Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Well, it finally happened . . . I got a bum Matty Figure
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:22 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

My DCUC Elongated Man's leg tore at the hip joint. :evil:

Could those of you who've had to deal with replacement issues at Matty give me some direction as to who to talk to? It is that 800 number on the site? Do they require the packaging? 'Cause I kinda tossed that. :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :shock:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject: Re: Well, it finally happened . . . I got a bum Matty Figure
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:19 pm 
5" Scale

I called the 800 myself, but DR makes it more difficult than it needs to be. They'll ask you to return the figure first and then they'll send out a replacement. I say that's BS. So make sure you have them send out your replacement first :wink: In the meantime they should send you a shipping label via e-mail. Not sure what to tell you about the packaging? I haven't had a chance to open up any of my figures thanks to a never ending flooring project.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:38 pm 

Thanks!

I've heard about some of the Matty return nightmares, so I'm pretty leery of the whole process.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 am 
Collector Inspector

I've sent back a MOTU figure and a JLU four-pack, and I had no problem. DR sent me a shipping label, and after my return was received, DR shipped the replacement figure. It took a couple of weeks for the whole process, but it was easy.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 pm 
5" Scale

Just have them send the figure first Shell's and return the defective one once you receive it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:59 pm 
Collector Inspector

Sorry for the lewd photo, but I got Poison Ivy , second-hand, from one-o-y'all here and I right away noticed her leg is wobbly --like it's going to fall off any minute. I don't know the mechanics of this hip joint , but you can see, here, my problem.

Anyway, yeah, I know, I'm not a subscriber and I probably won't be able to get any recourse from Mattel. Naw, she was never played-with, man-handled, stepped-on, etc. Straight out of the package.

Anyway. I sheepishly admit that I will make a half-hearted attempt at Huntress, but that's it. I'm passing on all the rest of the 2nd year offerings. At retail? okay, fine, I'll get Damian Wayne If I see him...but whatever, He's apparently
Spoiler: show
dead
now and I don't really care anymore. I'm just losing interest in Mattel, The New 52, expensive 6-inch figures that don't rise to the occasion, etc.

No I'm not a Mattel-hater. I know there's QC problems with any product. But I've had a bunch lately with Superman, Red Robin and Supes prime. I don't think they really care though as long as they're making money somewhere with their other product lines.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I got three jacked up Matty DC figures in a row. When the fourth screwed up figure showed up, I asked, begged, and finally demanded to have the replacement sent out first. My request went all the way to that Brady O. guy who finally refused, so good luck trying to get that to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 am 
shirtless hugger

funtime3 wrote:
Sorry for the lewd photo, but I got Poison Ivy , second-hand, from one-o-y'all here and I right away noticed her leg is wobbly --like it's going to fall off any minute. I don't know the mechanics of this hip joint , but you can see, here, my problem.

Anyway, yeah, I know, I'm not a subscriber and I probably won't be able to get any recourse from Mattel. Naw, she was never played-with, man-handled, stepped-on, etc. Straight out of the package.

I'm sorry that the Ivy you got from me has a loose leg! I probably could have tried to get a replacement for you if I'd known before. That sucks.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:05 am 
Collector Inspector

Joe G. wrote:

I'm sorry that the Ivy you got from me has a loose leg! I probably could have tried to get a replacement for you if I'd known before. That sucks.

No worries! I seriously didn't remember who I got her from since I've gotten DCIE figures from about four board members on here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:39 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Yeah I bought one Ivy from China... perfect... and then two more from Matty... and both loose legs...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 am 

Well, I finally got around to calling them.

Aside from the difficult to understand English (how's the weather down in India today? :lol: ), I think it went well.

They are supposedly going to send me a replacement ("if there is still some in stock") or a refund. They didn't ask to have it shipped back, which kinda surprised me.

So now we wait. I'm supposed to get an email update eventually.

Everybody cross their fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 am 
declined to be a vampire

Shellhead wrote:

Aside from the difficult to understand English (how's the weather down in India today? :lol: ), I think it went well.

They are supposedly going to send me a replacement ("if there is still some in stock") or a refund. They didn't ask to have it shipped back, which kinda surprised me.

I know over the DCUC years, I had to call Mattel a few times on bad figures. I think they sent me a voucher 3 times without asking for a figure back, another they asked for the figure. I told them I wasn't paying shipping to send it back unless they included that in the voucher. They did.

Although I didn't have any issues with the sub last year, so I'm sure that's somewhat different.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 am 
ABS

My ivy has a loose leg but it isn't going to fall off, just wobbly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I've only had one issue with a Matty purchase - my Zodak came with a misaligned paint job (the white outlines on the armor was a good 1/2" off to the side). I shipped it back to DR and they refunded me (because they no longer had Zodaks to switch out), but it took over a month for it to process. Kind of ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Shellhead wrote:

If you're not getting a refund and they do have replacement stock remaining, that e-mail update, which btw could take weeks to get to ya, will contain a UPS shipping return label...in order for you to send the faulty product back so they can ship you a new one.
If they send you an e-mail saying they've got a replacement for you and that it'll ship soon, and they don't ask for the bum figure and/or send the return label, I'll s**t a duck.