Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy JLU deals at BBTS.....
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:12 am 
Brand Manager

PBateman wrote:
Why in the world is the Blue Beetle 3 pack $48.99 ????

I think that's BBTS playing the "Ebay/Market/Scalper Game." They also had an Arkham Asylum Bane that they sold for $280. But no way that was it's SRP ('cause I got mine for $18.)

PBateman wrote:
Also, I have to say I am insulted by Mattel dumping some of this JLU for so cheap after pandering to us to try and get us to pay $50 each.

I'm not insulted, but it is annoying. I mean... they make fans jump through hoops and literally sweat giving them a measly 10% Discount (which barely covers shipping) only to sell the excess stock for fractions of pennies on the dollar.

And yeah, I know it's their prerogative. And I know a lot of businesses do the same thing (i.e. sell their excess merchandise to discount outlets.) But those businesses also run promotions and sales to try and keep their customer base happy and loyal. Mattel on the other hand, seems to go to great lengths to avoid throwing sales. And when they do, more often than not, it has some sort of caveat. (Like time limits, shifting/rotating inventories and minimum order numbers.) If anything, they have managed to turn me into a loyal Ross, Tuesday Morning and Ollie's Customer!

PBateman wrote:
They claimed a more limited run I am honestly so sick of Mattels games I am selling a majority of my stuff.

Selling your stuff won't spite Mattel. It will make you money, but it won't spite them. And truth be told, their greed is definitely hurting them more. They might not know it yet, but if you think about it, it's very obvious. Just look at how many of us flocked to Ebay when we heard we could get a cheap JLU Aquaman or YJ Artemis. Think we'll think twice about doing it again? I probably won't. And the fewier extras and accessories they put in their subscription figures, the easier they'll continue to make it for the rest of their customer base to deffect. Or at the very least, sample.

But hey... if you just can't stand to look at the damn things... and I don't blame you... then FYI, I still need Secret Society II 6-pack and a Volcana for my JLU Collection. Just sayin'... :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 am 
Brand Manager

@ Momoney I have never paid $60 for a shirt lol.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 am 
Displays Backwards

PBateman wrote:
My girlfriend has quite Monster High and Disney Cars because of their beyond shadiness with Cars.

I have to say, I quit collecting the Cars line when Cars 2 arrived. I was so sick of cars I would never find, and the re-packing, and the multi-packs, arrgh. And I'm really happy I did - I just look at them on the shelves sometimes and I am thankful I gave up on that crap. A lot of things Mattel does are just stupid. They are a business and want to make money, but there has to be a better way than some of the stuff they are doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:39 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

It makes me a little sad that in spite of the massive popularity of the Bruce Timm shows, Mattel and the fans were never able, it seems, to negotiate a reasonable, happy arrangement wherein we give them some of our money, they give us nicely-produced figures, and everyone walks away happy.

I get the sense that there's still a LOT of resentment on both sides of the JLU equation.

I'm dealing with mine using primal scream therapy.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 pm 
categorically opposed

PBateman wrote:
@ Momoney I have never paid $60 for a shirt lol.

I'm glad that's all you took from my post.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The only sense I see is a sense of entitlement from about 4-5 people. Most seem overjoyed that yeah even though it was tough to get figures at times this was an AWESOME line. You do not see lines that last so long and have so many characters. It just does not happen, and still you guys will not stop whining.

wow....

I only got over 200 unique figures in my line, Mattel sucks. Boo Hoo....

Seriously bunch of babies. I'll say it. There is no amount of aszkissery that a company could possible do to appease some people. Pathetic, seriously pathetic. I'm glad it's over so I don't have to read this BS every day of how Mattel screwed you with arguably the most amazing line ever.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:40 pm 
Damage Control

My original post was not to regurgitate old feelings of vitrol towards Mattel. It was simply a post to alert people that my have passed on the last few JLU sets (like myself) that there were some great deals out there right now. Let's either discuss the deals themselves, or let the post fade away because those reading this got my "trying to be helpful" message and either bought the figures or didn't. Let's not turn this into another bitching thread. The horse has been beaten and is long since dead.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:49 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Hey, that rhymes!

It's my fault - my comment threw us off-course. My bad! Let's get back to the website/sale discussion...

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:38 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Unignores Ian for one post. Instantly regrets it.
ian5555 wrote:
Seriously bunch of babies. I'll say it. There is no amount of aszkissery that a company could possible do to appease some people. Pathetic, seriously pathetic. .

