Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Questions for next round of Ask Matty?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
In that case, will we get a Joker with removable face that can be hung on the front of his head upside down?

Jo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:57 am 
declined to be a vampire

Dear Matty,

I know it's hard for you to answer actual "is this character going to be made" type questions, but do you think there is any likelihood that we see the Jason Todd Red Hood...such as from "under the red hood" in either the Batman Unlimited, DC Unlimited, or DCIE Subs line?

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:08 am 
serves the Otter

Bunger43 wrote:
Dear Matty,

I know it's hard for you to answer actual "is this character going to be made" type questions, but do you think there is any likelihood that we see the Jason Todd Red Hood...such as from "under the red hood" in either the Batman Unlimited, DC Unlimited, or DCIE Subs line?

I thought Batman Unlimited/DC Unlimited just got cancelled at retail. So that just leaves the sub, and it seems highly unlikely they'd offer the same character twice in the sub. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:45 pm 
declined to be a vampire

shabbyblue wrote:
Bunger43 wrote:
Dear Matty,

I thought Batman Unlimited/DC Unlimited just got cancelled at retail. So that just leaves the sub, and it seems highly unlikely they'd offer the same character twice in the sub. :(

I guess I wasn't completely aware that happened. If so, thanks for saying that now and keeping a question from being submitted that would get a stupid answer (because of my stupid question).

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:50 pm 
ABS

Where did everyone hear batman unlimited was going to be canceled? I like them!!

Also, another question for matty.

Are there going to any figures who aren't New 52 models in the dc unlimited line? I would really love some wonder woman supporting characters in the sub or at retail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

For most of us, the DCU and Batman U lines being cancelled is "just a hunch".

Most Walmarts have stopped carrying the lines. Most Targets are looking like they will be NCF (not carrying forward) with the upcoming resets...

In the press release for Matty's SDCC panels it mentions talk of "new lines" to look forward to but doesn't mention DCU or Batman U by name...

Figures that were shown at Toy Fair (Vampire Batman and Damian Robin) have been announced as "cancelled"....

Add all that to the shoddy distribution (not that Mattel distribution has ever been "great"), the lackluster "waves", and the declaration of most long time fans either cherry picking or leaving entirely and ....

...it just seems that the writing is on the wall with these lines ending and, hopefully, we'll see a new format announcement at SDCC that will revitalize the line and return us to some "glory days" of DC figures on the pegs in force. Fingers Crossed ....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:40 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

After reading AFI's last Q+A, I have a question: Where was the DC retail team located that prevented them from answering two simple questions about what they do? It's not like you can't text or e-mail them. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:46 am 
categorically opposed

abuddah wrote:
After reading AFI's last Q+A, I have a question: Where was the DC retail team located that prevented them from answering two simple questions about what they do? It's not like you can't text or e-mail them. :roll:

They probably weren't answering anything because Batman and DC Unlimited have been canned, and they don't want to talk about what's going to replace them at retail until SDCC.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:51 am 
Fugitive Dust

Is it even worth asking anything until after SDCC?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Bingo.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm 
serves the Otter

starks wrote:
Is it even worth asking anything until after SDCC?

Nope.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:28 pm 
Former King of Posts

Was Mattel offered Teen Titans Go? If so, can they talk about why they did not go after it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

These were my questions....

Q2. If you live outside of the US and wish to cancel your pre-order for Castle Greyskull, is there a way to cancel on the Matty site or do you have to phone/ email the request to cancel? It’s wrong for those that order online to have to pay for an international phone call to cancel an order if thats the only way to do so, especially when all other online stores/companies allow you to cancel online.

A2. You need to call customer service if needing to cancel a preorder.

This is blatantly wrong and false information BY THE VERY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD KNOW!!! As after I asked this I decided to try and cancel by replying to my pre order conformation email, and was able to cancel that way. So get a grip Mattel, you've just told people they can't do something which they clearly can!!

Q3. You made a point of completing the Super Powers line up when DCUC was at retail, any chance you could do the same with the Total Justice line up in DCIE sub? We still need hook handed Aquaman, Kyle Raynor GL in his original costume, Zauriel, Connor Hawk Green Arrow (on the older teen buck), Tim Drake Robin in original costume (on the smaller Teen buck with new sculpting where required), Impulse (on smaller teen buck), 90′s Hawkman and Huntress in her 90′s costume.

A3. We are fans of these costumes and we do have plans for some 90′s characters in 2014, (assuming we get enough sub holders at tier 1 to continue to the line) we don’t really have plans to hit Total Justice the way we deliberately tried to finish off Super Powers. In fact, there are still a few SP redecos and slight upgrades we are itching to do.

Total Justice era designs are what many fans are hoping for in the sub. I can't think of many SP figures other than the Trinity repaints and new Kalibak that people want. They need to stop giving us the figures THEY want and start giving us the ones WE'RE asking for!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 am 
Fugitive Dust

I thought that the SP response was interesting. Redecos & slight upgrades, I would think, wouldn't be possible for the subscription if they were already done via retail already (DCUC). And I would imagine could possibly tick a lot of people off.

As for the 90's stuff, I would think they may mean some more Grant Morrison's Injustice League characters perhaps? Connor Hawke?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Since SDCC is just around the corner, I'll direct my question to a generic budgeting query... We've gotten Gentleman Ghost, Joker and Uncle Sam all from a rather "unique" body style. I was wondering, in the planning stages are the tooling costs for the new body actually budgeted over two or more figures or does the first one spend the budget on all of the new tooling and the second (or third or fourth and so on) figure only spend for tooling the parts unique to that figure?