Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Nitewing73 wrote:
Dusty wrote:
Maybe this question was asked or discussed before...
But if no one minds I'll ask it anyway...
Why didn't Mattel just use the existing JLU/TNBA molds for the target JL line? I mean they probably would have been cheaper right, because the BATB molds they used had huge gaping holes in them so re-tooling those must have been more expensive than just doing re-paints of JLU figures right? Or is it that the style of JLU was just dead to all moms and kids so target requested they not be JLU or something? Or... Something? Lol, I just don't understand Mattel's reasoning on this, really.
Also I am not trying to cause any arguments or problems, I am just curious is all. (Yes, I would have loved JLU to continue even if it had nothing to do with the show, I just like the DCAU designs.) ;) lol

D.
I don't know the reasoning behind it Dusty. I think these figures feel more sturdy than the JLU figures. I have all of the JLU figs and these just feel more solid. They probably didn't want to re-hash the JLU figs too and maybe they had some BATB figs in the pipeline so this was a way to get them out there.

No arguments of Plastic quality about JLU vs BATB, lol. Perhaps that was a reason for the choice. While I am not at all a fan of the Nu52 stories and most characters... I do like some of the costumes for the characters. I think having a Nu52 style Flash or GL in JLU style would be cool (they also could have done a proper Hal Jordan head, lol.) *Ahem, sorry I went into wishlist mode for a moment.... carry on. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:21 pm 
Mint on Card

I think a lot of us would want a proper Hal Jordan GL figure from the JLU line.
I have a great custom head but I'd take a new52 version.

No worries I think we all have figs on our wish lists we hope were made.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm 
Brand Manager

Dusty wrote:
Maybe this question was asked or discussed before...
But if no one minds I'll ask it anyway...
Why didn't Mattel just use the existing JLU/TNBA molds for the target JL line? I mean they probably would have been cheaper right, because the BATB molds they used had huge gaping holes in them so re-tooling those must have been more expensive than just doing re-paints of JLU figures right? Or is it that the style of JLU was just dead to all moms and kids so target requested they not be JLU or something? Or... Something? Lol, I just don't understand Mattel's reasoning on this, really.
Also I am not trying to cause any arguments or problems, I am just curious is all. (Yes, I would have loved JLU to continue even if it had nothing to do with the show, I just like the DCAU designs.) ;) lol
D.

Short & simple answer... this line was developed by Target and Mattel's Retail Team. And since Mattel considered JLU an "Adult Collector Line", it was easier and better for the Retail Team and their Managers to work with the tools they already had in their tool box (i.e. Brave & the Bold). I know it's hard to stomach, but there's a lot of competition going on in work places all across America. So basically... if I'm in charge of Brave and the Bold line, and I put in the work to morph the line, and keep my guys working, and shop it around and sell it. Well... It would be pretty dumb of me to approach Toy Guru (or the Adult Collector group) and risk loosing or getting squeezed out of my own project. And yes, you're right. In the end, it would've been cheaper for Mattel to go with JLU molds. After all, we are talking less costs, more tools, bigger audience, etc. But hey... these struggles go on in all kinds of organizations across the US. So you take your shots when you get 'em and apparently the Mattycollector group had theirs and were happy to pass.

Either that, or the JLU license has reverted back to the promoters and/or DC Comics. Let's face it, Mattel has DC rights, but not all of DC's rights. Sometimes, things like cartoon licenses, end up being part of different deals. Which is why Teen Titans figures are made by Jazwares and not Mattel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:33 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Is there a good site online to buy these. I purchased all 5 single carded in September last year when I was in the states but I lost the box they were in last week when I moved house.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:17 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

Anybody want the brave and bold Riddler that fits in with these?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 pm 
active in the community

I finally got my hawkman, love the figure but not a big fan of the sword. Its too small for his hand, and I would have preferred a mace. But I'm happy for a new "Bold Brave" figure. Now come on Shazam, Dr polaris and Gentleman Ghost, Plus Catwoman, Robin/Nightwing and Deathstroke.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

ausbot wrote:
I finally got my hawkman, love the figure but not a big fan of the sword. Its too small for his hand, and I would have preferred a mace. But I'm happy for a new "Bold Brave" figure. Now come on Shazam, Dr polaris and Gentleman Ghost, Plus Catwoman, Robin/Nightwing and Deathstroke.

Did you happen to take any photos of the back packaging?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:10 pm 
active in the community

Sorry no photo of the back, but there is nothing new just a picture of hawkman, then little pictures of Lex Luthor, Aquaman and I think Green lantern.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

ausbot wrote:
Sorry no photo of the back, but there is nothing new just a picture of hawkman, then little pictures of Lex Luthor, Aquaman and I think Green lantern.

Did you find Hawkman on ebay? I'm totaly kicking myself I moved house two weeks ago and I lost the box with the target JL figures in it that I bought while I was in the states last year. (It also had my JLU figures in it as well). So I need to start again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:34 pm 
active in the community

Got on Ebay, but its the only one I have seen so far. Good luck with getting them back, I'm still looking forward to seeing who is in the Darkseid set.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:44 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Could you post the auction link. I am very curious to see how it looks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:59 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Here is the link for the auction for anyone who has not seen the hawkman. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dc-Universe-Jus ... 7#ht_0wt_0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm 
active in the community

And it's all mine bwhahaha, but seriously it is a fantastic figure, I just want more, (stamps feet)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 pm 
Former King of Posts

ausbot wrote:

I marvel at the fact that some folks are still going on about Dr Polaris and Gentleman Ghost for the Brave and Bold line. I am sure that if the figures had never been shown, most would never even think of those characters in conjunction with the line. Shazam I get. But i'd much rather have Booster Gold and Green Lantern Guy Gardner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:10 pm 
active in the community

I want Dr polaris and Gentleman ghost because I like the bad guys and when they were shown at the toy fair years ago I liked how they looked and with out them my set does not feel complete.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 553 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next