Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Review: BATMAN Blast Lane Batmobile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

Review: BATMAN Blast Lane Batmobile, Mattel 2012, Y1258

It’s a new design seemingly inspired by an Indy Car. It’s a single seat cockpit with a forward opening canopy. Its charcoal gray pearlescent with black bat face and red trim and wheels.

It does not have a turbine or jet engine exhaust nozzle at the rear, just a large red Bat logo. The rear is the only part lacking in any kind of design, almost as if the designers did not know what to put back there.

It should hold just about any 6” figure with a cloth cape without any problems. Unlike the previous Total Destruction Batmobile there is no steering wheel or anything else for Batman to hold onto or secure him in the car. The only interior detail work is the seat, no instruments or screens of any kind even if they are nit painted or decaled.

It’s 12 ½” Long, 6 ¼” Wide and 5” Tall to the top of its single center tail fin and unlike most past Batmobiles of this size it comes with no accessories, no firing projectiles, no lights or other action features.

I noticed they don’t say “Power Attack” on the packages any more, just Batman although it is a continuation of the Power Attack Batman series that debuted in 2012. Below, is the Power Attack Total Destruction Batmobile and Blast Lane Batmobile.

It’s not the best Batmobile ever, nor even the best that Mattel has produced. It is however a good solid toy, which is what it’s designed for in the first place and at just under $20 a pretty good deal.

Post subject: Re: Review: BATMAN Blast Lane Batmobile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:12 am 
Fugitive Dust

Do the tires touch the ground? The blue one, its tires don't normally touch, so they don't roll along a floor easily.

Post subject: Re: Review: BATMAN Blast Lane Batmobile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

starks wrote:
Do the tires touch the ground? The blue one, its tires don't normally touch, so they don't roll along a floor easily.

Ground clearance is noticeably tight on both of them, but both of mine roll free enough with no issues. However, my flooring is Laminate, I can see where carpet might have some issues.