Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
For the longest time I couldn't find one at retail (bought one on ebay) but now he's sitting on the shelves in every target I go to....

Same here, including buying one on eBay. Now I'm tripping over them -- they're in the regular aisles, and in that seasonal JLU display as well.

I'm hoping for a sale -- I'd like some of the accessories that come with the single figures, like the Phantom
Zone projector, but I don't want to pay full price just to get that.

And you'd think they'd want to get a Zod out onto shelves, just to take advantage of the movie publicity. I'm sure they could adapt one of those BATB armors to make an acceptable Zod (along with a new headsculpt).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:49 pm 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:
For the longest time I couldn't find one at retail (bought one on ebay) but now he's sitting on the shelves in every target I go to....

Same here, including buying one on eBay. Now I'm tripping over them -- they're in the regular aisles, and in that seasonal JLU display as well.

I'm hoping for a sale -- I'd like some of the accessories that come with the single figures, like the Phantom
Zone projector, but I don't want to pay full price just to get that.

And you'd think they'd want to get a Zod out onto shelves, just to take advantage of the movie publicity. I'm sure they could adapt one of those BATB armors to make an acceptable Zod (along with a new headsculpt).

A Zod would be cool for this line! I have all of the BATB figures and was glad to see these "justice league" figures released. They are proudly displayed with my BATB figs. I really hope this line continues and we get new figs as well as the unproduced BATB figs (Cap Marvel, Gentleman Ghost, etc). They have the molds, why not make them!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Haven't seen anything about this line. Is there any news from SDCC about this line or has it been cancelled?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:11 am 
Tis' but a pup

I fail to understand why this, the Batman "evergreen" line, this new 6" animated line, the imaginext stuff and "Beware the Batman" are not consolidated into single line. It's like they are trying to compete with them selves.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 pm 
active in the community

Sad news about this line, finally got a response from Target, they have no plans for this line. This makes me a little sad, I was hoping to finish off my Brave bold line, with at least Shazam!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 pm 
serves the Otter

And another Mattel DC line bites the dust.

Next up -- Total Zeroes. I bet that line is axed fast next year after the first 1 or 2 waves pegwarm in stores. The sad thing is, Mattel will stupidly and narrow-mindedly take it as a sign that people don't want 6" DC figures of ANY kind, further killing any hope of a DCUC resurrection. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 pm 
An Insider

shabbyblue wrote:
And another Mattel DC line bites the dust.

Next up -- Total Zeroes. I bet that line is axed fast next year after the first 1 or 2 waves pegwarm in stores. The sad thing is, Mattel will stupidly and narrow-mindedly take it as a sign that people don't want 6" DC figures of ANY kind, further killing any hope of a DCUC resurrection. :(

I think that the Total Heroes line does have potential to be an expansive line. Hopefully Mattel will release them 6 figures per wave like DCUC instead of 4 figures per wave like Young Justice and the Target Justice League figures. If we can get 4 assortments of 6 figures in 2014, that would be awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The Target JL line was obviously an exclusive one-off. The biggest clue that these was all they were releasing was that they included the Big7 in one wave. Otherwise, they would have spread them apart. Don't know why this comes as a shock to some people considering it took forever before we got Martian Manhunter in the DCUC line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:25 pm 
ABS

I didn't know there was a market or fan base for these. If this was years ago I would of bought everything with an S on it and especially a line with the Justice League, times are different and the expense of life has changed this. I wonder what type of sales these did, maybe they were the test product for the new albeit horrible 6 inch line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:13 pm 
Collector Inspector

I'm just happy to get the armored Luthor figure for my JLU Lex Corp Troopers.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25822

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

These were not test products for any future lines. They were merely and purely meant to complement Target's summer Justice League program.
They had everything from JL towels to JL plates to JL swim toys to JL candy sprinkles. Nowadays, stores have to offer something special that differentiates them from other retailers. Walmart had the big Man of Steel program.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm 
shirtless hugger

It would have been nice to have more figures but these figures just prove the point that those hex holes on the BTBatB sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 pm 
Wonderdog

FlaBat wrote:
It would have been nice to have more figures but these figures just prove the point that those hex holes on the BTBatB sucked.

No kidding! It's amazing how much more I like these figures (and how much better they look!) without those stupid holes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm 
serves the Otter

I think more advertising effort was put into that commercial than any for the entire JLU line. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Is anyone else sad or annoyed when you see these on Target's shelves? For a line that was meant to go nowhere it sure is achieving its goal. I see them and wish they would make more characters or clearance them out. I might pick up another multi pack at the right price and I sure would like new characters in the line. But there it sits taking up space on the shelves of my Targets so nothing else can go there. So frustrating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next