Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brave and the Bold new figures, when???
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DrGreenEvil wrote:
The unreleased B:BatB Shazam and Dr. Polaris would fit well here.

Since these are all New 52 designs, that Shazam would not fit the style. He'd have to have his hood on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am 
Resin

Bryan Long wrote:
@ Wildcard: I don't think Cyborg is completely new. I believe that's mostly one of the B&TB armored Batman variants. Still cool, though. And Wonder Woman is new, as far as I know. And the single-carded thing is great. I'll still probably buy one of everything, but it's nice to have choices.

Technically the Cyborg is all new since they removed all the hex holes, thus requiring a new tool. I ordered the new Flash when it surfaced on ebay and the figure is almost entirely a new sculpt. The legs, shoulders, lower arms and torso all originally had hex holes which have now been removed.The only parts Mattel was able to reuse was Flash's head and crotch piece.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 am 
An Insider

Lunch time score! I used both DCPI #s and they pulled a case of both the single and 7 packs. The case of singles only had Batman, Superman, and the Flash. I think there were 8 in a case. A case of 7 packs only had 2 in it and were priced at $49. That's why the store finder said "limited stock" because they only got 1 case. Pretty sweet figures.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Technically the Cyborg is all new since they removed all the hex holes, thus requiring a new tool.

Well, you're correct, Mike, but you know what I mean. Cyborg's a copy of one of the Bat suits. I got the Flash too, and I looked carefully to see if I could find evidence of them "filling" the hex holes in the molds and I couldn't. I think I read once that was possible. Maybe somebody here knows.

Tried two Targets at lunch with no luck, but I didn't attempt to get them to pull stock from the back. I may try again after work, but I might just wait a couple of days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am 
An Insider

After looking the set over really good, I'm very pleased. The only weak point is the Superman figure. His face looks more out of place than it did in the Brave and the Bold line. Standing next to all the other figures who have pretty detailed face sculpts he looks very simplified and has a big head in comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 am 
An Insider

Bryan Long wrote:
Tried two Targets at lunch with no luck, but I didn't attempt to get them to pull stock from the back. I may try again after work, but I might just wait a couple of days.

When I had them look it up they said the figures were slated to be set out on March 10th, but they weren't street dated so they could still sell them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm 
Collector Inspector

On the buck/sculpt issue, I think we are looking at it the wrong way.
I'm willing to bet what we are looking at is the original B:BatB buck BEFORE the hex holes were put in.
Now way the hex holes were sculpted in from the get go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
When I had them look it up they said the figures were slated to be set out on March 10th, but they weren't street dated so they could still sell them.

Thanks. I'll just wait, then. I've never had any luck getting people to pull stock from the back around here. They just refuse. Plus, that $49.99 set won't fly off the shelves at that price point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 pm 
Variant Head

I like the Aquaman it looks nothing like the pic on Target.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 pm 
Former King of Posts

I bailed. I did not go to Target today to get these. The fear that I would buy 1/2 of them as singles and then find out that character X only came in the multi-pack held me back. Now that I know you can get the whole group at once, at the store, I think I'll go that route.

As for Luthor, I've been trying to tell folks for years. Characters like Luthor and the Joker are not "Friends", super or otherwise. They are not part of the Justice League either. I'll pass on him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:51 pm 
Collector Inspector

superfriend wrote:
As for Luthor, I've been trying to tell folks for years. Characters like Luthor and the Joker are not "Friends", super or otherwise. They are not part of the Justice League either. I'll pass on him.

But what is the use of having a Justice League in the first place if there is no one to teamup against and fight? :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:57 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
The fear that I would buy 1/2 of them as singles and then find out that character X only came in the multi-pack held me back.

Yes, I have the same concern. I don't want to buy half and then find out Wonder Woman and Cyborg are only part of the full set. And I could EASILY see Mattel doing that. I've already got a Flash.

That said, I may want to customize some into non-52 costumes. Flash for sure -- that's going to be easy, just sand off the extra lightning and polish him smooth. I'd really like to do a "proper" Wonder Woman, but that's going to depend heavily on whether or not she comes single-carded.

The question is, do I want to try to redo B:B&TB without hex holes? Lot of work involved there. I have to think about that one.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD- Thought this deserved it's own thread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

texgnome1 wrote:
And I actually found the Wonder Woman listing on Target.com...

http://www.target.com/p/batman-legacy-j ... erm=batman

um... tex... I just followed that link and unless something has changed since you posted this, that link leads to the DC Unlimited n52 Wonder Woman...

Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah, I just noticed that. I just found the link and the description. Sorry about that.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next