Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman Unlimited
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 pm 
serves the Otter

I got all of these over two months ago from BBTS. I'm surprised so many people here are acting like these figures are new just because they are finally hitting stores, and then complaining about missing out on finding certain ones at retail. If you wanted these bad enough, you should have bought them online. That's really the only reliable option now when it comes to this toy line. It's a gamble to expect to find any DCUC (or related line) figures at retail now. I never once saw the final DCUC wave with Red Robin at retail, so I'm thankful I pre-ordered it online and got it when Mattel shipped them. I'll be surprised if I ever see the Batman Unlimited figures at retail too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am 
Variant Head

Yeah well some people like seeing paint jobs before buying. Plus my figure breaks I just bring it right back and get a refund or another one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... for me, its just that ... I don't want them "bad enough".

This new line just doesn't have the attraction or pull that DCUC did. I'm not overly fond of the Nu52 style of costumes. I'm not looking to add yet more variants of Batman and Superman to my collection.

Online places like BBTS are aware of the shortpacked figures and charge more for them accordingly. Unfortunately, the only figures I seem to want are the shortpacked figures and I'm not willing to pay the premium for them.

So I wait until they hit retail. If I find them, fantastic. I'll pick up the one figure I want and be done with it. If I don't ever run across them at retail, I just skip the figure and move on.

I haven't yet seen anything that was a "Must Have" in either DC or Batman line.

Add to that I am a very "tactile" buyer. I absolutely "need" to have the figure in my hand, walk it around the store, spin the package around, etc. before I actually get to the register to make the purchase. I need to "feel" it in my hands before deciding if it is worth buying. Same for movies, clothes, whatever. I honestly don't buy much of anything online unless I have no other options.

To each their own and all that.

When Mattel and DC go back to making characters and figures that I want with the same enthusiasm as I have for the "classics", I'll be more inclined to pre-order online so I don't "miss out". As it stands now .... meh.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

shabbyblue wrote:
I'll be surprised if I ever see the Batman Unlimited figures at retail too.

Since Target is carrying them-- I dont think it will be a problem- Since that equates to at least 2000 cases of them hitting retaill..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 am 
Loose, Missing Package

They're in the Walmart system, too, but I can't say that every store will be carrying them. I hope Toy Fair brings some surprises as the listings make it look like there's only one completely new character between both lines (to be fair, there's also a listing for a "TBD" figure in the Batman line that hope-hope-hope is someone new as well). Hopefully there will be some behind-the-mask changes to at least make some of the variants somewhat more tolerable...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I've yet to see these anywhere. I got mine from bbts. I did find the DC Unlimited at TRU and Target though. The DC Unlimited DPCI number was 087061323

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am 
ABS

I have yet to see any of these figures at retail. I preordered them on BBTS a few months ago and got them right before Christmas, so luckily I don't have to worry. I did the same for The New 52 Wonder Woman, and I truly regret not doing it for Red Robin, because I can't find him anywhere. Anyway, these figures may never hit retail, but they are worth the wait. Especially Batgirl and Penguin duhh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm 
Displays Backwards

I found these at Target the other day. Well, 2 Batmen and 1 Penguin. I guess somebody got there first and got a full set.

It's great that the figures I want (Batgirl, Hawkman) were one per case. I don't want them BECAUSE they are one per case - it just seems like it works out that way most of the time. Very rarely are the one per case figs the ones I don't want. I don't see how the Penguin is not gonna end up warming shelves.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Did the Batman figures use the same DPCI as the DC set?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
Collector Inspector

As usual, I can't find these. But I'm getting reports from local collectors that some Targets are putting them out. I hope I can brave the snowstorm today and get a Penguin! (I know that sounds weird)

Damian Wayne Robin at retail is probably my favorite Mattel news today. I wasn't expecting that! He'll be on my list of the few Mattel figures I'll be after this year. I got the Damian Wayne from the DC Direct Batman Inc. line and his arm broke off and accidently got thrown away. That figure goes for a lot now, so it's a good thing he's getting a retail version. Ok , we got Huntress, now if only they'd make a Stephanie Brown.... (Yeah, right.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:57 pm 
declined to be a vampire

funtime3 wrote:
As usual, I can't find these. But I'm getting reports from local collectors that some Targets are putting them out. I hope I can brave the snowstorm today and get a Penguin! (I know that sounds weird)

Damian Wayne Robin at retail is probably my favorite Mattel news today. I wasn't expecting that! He'll be on my list of the few Mattel figures I'll be after this year. I got the Damian Wayne from the DC Direct Batman Inc. line and his arm broke off and accidently got thrown away. That figure goes for a lot now, so it's a good thing he's getting a retail version. Ok , we got Huntress, now if only they'd make a Stephanie Brown.... (Yeah, right.)

Any pics of the new DC or Batman figures? I didn't know we were getting Damian.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm 
Collector Inspector

here

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2013/02/toy-fair-2013-mattel-dc-universe-instapics?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think he's waaay too muscular. The face is very comic-accurate, but I don't recall him being that beefed up in the comics, but I suppose this is just routine DCUC articulation. He's supposed to be what?...age 10? 11, 12? He's a cool looking figure, I look forward to adding him to my gang of Robins.

I see he has fists and not open hands. I guess he's not getting any weapons.

I had this one, but it broke and I lost his arm!...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:30 pm 
Cold-cast

Yeah those gorilla-sized arms are pretty strange. Not a good use of stock parts. I guess this is just part of Mattel's new "would you pay more to get less" strategy lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm 
Variant Head

Batman Beyond is coming with his wings man that makes me happy ! I hope its the flat black like they are showing.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'll be happy to add that wings-out batman beyond to my shelf, but did anyone else see the new 52 Wonder Woman? The pics I saw over on TNI look terrible. They messed her up bad from the beautiful prototype I saw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next