Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: STAS Aquaman for cheap
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Just bought one and here's to hoping that the QC is okay. Now to track down his trident :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

First of all, "Knee Deep in Disco Brainiacs" is an awesome title for a song.

Next, the question must be asked:
WHY are these Aquaman figs showing up? Is it possible that the factory is now producing them again and that's how this guy is getting his mitts on them? If so, in what line will these new Aquamans appear?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

the only reason this many Aquamans are showing up in China has to be one of the following:

* These are left overs from the last run of three packs that Mattel switched out to include Toyman, Dr. Destiny, and Firefly.

* This has something to do with the new Timverse show (since they are calling the Flashback)

* somebody in China is making them and cashing in on lack of security

* Mattel is getting ready to release the JLU in the DCnU wave like they did with Brave & Bold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 am 
3 3/4"

Thank you OP, this is awesome...This is the figure that was killing me not to have. I still don't have Grundy, Volcana, B'wana Beast, or Crimson Fox and while I will keep looking, this Aquaman was the figuire I was mosy upset about not getting.

2 on the way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Wow - what a super weird thing to just turn up, all of a sudden. And the seller has so many! I think the Quality Control on these might be all over the place - there's no way they're all in perfect, or near-perfect condition if he has over a hundred to sell...

Quote:
the only reason this many Aquamans are showing up in China has to be one of the following:

* These are left overs from the last run of three packs that Mattel switched out to include Toyman, Dr. Destiny, and Firefly.

That's right! I'd forgotten Aquaman was supposed to be in that final three pack, originally.

Quote:
* This has something to do with the new Timverse show (since they are calling the Flashback)

Hmmm - it's labeled as "JUL Flashpoint Aquaman", so I somehow doubt this is anything more than a case of misspelling and misslabeling :)

Quote:
* somebody in China is making them and cashing in on lack of security

...um, what? Like someone's sneaking into the factory, making toys that haven't been made in probably a year and no one is noticing? That's not possible. Who hand-painted them? Oh wait, it's JLU Elves :lol:

Quote:
* Mattel is getting ready to release the JLU in the DCnU wave like they did with Brave & Bold

JLU's demise was a long time coming and the line geared down heavily in the final days. Brave and Bold figures are still shipping out, I assume, because they had less time to anticipate the end of the series, and had more leftovers.

All this begs one question - how many JLU leftovers are out there, still kicking around, either at Mattel HQ or in factories? I thought by now we'd have seen some kind of Last Call Matty sale online with heavily reduced three packs, based on their other sales...

It would be awesome to see more - or rereleased - JLU figures but I don't see it happening. And this new Timm Universe series rumour...it has me scratching my head. Doubtful.

But thanks for for sharing this - so rare we see interesting JLU news like this!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 pm 
Collector Inspector

DisneyBoy wrote:
...um, what? Like someone's sneaking into the factory, making toys that haven't been made in probably a year and no one is noticing? That's not possible. Who hand-painted them? Oh wait, it's JLU Elves :lol:

I woiuld LOVE to do that! And make a few new molds for unreleased figures. Oh, to take over the factory and fill our wishlists...

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 pm 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
And this new Timm Universe series rumour...it has me scratching my head. Doubtful.

From what I have read it is not a series at all. It's an animated movie of Flash Point the story that change the DC universe into the New 52.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Quote:
And this new Timm Universe series rumour...it has me scratching my head. Doubtful.

From what I have read it is not a series at all. It's an animated movie of Flash Point the story that change the DC universe into the New 52.

That was announced a long time before this Timm decision was announced though.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm 
Variant Head

I think after the Flashpoint movie WB will announce a new 52 animated series with Timm behind the wheel. I bet Flashpoint pretty much says bye bye to JLU BTAS and all that and ushers in the "glorious?" new 52 era of animation.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm 
Knows his stuff

I just received a couple of these Aquamans from the seller and they arrived in great condition!! I don't see a flaw on them.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:39 pm 
Variant Head

I got my two in the mail and am impressed ! May have to check my personal one to see if these are are better lol. I got an extra to trade but man seems like no one collects JLU anymore I just need some random Matty figures . I did managed to get a Blue Beetle from the same seller, weird they have the newer Matty figures and some older ones but I never see Killer Frost !!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:12 pm 
MINT!

Hi everybody, I don´t write often, but I visit and read this forum daily, so thanks for the Aquaman hint. I´m waiting for my Aquaman to arrives, also I ordered an Artemisa from the same seller. Now, the only hard to find figures I need are Atomic Skull, KGBeast and Volcana and a lot of easy ones, so I´m still on the hunt!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm 
Brand Manager

I'll be waiting like forever. Toys from China usually takes up to 2 months to arrive here :?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 pm 
MINT!

Magog wrote:
I'll be waiting like forever. Toys from China usually takes up to 2 months to arrive here :?

the ones i ordered arrive faster than anything ever from china...china to indiana in 7 days.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 am 
shirtless hugger

Mine arrived yesterday, May 11. I placed my order on April 29. So 12 days from order to delivery. Not bad at all.

My figure is pretty much flawless. I've got to look at the one I found originally and see if this one is better, but I'm really happy with how things are going so far.