how much the dad and son will play into it and how much they'll be dealing with characters who aren't in the dc universe. I also wonder if any marvel characters will make it into the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:21 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I know there is a new Lego Batman movie ( co-starring the justice league, most likely from the new game) coming to Cartoon Network soon. I wonder if this is somehow a mis-interpretation of that announcement or if it is in fact a real thing that is happening?

curiosity and all that

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am 
Mint on Card

The article said it was a big screen release and that will arnett would be doing the voice, so unless their intel is way off, I gotta think this will be something more closely related to the lego movie and less like heroes unite.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:01 pm 
Mint on Card

More news: http://www.thebrickfan.com/warner-bros- ... ase-dates/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The LEGO Batman Movie Will be Next in The LEGO Movie Franchise

SuperHeroHype

Apr 20, 2015

With quite a few feature films based on the popular toy line in the works at the studio, Warner Bros. Pictures has today rebuilt its LEGO Movie franchise schedule, delaying LEGO’s Ninjago a full year, moving up The LEGO Batman Movie by several months, and shifting The LEGO Movie Sequel for release one week earlier than originally planned.

Formerly set for release on September 23, 2016, LEGO’s Ninjago will now open September 22, 2017. That means that the next LEGO film to see release will be The LEGO Batman Movie. Formerly set for release on May 26, 2017, Will Arnett’s Batman minifig will now be back on the big screen February 10, 2017. The LEGO Movie Sequel, then, previously set for a May 25, 2018 release, will open in theaters May 18, 2018.

The new dates will see The LEGO Batman Movie opening opposite the 20th Century Fox drama The Mountain Between Us, while both LEGO’s Ninjago and The LEGO Movie Sequel are the first films to claim their respective dates. Assuming the vacated date of LEGO’s Ninjago will be another Warner Bros. animated film, Storks. On that September 23, 2016 date, Storks will have to contend with a still-unrevealed Sony Pictures Animation release.

The original The LEGO Movie, released last year, was directed by Lord and Miller alongside Chris McKay and grossed an impressive $468 million at the worldwide box office.

Another LEGO film, The Billion Brick Race, remains set for release on May 24, 2019. Of course, that may change down the line, so check back for updates as they become available.

Post subject: Re: The Lego Batman Movie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:25 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Michael Cera Cast as Robin in The LEGO Batman Movie!

SuperHeroHype

Jul 16, 2015

Will Arnett’s LEGO Batman has found his Boy Wonder! The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Michael Cera will voice Robin in the upcoming The LEGO Batman Movie. Cera’s Superbad costar, Jonah Hill, previously cameoed in The LEGO Movie as fellow DC Comics superhero Green Lantern.

Cera has recently been lending his voice to Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain’s Adult Swim comedy series, “Children’s Hospital” and has another major voice role hitting the big screen next summer. He’s set to reteam with Hill as well as Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Salma Hayek, Edward Norton, David Krumholtz, Nick Kroll, James Franco, Craig Robinson, Bill Hader, Anders Holm, Paul Rudd and Danny McBride for the R-rated animated ensemble, Sausage Party. Set for release June 3, 2016, Sausage Party follows the adventures of some sausages determined to get back to their proper place in a grocery store before a big 4th of July sale.

According to the trade, Cera is also making plans to write and direct a big screen adaptation of Charles Portis’ Masters of Atlantis. Portis, a famously reclusive author, is best known for his 1968 novel True Grit, twice adapted for the big screen. Masters of Atlantis, published in 1985, the book is officially described as follows:

Lamar Jimmerson is the leader of the Gnomon Society, the international fraternal order dedicated to preserving the arcane wisdom of the lost city of Atlantis. Stationed in France in 1917, Jimmerson comes across a little book crammed with Atlantean puzzles, Egyptian riddles, and extended alchemical metaphors. It’s the Codex Pappus – the sacred Gnomon text. Soon he is basking in the lore of lost Atlantis, convinced that his mission on earth is to administer to and extend the ranks of the noble brotherhood.

The LEGO Movie animation supervisor Chris McKay will direct The LEGO Batman Movie, which features a script by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter creator Seth Grahame-Smith. The LEGO Batman Movie hits theaters on May 26, 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:59 pm 
Mint on Card

Zach Galifinakis is apparently going to be the Joker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm 
Mint on Card

YES! Way more excited for this trailer than whatever other Batman stuff might be happening this week...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /82014418/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:33 am 
Mint on Card

Not twenty minutes. Stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:03 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 am 
Mint on Card

Haha, great trailer! Anybody figure out who the second bigfig is in the row of villains? Between Riddler and Catwoman? The giant Clayface looks insane. Also, enjoying the new Alfred look.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Killer Croc. If you freeze it right when they get knocked over you can see his snout and tail.