Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crazy JLU deals at BBTS.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 am 
5" Scale

lance wrote:
Guys!!!!

Hound your ROSS stores... Look what I have found today!!!

Congratulations, color me jealous. I just told my wife I need to go to Ross :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 am 
declined to be a vampire

That's freaking awesome.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm 
Damage Control

Thanks for the heads up Lance! Just found them at one of my Ross stores as well. I also found the Guy Gardener 3 pack for $3.99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

red Ricky wrote:
I've witness some great deals at Ross in the past... Galactus & the Sentinels for $25... Batman & AzBats for $12... Young Justice for $4... but I've never seen a deal like that.
Did you run into the other Packs, or was that the only one you saw?

I knew there were a couple of those DCUC two-packs that graced by Ross before, but I have never found them. I really got lucky with this one!

If Mattycollector had just released these 7-packs recently, I would have returned them. I actually ordered two from Matty when it was released.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:52 pm 
Brand Manager

Don't feel bad. I still have a set coming to me through my Comic Book Store. One that I no longer want and wouldn't have bought, otherwise. But sometimes, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Either way, we still got 6 free figures for the discounted price of a Gypsy or a Thunderbolt. So we are talking great custom fodder and/or trade bait. Funny thing about the whole thing... the cashier couldn't believe the price either. He thought I'd swapped tags with another toy.

Last edited by red Ricky on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 pm 
Damage Control

red Ricky wrote:
Don't feel bad. I still have a set coming to me through my Comic Book Store. One that I no longer want and wouldn't have bought, otherwise. But sometimes, that's the way the cookie crumbles. Either way, we still got 6 free figures for the discounted price of a Gypsy or a Thunderbolt. So we are talking great custom fodder and/or trade bait. Funny thing about the whole thing... the cashier couldn't believe the price either. He thought I'd swapped tags with another toy.

Anyways, for those that asked, the SKU on my receipt reads 400094088487.

As for sightings, I only saw the 7 pack. But if you guys see any other Mattycollector items, please let us know.

Like I said above, I found the Guy Gardener set as well :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:03 am 
Variant Head

Man I need Guy Gardner ! If anybody finds that 3 pack I will gladly trade or buy it from you !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:37 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I found the seven-packs at two out of three Ross stores I visited. No Guy Gardner packs so far. I'm going to check another on the way home tonight. Based on my small sampling so far, it seems that there's only one seven-pack going to each store around here. If anybody has found multiples, feel free to correct me.

At that price, I'm surprised I found any, but then there are no big names in the pack. That's probably good for us collectors. I suspect if a Superman or Batman was in there, these things would vanish fast.

For anyone who is looking and is unfamiliar with Ross, toys are simply shoved on the shelves with no rhyme or reason (and lots of them end up on the floor). Plan to spend at least a few minutes digging round, pulling out large boxes and looking behind them. If you're not too worried about your dignity, I also recommend looking under the shelves, which may involve getting on your hands and knees.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am 
Damage Control

There were 3 7 packs at my location.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Hmmm - I'm interested in picking up a seven pack at that price, to use for customs. If anyone grabs a spare, please PM me! No Ross stores in my corner of the world.

Wonder if they'll get any Toyman packs?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:51 am 
Resin

DAMN! You guys are lucky. Hit the Ross brand stores in my area yesterday and zip. Nada. Zilch. I thought I was doing will getting them at my LCBS' cost. Oh well. Good find guys!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm 
declined to be a vampire

BFantana wrote:
DAMN! You guys are lucky. Hit the Ross brand stores in my area yesterday and zip. Nada. Zilch. I thought I was doing will getting them at my LCBS' cost. Oh well. Good find guys!

I think when it's said and done, I'm paying about 3.40 a figure, and I'm fine with that (for what I got from another website).

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:18 pm 
Brand Manager

Bryan Long wrote:
At that price, I'm surprised I found any, but then there are no big names in the pack. That's probably good for us collectors. I suspect if a Superman or Batman was in there, these things would vanish fast.

I suspect they just got them (or are in the process of getting them.) I did a Ross-Toy-Run last Sunday and found nothing. Then I found a set last night. So there's that. FYI, Batman or no Batman, I don't expect them to last past the weekend. 'Cause in my case we are talking about 7 figures for less than the cost of one of those 3.75 Dark Knight Batman/Bane figures. That's like 59¢ a figure. So I'm all like "buy now, regret later!" :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:27 pm 
Variant Head

I am just throwing this out there, I will gladly pay $10 shipped for a loose Guy Gardner with good paint. I also would pay like $15 shipped loose for Vandal savage and Savage Time Supes.

I can not believe Mattel dumped those 7 packs for that price, I was lucky and waited and got one in trade for some stuff I got a good deal on but still why not offer the little customer service stock during the early buying program ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:21 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
FYI, Batman or no Batman, I don't expect them to last past the weekend.

I'd agree. I'm going to make an effort to try to get to a couple more stores tomorrow. I may also revisit one or two stores where I came up dry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next