Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman and Harley Quinn (a return to the DCAU)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

They're going back to the DCAU for a brand new one but it looks only slightly more kid friendly than the original cut of Return of the Joker...

Post subject: Re: Batman and Harley Quinn (a return to the DCAU)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:30 am 
Ball Jointed

Are we sure it's official DCAU? If so, I'll be happy, but the producers seem trying to distance themselves in the trailer.

Also, why didn't they get Arleen Sorkin back?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 am 
MINT!

Despite the animation style and the return of Loren Lester as the voice of Nightwing I really don't think this film is official DCAU. Really disappointed that Arleen Sorkin and Diane Pershing won't be returning as Harley and Ivy.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:40 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Sorkin is said to be retired. The last job I could find for her was voicing Harley for DC Universe Online in 2011.

Guessing Pershing is retired, as well. Her last job listing is 2010's Fallout: New Vegas, though the IMDB page also says that she writes romance novels, so that may be where her attention is now.

As for it being DCAU on not, Timm specifically says that it's in the same style and Co-writer Jim Krieg has stated, "This is kind of a strange redheaded nephew of Batman: The Animated Series. But don't show it to your kids thinking that it's Batman: The Animated Series. It is its own thing, kind of, extrapolated" but he never says that it isn't the same continuity. At this point I think that they're keeping it vague intentionally so the viewer can make up their own mind. It's not like Superman: Brainiac Attacks were everyone was quick to say that it wasn't part of DCAU continuity despite Tim Daley and Dana Delany and the art style.

Was reading the press release for it over at World's Finest and was surprised to see something that no one has mentioned...

Spoiler: show
The story mentions some of the additional cast and it lists John DiMaggio as Swamp Thing (the listing on IMDB doesn't mention Swamp Thing but says he's playing Sarge Steel, but he could easily do both). At first glance I thought maybe someone confused Floronic Man with Swampy but the next sentence is a brief plot synopsis which mentions Floronic Man (IMDB says Kevin Michael Richardson voices him and Paget Brewster voices Ivy).

One thought I had after seeing the preview, that scene where Harley has Nightwing tied to the bed... What if Dick is the grandfather of the Dee Dees?...

...and just something random for those who haven't seen it... This is the scene from Days of Our Lives that inspired the creation of Harley Quinn...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 pm 
Ball Jointed

That was painful. And of course the YouTube video freezes on Sorkin's butt. Because that's how classy YouTube is.

For the record, the idea that the movie could potentially be a DCAU "Elseworlds" like Brianiac Attacks does not comfort me. Because there is an argument to be made that Brainiac Attacks is the single worst DC Animated movie ever made. It is certainly the worst project even SOMEWHAT related to the DCAU. At least this movie will have Bruce Timm, but just based on what we've seen so far, I'm not that hopeful.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:00 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Fone Bone wrote:
Because that's how classy YouTube is.

Not YouTube as much as the uploader. When you upload a video YouTube gives you a few image choices to pick from. If you have a certain amount of subscribers or views (or something of that nature) YouTube will let the uploader create and upload custom images for the videos.