Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Batman Unlimited
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 am 
Variant Head

I scored the first wave at Target today. In case anybody was wondering the case mix is 3 Batmans, 2 SP Penguins! and 1 Batgirl. DPCI is 087-06-1980. I must say the Penguin is a very nice figure HE HAS ROCKER ANKLES !

Post subject: Re: Batman Unlimited
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Isn't he just a repaint of DCUC Wave 1 Penguin?

Got a Batgirl myself. Although they did utilize a few new parts, I'm really getting a "going back to the well" one time too many vibe off of her. They just reused too many of the old parts.

Doesn't help that I already had two versions of her.

So, long story short, the DC Unlimited Batgirl shall be my last Batgirl.

Unless they re-release the Cassandra version. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:34 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Penguin has a new head sculpt to match his Super Powers look

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am 
shirtless hugger

Where are you located?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am 
Collector Inspector

Man, I've been driving to every Target this week hoping they'd put these out. My Targets are so slow. A full month and a half after Christmas now. Just put the toys out, geez. I do have Batman and Batgirl through ebay already. I have to say I love the figures, especially Batgirl. So now I just need Penguin.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 pm 
5th Horseman

I suspect that much like my youth a couple of decades ago, I will once again see pegs and pegs full of only this ridiculously-colored Penguin figure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:21 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Surprisingly, Penguin's torso is also resculpts to add the yellow waistcoat pieces.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm 
5" Scale

Is the price point $17.99? One of my LCBS got these and the new DCU wave at $22. Of course they buy them from Diamond, so there is a bit of mark up, but it isn't that fair from retail. Regardless of how much I love these figures, this price point is just killing the thrill of finding them :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 pm 
shirtless hugger

The_Donster wrote:
Is the price point $17.99? One of my LCBS got these and the new DCU wave at $22. Of course they buy them from Diamond, so there is a bit of mark up, but it isn't that fair from retail. Regardless of how much I love these figures, this price point is just killing the thrill of finding them :?

Yeah, my LCBS had them for $22, too, but I get 20 percent off, so it actually worked out to be a little cheaper for me. They only had Penguin, Flash, and Hawkman, though - I picked up Hawkman cause he is awesome. I wanted Batgirl to but he said they didn't get it in - maybe somebody else just got to the others quicker - don't know why they would have a case with just those 3.

Still haven't seen them at Target or TRU.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am 
Resin

Just got Batman, Batgirl, and Penguin at Target today. $15.99 each. Used DPCI to have them pulled from the back. Case was opened, so I was worried a 1 per case figure might be missing, but all 6 figures were there. Target is notorious for having things but not stalking them - sometimes due to slow resets. Fortunately, Target people have always been very friendly and helpful in retrieving in-stock items from the storeroom.

Now, just need Supes, Flash, and Hawkman, 2:3 are available on Amazon for Target's price or less. Really torn on collecting DCU after this, since Mattel is actively trying to pleeple off and alienate collectors with what has traditionally been a collector-oriented scale and style. N52 Darkseid? Should have been an over-sized DCIE figure at most. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. Injustice figures? No, thank you.

I honestly think Mattel should be stripped of the DC license at this point - kind of like Odin strips Thor of his powers in the movie. Disney should buy DC and have Hasbro make all the toys. Hope I don't end up biting my tongue after I see their offerings for Iron Man 3. I think they've abandoned collector's in the 3 3/4" scale for that movie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm 
Bob Vila

GoldBlade6 wrote:
Just got Batman, Batgirl, and Penguin at Target today. $15.99 each. Used DPCI to have them pulled from the back. Case was opened, so I was worried a 1 per case figure might be missing, but all 6 figures were there. Target is notorious for having things but not stalking them - sometimes due to slow resets. Fortunately, Target people have always been very friendly and helpful in retrieving in-stock items from the storeroom.

Now, just need Supes, Flash, and Hawkman, 2:3 are available on Amazon for Target's price or less. Really torn on collecting DCU after this, since Mattel is actively trying to pleeple off and alienate collectors with what has traditionally been a collector-oriented scale and style. N52 Darkseid? Should have been an over-sized DCIE figure at most. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. Injustice figures? No, thank you.

I honestly think Mattel should be stripped of the DC license at this point - kind of like Odin strips Thor of his powers in the movie. Disney should buy DC and have Hasbro make all the toys. Hope I don't end up biting my tongue after I see their offerings for Iron Man 3. I think they've abandoned collector's in the 3 3/4" scale for that movie.

It wouldn't bother me if Mattel lost the DC licence, but I would like the 4H to retain sculpting duties just so that future figures fit in with the line. There are so many obvious charcters that require figures which deserve the 4H treatment it would be a shame to lose design styles at this stage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

But at this point are we still certain that the 4H are doing the work on all the figures for these new lines.

Look at the upcoming Darkseid figure in the DC Unlimited brand. I'd be hard-pressed to give praise to the 4H if they truly are responsible for that mess.

So far the Bat U line looks consistent, but I gotta think we are going to see a truly massacred figure in the pipeline soon....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Saw these at target yesterday-- of course I only saw Batman and Superman-- everything else was gone..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Saw Batman at Walmart this morning, so they're hitting there too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Shellhead wrote:
Got a Batgirl myself. Although they did utilize a few new parts, I'm really getting a "going back to the well" one time too many vibe off of her. They just reused too many of the old parts.

The new 52 Batgirl figure is ALL new- the head, the cape, the body, the boots, gloves, everything...while the head is very similar on both, you can see that the new one is a lot fuller than the original Batgirl.

This new Batgirl figure might be my favorite one yet.

Val