Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Do you still Collect JLU? What's your elusive White Whale???
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:28 am 
AFA Graded

Most of us who collect JLU have completed our collections, but if you are still out there looking
for those last few hard to get JLU, what would you consider is your last few white whales of the
toy line??? Image

EXAMPLES:
Volcana
Solomon Grundy
Secret Society 6-pack
Legends of the League 6-pack
Giganta
etc........

Or are you done collecting altogether? Image
"Stick a fork in me, I'm done".

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

Last edited by An-Gel Sakura on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Do you still Collect JLU? What's your elusive White Whal
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:12 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

My only white whale-- JLU on Blu Ray (not to mention the rest of the older DCAU)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:15 pm 
my tummy itches

Volcana has thus far eluded me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

Well, I would like to get the hard to find 6-packs and Volcana and Aquaman classic design someday, but I don't think I will ever want to pay what someday is gonna want for them. I guess I hoped there prices would go down over time but that doesn't seem to be the case. But I haven't really looked for them on Ebay in forever.

I would have gladly bought them at retail in a second but that wasn't an option, since they were MIA.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:53 am 
Collector Inspector

I always wanted to get Track Suit Batman, but he can be rather expensive. It's a silly paint variant, but it was featured on a card back, which made it official in my mind, even though it was never released. I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

The only other figure I don't have is Hal Jordan Green Lantern, but it goes for hundreds of dollars, and I could never justify spending that kind of money on it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 am 
Bob Vila

I pretty much have all the ones I want. The only ones I would pick up if I saw them cheap enough are the following.....

Atomic Skull
Crimson Fox
Vibe
KGBeast
The Key

And thats just because I want a second of each to customize to be more show accurate, but don't want to cut up the ones I have already. If someone could cast the Crimson Fox head the I'd use that instead of getting the figure. In fact, apart from Atomic Skull, whose chest piece and head are both needed from the figure, the rest could all be done with just castings of their heads.

Last edited by elvis8batman on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:40 am 
MINT!

I'm still trying to fill in holes in my collection. I'm in Canada, so when JLU went Target-only, I couldn't buy figures any more at retail, since at that time there were no Targets here. As I said then, I didn't quit JLU, JLU quit me!

But time passes and idle hands + eBay = JLU purchases. Realistically, I'll never own a Vibe or a B'Wana Beast or a Deadman or a Key or Atomic Skull, but I'm still on the hunt for a reasonably priced Blackhawk, Vigilante, Metallo, Deadshot, Sand, Commander Steel, Big Barda and Eclipso. After that, I'll be good!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 pm 
MINT!

Good question.

I'm still actively looking for the Secret Society 6 pack with Atomic Skull, KGBeast, Shadow Thief, & The Key. I am still missing (and eventually looking to get) Volcana, Lobo, Parademon, Superfriends 3-pack. And while they don't belong to this line, I still want to get BTAS versions of Two-Face & Clayface.

I'd be more excited about getting the Crime Syndicate set but Owlman's the lynchpin in that group and he don't exist in this line. Could also stand to get some of the extended GL Corps but I'm not dying to complete that area of my collection as much as some of the villains and weirder JLU members.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Still looking for Volcana, KG Beast, Shadow Thief, Atomic Skull. One day I'll be done.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 am 
Variant Head

Guy freaking Gardner ! I need him, the Watchtower, Holiday Hal (Dreaming) and the Solomon Grundy variant to be complete. See I bought the first 2 of the last 3 packs on Matty, Mongul was worth the $30 (Almost lol) and the Static Shock pack of course was worth it. I also got the Toyman 3 pack again worth it but the others - Blue Beetle, Vandal and Guy Gardner I did not buy from Matty cause as big of a die hard fan as I am they were not worth the money. See what makes me mad is they are willing to dump the DC figures for $6 but the JLU 3 packs never went low enough if you ask me then they dumped what little they had left at closeout. Not much of it showed up as far as I know which in my mind means JLU sold better the the DC Infinite Earths figures. I find it really odd I was able to score the Vandal and Beetle packs at a fair price ($2oish shipped each) but yet the Guy Gardner pack which I assume sold the worst is proving to be hard to get for what i deem a fair price.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am 
Knows his stuff

I'm happily done with JLU. Along the way, I sold or traded a few figures I wouldn't mind having again, notably Blackhawk and Crimson Fox, but I'm not willing to pay what they go for nowadays, and I don't miss them THAT much. I was never a completist anyway, so I'm happy to have the ones I have, and I don't dwell on the ones I never wanted that badly.

I wouldn't mind commissioning a Golden Age Sandman custom one day, which would pretty much round out having all my favorite DC characters in my JLU collection, but again, I'm in no hurry at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 am 
my tummy itches

Carded single fig from last unreleased single wave which had new art and 10" Justice Lords Batman.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:56 am 
AFA Graded

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
I wouldn't mind commissioning a Golden Age Sandman custom one day, which would pretty much round out having all my favorite DC characters in my JLU collection, but again, I'm in no hurry at all.

Great minds think alike. I'm making one right now for my collection.

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:05 pm 
Knows his stuff

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:

Great minds think alike. I'm making one right now for my collection.

You go, girl! You've always had a good eye for that kind of thing. Please share pics when you are done!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 am 
declined to be a vampire

I saw this thread a few days ago, it got me thinking to dig through some of my boxes from when I moved with JLA figures. Much to my surprise: I own the Volcana 3 pack.

So I sat down and went through all my kids JLA figures...and to the best of my knowledge, the only figure I am missing that is hard to find...is "The Key" from the 6 figure pack. He has been lost somewhere along the way.

There are other figures I don't have, but upon searching around online they wouldn't be terrible hard or expensive to find. But I couldn't believe it. I remembered finding two of those 3 packs several years ago, I thought I sold both of them.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime