Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I already know that I'm crazy...
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:31 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

...but I think I might be further along now... Do any of you remember seeing a prototype of the Beware the Batman Anarky figure that was supposed to be released in the Batman Unlimited line? I could've sworn that the figure was shown along with Damien Wayne and the winged Batman Beyond at either Toy Fair or one of the cons before they were all pulled from the production cycle. I've been able to find pics of a display with Damien and BB mixed in with the released figures but I can't find a photo of Anarky. I honestly thought that the figure was the first look we had gotten at the character design but now I wonder after searching for a photo of the thing...

If by any chance you've got a photo or know a link to one, please post it here!

Post subject: Re: I already know that I'm crazy...
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:28 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, I just did another search and this time I found the Batman Unlimited thread that was started here way back when...

Seems I was mistaken and my confusion comes from the Anarky design being linked during that discussion. Maybe the figure was still shown at some point but not at a show. All I could find over at MattyCollector was a mention of the figure in the Toy Fair showing -http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2013/02/07/2013-new-york-toy-fair-reveals/

Anyone?... Was that figure ever shown?...

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:50 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I don't think you are crazy (on this topic atleast. :P ) because I do remember seeing the figure also...but I don't remember if it was a magazine or on the web.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:49 am 
Fugitive Dust

Hard to say. This was around the time Mattel really started working my last nerve, so I wasn't really paying that close attention.

I DO remember the B-the-B reveal as I remember thinking how bad the articulation seemed. I don't recall an Anarchy figure, but that doesn't mean they didn't show one and I just missed it.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm 
Variant Head

Pretty sure the showed Beware Batman and just a picture computer model of the Anarky figure. But as Thresher said this was at the point where all I heard when Mattel showed new products was a fart noise lol

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:40 am 
Brand Manager

Jim,

This is all I remember seeing. Take care, buddy!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Thanks guys. I just could've sworn there was a pic out there of the prototype in a display full of figures... Wasn't that I wasn't trying to pay attention but things were pretty hectic at that time. My folks were about to move back into their re-built house and I was already running in circles helping them with that and working full-time and Mattel and retail were, apparently, going around and around with the assortments and mixes at the same time. I really remember that it seemed like at least once a week there was some change as to how the figures were going to ship and the case mixes...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 am 
Fugitive Dust

Jim_Abell wrote:
Thanks guys. I just could've sworn there was a pic out there of the prototype in a display full of figures... Wasn't that I wasn't trying to pay attention but things were pretty hectic at that time. My folks were about to move back into their re-built house and I was already running in circles helping them with that and working full-time and Mattel and retail were, apparently, going around and around with the assortments and mixes at the same time. I really remember that it seemed like at least once a week there was some change as to how the figures were going to ship and the case mixes...

...and some lines were ending, others were starting, one wouldn't have individual series yadda, yadda, yadda. We were all there with you brother. If the late 90's-2000s are considered the golden age of the modern action figure industry, then the late 2000s-early 2010s would have to be the dark ages. Confusion, collector turning against collector, it was nuts. I literally stopped collecting for a while because it all got me so soured on the hobby.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:26 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah. I'm just glad that the tail-end stuff didn't get dumped overseas as Mattel is known for doing, though the last two Arkham based figures were still nearly impossible to find... One day... One day...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:16 pm 

Jim_Abell wrote:
Yeah. I'm just glad that the tail-end stuff didn't get dumped overseas as Mattel is known for doing, though the last two Arkham based figures were still nearly impossible to find... One day... One day...

Which two Arkham base figures? Last two I remember where Nightwing and Harley and there were plenty around here at KMart and TRU.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:03 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

PJ wrote:
Which two Arkham base figures? Last two I remember where Nightwing and Harley and there were plenty around here at KMart and TRU.

Those two were the end of the Batman Legacy line and ended up getting those through Walmart.com for something like $6.50 each and each one included a $5 gift card. The end of the Batman Unlimited line was Batman and Deathstroke and they started out around $40 each because they were impossible to find. Now they seem to be start at $60 each and just go up...

Here's a set on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-DC-Comics-Batman-Unlimited-Deathstroke-Arkham-Origins-6-Action-Figures-/121427741588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c45a84b94

They aren't that hard to find on eBay, now, but I just bought a bunch of the high-dollar DCUC style stuff to finish filling holes and I'm just not ready to pay that much for video game style figures...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:22 pm 

Oh OK I forgot they came after. I preordered mine from bbts.