I wonder if you understand the difference between venting frustration at a big company that is never going to read the mild rebuking PBateman gave and using personally demeaning insults to disparage people on this board actually reading the thread. There are people on the other end of the computer monitor and PBateman has done NOTHING in his history on this board that deserves that level of venom. He made a stupid post. It happens. I've made MORE than my fair share as well. Does he really deserve to be humiliated like that?

PBateman, if you're reading this, the answer is you don't. I disagree with the entire premise of your first post but you have been an upstanding member of this board (who has personally helped me out more than once). That's more than I can say for you, Ian. You are a troll and scalper who makes fun of the very people you overcharge for their toys. I have never done business with you and I never would because the second you took my money you'd probably be off bragging about what a sucker I am for personally financing your toy collection.

I've had enough. I'm sure this post will tick you off. You might even vaguely threaten me over it by saying that I'm only brave enough to say this over the internet and that if we met in person I wouldn't dare. But that doesn't change the fact that you are a total bully and mean for the sake of being mean. I feel sorry for you.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 am 
Brand Manager

Ian did I insult you ? My problem was Mattel pandering to us "Oh will you pay $50 for new 3 packs with the most demanded characters ?" "guess what guys your lucky they are only $30!"

I got no problem with liqudating stock my problem is this so called collector site why not post the JLU 3 packs on Mattelshop? Do they really need to sell them to BBTS for $7 each!!! Mattel is getting veryyyyyyy pennywise and pounfoolish. they lost me over the last couple months its just game after game after game. AND MY BLUE BEETLE HAS TWO FEET DIFFERENT LENGTHS!!! THATS INSANE !

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 am 

PBateman wrote:
AND MY BLUE BEETLE HAS TWO FEET DIFFERENT LENGTHS!!! THATS INSANE !

Didn't you say in your first post that you got your Blue Beetle from a Chinese seller? As far as you know he was selling Mattel rejects. I got my BB from Matty and his feet are fine. That may be your answer. You can hardly blame Mattel for buying something that might not have made it out of their factory until it was stolen.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:27 am 
Resin

Diamond is distributing these. So if you have a good relationship with your local comicbook shop you probably can do even better than the prices on BBTS. Most of the 3 packs are $4 for the store price. I think the Toyman pack is $10 or $11 and the 7 pack is $10 at store cost. So if your shop owner is cool with you he can order them and probably save you couple more bucks. Unless of course he/she is looking to make more profit on something they consider a "special order".

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

PBateman wrote:
Ian did I insult you ? My problem was Mattel pandering to us "Oh will you pay $50 for new 3 packs with the most demanded characters ?" "guess what guys your lucky they are only $30!"

I got no problem with liqudating stock my problem is this so called collector site why not post the JLU 3 packs on Mattelshop? Do they really need to sell them to BBTS for $7 each!!! Mattel is getting veryyyyyyy pennywise and pounfoolish. they lost me over the last couple months its just game after game after game. AND MY BLUE BEETLE HAS TWO FEET DIFFERENT LENGTHS!!! THATS INSANE !

No, you did not and I wasn't directing my post at you but in others who have this negativity towards the line and somehow still feel like Mattel cheated them with JLU.

There are NO other lines that I can think of that come close to the longevity and characters that JLU did and that is just as much a kudos to Mattel as to the fans and kids who bought into the line. How anyone (not you) could feel like Mattel screwed them over and this line is a massive fail is beyond me. I don't see another line ever matching the number of characters or figures. Maybe Marvel Universe one day could come close.

I would be annoyed about BB legs as well. I get venting on an items such as that but to constantly post how Mattel sucks and they are idiots and how JLU was a failure that some here do is just plain wrong, sour grapes and immature. I find it funny that some people claim I insult boardies here as they are people behind computers yet those same people have no problem calling Mattel in other words PEOPLE derogatory names. They call them stupid, idiots and any other insult they can think of for no other reason than they are petty and upset they didn't get a toy. Or worse to try and show everyone how smart they are compared to people who run a company that makes Billions a year apparently employing nothing but morons :lol: :lol:

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:33 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Quote:
There are NO other lines that I can think of that come close to the longevity and characters that JLU did and that is just as much a kudos to Mattel as to the fans and kids who bought into the line.

G.I. Joe and Star Wars come to mind. Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm 

Ian if you were NOT talking about PBateman I am going to do something to you I have never done before. I am going to apologize. Full stop. I was wrong.

That said, I didn't see four or five people in the thread bashing Mattel. Just one or two including PBateman. Everyone else (including me) defended Mattel in this particular situation. Could you understand how I could think that you were talking about him?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next