Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Just a little over a month away...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Maybe not even that long of a wait... Not much longer and we're going to be able to walk into major retailers again and buy DC products that we actually want to buy (Imaginext not withstanding). Super Hero Girls, TV/comic Multiverse, BvS Multiverse... Going to be odd seeing more than a few pegs dedicated to DC once again.

Post subject: Re: Just a little over a month away...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

Except.. we are dealing with MATTEL.. and their skill at dealing with CASE RATIOS and DISTRIBUTION. :shock: :( :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Really hoping the Multiverse figures are largely comic accurate. If we have to have nU 52 figures, then I'd love for them to be based on Morrison's Multiversity as well as more Dark Knight figures, Earth 2, the Earth 1 OGNs etc. I've grown to dislike DC's mainstream titles.

And finish the GA JSA. We're six figures from done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I think I'm out of the loop on this
What multiverse figures are we talking about
Is this a new line? I thought the multiverse line was cancelled back in second quarter
Are there any images of these figures
The only things I do remember seeing were 3 the DKR 6"
Is this what you are referring to?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:37 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The first wave of figures was shown at SDCC. TV Flash, Reverse Flash, and Arrow. Along with Superman of Earth 23, Year 0 Batman, and a version of the Joker I'm not familiar with. C&C is the Batman "Justice Buster" armor. This is not really a new line but a rebranded DCUC line done 4H style. At least as far as the comic accurate figures go. This is the six inch scale Multiverse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:46 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I wonder what will get a pre-christmas early/surprise release?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:37 pm 
Cold-cast

Tommy Tomorrow wrote:
The first wave of figures was shown at SDCC. TV Flash, Reverse Flash, and Arrow. Along with Superman of Earth 23, Year 0 Batman, and a version of the Joker I'm not familiar with. C&C is the Batman "Justice Buster" armor. This is not really a new line but a rebranded DCUC line done 4H style. At least as far as the comic accurate figures go. This is the six inch scale Multiverse.

I can't see this line doing well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

geoffdude wrote:
Except.. we are dealing with MATTEL.. and their skill at dealing with CASE RATIOS and DISTRIBUTION. :shock: :( :cry:

If it wasn't all "reset" merchandise for January I would agree with you. Even if the others don't get it "on time" Walmart should because they usually ship the reset merchandise directly from China themselves instead of relying on the manufacturers on this side of the Pacific. Plus the BvS merch is supposedly street dated for January 1st though with toy clearances happening at that time I doubt we'll see much of it before the resets are at least "in-progress" unless WB is making a big push with retailers for it to be out "on time".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:44 pm 
Brand Manager

Why aren't online e-tailers like BBTS offering preorders for this stuff? They should have already solicited preorders by now if these figures are due out in the next 2-3 months.

I used to order every wave of DCUC from BBTS just to avoid the hassle of hunting for them in stores, so I'm concerned that I can't do the same yet with these new figures. Is Mattel suddenly keeping e-tailers out of the loop and only offering this new line to retail stores? I know the Dark Knight Returns figures are Walmart exclusives, but I thought the Multiverse figures were mass retail.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 pm 
Hambone Hilly

shabbyblue wrote:
Why aren't online e-tailers like BBTS offering preorders for this stuff? They should have already solicited preorders by now if these figures are due out in the next 2-3 months.

I used to order every wave of DCUC from BBTS just to avoid the hassle of hunting for them in stores, so I'm concerned that I can't do the same yet with these new figures. Is Mattel suddenly keeping e-tailers out of the loop and only offering this new line to retail stores? I know the Dark Knight Returns figures are Walmart exclusives, but I thought the Multiverse figures were mass retail.

I think it may be that some figures may arrive in January, but others probably not until March or April.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:12 pm 
Hambone Hilly

Jim_Abell wrote:
Maybe not even that long of a wait... Not much longer and we're going to be able to walk into major retailers again and buy DC products that we actually want to buy (Imaginext not withstanding). Super Hero Girls, TV/comic Multiverse, BvS Multiverse... Going to be odd seeing more than a few pegs dedicated to DC once again.

I am avoiding the Black Friday Deals for $10 figures that I already have. I am saving my money for next years toys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I keep seeing pics of batman v superman figures online and it really gets on my nerves that mattel gave this line a Janaury 1st release date. Makes no sense whatsoever. I love these upcoming figures and really wanted to get some of these as gifts this xmas as well my little nephew is going crazy asking santa for ben affleck batman but i dont know what to tell him. I really want to get him some dawn of justice toys but mattel thinks it would be better to release these in Janauary and not the busiest shopping season of the year? I really hope some of these make it out before xmas or i am going to have one very dissapointed nephew. Mattel makes great figures but whoever is running there dc stuff really needs to give there head a shake. Star wars stuff was released sept 4 but many items came out in august. I dont see mattel's logic in waiting till after xmas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:25 pm 
Hambone Hilly

genesis82 wrote:
I keep seeing pics of batman v superman figures online and it really gets on my nerves that mattel gave this line a Janaury 1st release date. Makes no sense whatsoever. I love these upcoming figures and really wanted to get some of these as gifts this xmas as well my little nephew is going crazy asking santa for ben affleck batman but i dont know what to tell him. I really want to get him some dawn of justice toys but mattel thinks it would be better to release these in Janauary and not the busiest shopping season of the year? I really hope some of these make it out before xmas or i am going to have one very dissapointed nephew. Mattel makes great figures but whoever is running there dc stuff really needs to give there head a shake. Star wars stuff was released sept 4 but many items came out in august. I dont see mattel's logic in waiting till after xmas.

Mattel has been doing this for years, releasing new toys after Christmas to stock the shelves after retailers clearance out the older toys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:40 pm 
Tis' but a pup

From what I can see there really isn't any older toys to clearance out. I guess mattel just hates making money hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:01 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The street date may be WB's thing, too. The manufacturers are usually at the licensor's mercy for when they can start selling movie merchandise.

BTW, pics have surfaced of the Total Heroes-style Aquaman for the movie...

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/04/first-l ... tman-v-su/