Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Let's Get Dangerous and Speculate ImagiNext
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:14 pm 
PVC

http://thecomixverse.com/?p=58851

Sometimes dreaming is fun but leads to naught. Speculation sounds like dreaming but with some connection to things that exist. It can still lead to naught.

I think given the Cars and Toy Story ImagiNext line, it would be possible for Darkwing Duck could be a great Disney based ImagiNext property.

Thinking, dreaming, and speculating shouldn't happen alone. So, what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Let's Get Dangerous and Speculate ImagiNext
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 am 
shirtless hugger

I would absolutely LOVE it. I've finally completed my Darkwing action figure collection, and I'd definitely like more. I'm not sure there's enough recognition of the characters now, though. Duck Tales might be more identifiable. I think Imaginext will focus on VERY visible properties, and kids that age group aren't familiar with Darkwing. Which is a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 am 
Collector Inspector

I'd be 100% on board with this! Bring on the terror that flaps in the night!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm 
PVC

Bryan Long wrote:
I would absolutely LOVE it. I've finally completed my Darkwing action figure collection, and I'd definitely like more. I'm not sure there's enough recognition of the characters now, though. Duck Tales might be more identifiable. I think Imaginext will focus on VERY visible properties, and kids that age group aren't familiar with Darkwing. Which is a shame.

Does the show still air on Disney channel after school? Disney is a promotion machine. If they wanted it known they could pull that off.

I'm being flippant, but you make good points Bryan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:47 pm 
Knows his stuff

I would kill for a Darkwing Duck toyline!! Imaginext would be fine, but I'd like a real action figure line. I know they did one years ago, but those things are long gone and expensive on ebay.
Also.... Disney needs to get off their arses and finish releasing Darkwing Duck on dvd. We are missing the last season!! :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:48 am 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
Also.... Disney needs to get off their arses and finish releasing Darkwing Duck on dvd. We are missing the last season!!

This is absolutely correct. Stupid Disney.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Wonderdog

rickwj324 wrote:
Also.... Disney needs to get off their arses and finish releasing Darkwing Duck on dvd. We are missing the last season!! :evil:

That and Gummi Bears!!! I only have seasons 1-3...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 am 
Knows his stuff

Webslinger wrote:
rickwj324 wrote:

That and Gummi Bears!!! I only have seasons 1-3...

I don't believe Disney completed any of these shows on dvd: Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, DuckTales, and TaleSpin.

A real shame....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 pm 
PVC

Sales hurt Gargoyles. I wasn't following the releases of the others at the time to see what their numbers revealed. Since I recently picked up Darkwing for 9 bucks at Walmart I'm betting it wasn't sellling like hotcakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Big IV wrote:
Sales hurt Gargoyles. I wasn't following the releases of the others at the time to see what their numbers revealed. Since I recently picked up Darkwing for 9 bucks at Walmart I'm betting it wasn't sellling like hotcakes.

The bigger problem was there was such a huge jump in price-- (i understand there were more episodes- but this was near the beginning of complete season/series releases)--

I think Complete Season 1 of Gargoyles was 19.99-- I think Season 2, PT.1 (mind you)-- jumped up to 50.00 (maybe even 60 if I recall)-- I almost balked at the price at the time- and hoped that disney getting aggressive wasnt dooming me getting the next part -- which it did)-- I think all the other disney afternoon releases were only around 30.00 initially)

Gargoyles got cut-- but they made sure they got through the complete run of Boy Meets World :roll: (and that was before the announced the Next Generation version)

Pretty sure those walmart recent restocks- are newly run stock-- as they are at all the stores-- its no different than most other shows that are rereleased at bargain prices 5 to 7 years later -- like CSI or Seinfeld or Friends

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 am 
5th Horseman

stewbacca wrote:
Big IV wrote:
Gargoyles got cut-- but they made sure they got through the complete run of Boy Meets World :roll: (and that was before the announced the Next Generation version)

Boy Meets World DVDs were cancelled by Disney after season 3. They sold the rights to Lionsgate which produced the seasons 4-7 DVDs. How another company is seemingly able to make money on DVD releases that the property-owning company can't, I can't explain. That's Hollywood math for you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:59 am 
Mint on Card

My kids have been asking about Darkwing Duck. I'll have to check Walmart to see if they still have any of the DVD's for 9.00.

I've picked up some of the comics for them and they like them.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

I'd love to get on this bandwagon, I'm just not an Imaginext fan. My preference would be the company that makes those Disney/Star Wars mash ups. But I'd take what I can get...