Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm 
declined to be a vampire

The_Donster wrote:
It is questionable on how long this line can go on. I know a few people loved the Orange, Blue and Red Corp leaders, but I felt these were a waste of a slots. Same with Red Hood. This years offerings were far from the wow factor. Instead of doing a Huntress that hasn't been done before, we're getting a Hush Huntress, right? I already have that figure in the Jim Lee DCD line. Something I've always told myself is when something stops being fun I'll quit it and Matty has got me just about there. I love the work the 4H do, but the total cost of this sub isn't paying off for my collection. If this is Matty's line up, I can see why retailers wouldn't bite for them on a store level. This is the 3rd subscription(If it goes through). By now all the kinks should be worked out, shipping, DR, and a stellar line up. For me to re-up for another year I need Matty to step up and show us more than 4 mock ups.

I think I agree with most of what you said here, but I won't bash on Mattel for giving us something that DC Direct did. While they both worth through DC/WB, ultimately Mattel had never given us a Huntress figure.

I've lost a lot of the fun in it, like you, so I quit a while back. Occasionally I'll grab something, but anymore it's just not what it was.

I'm having fun finding some things online for my kids though.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm 
4" scale

Bunger43 wrote:
Although that's not entirely true. Depending on what retailer you go to, you will see the DC Unlimited/DCUC figures for 17 or 18 bucks or higher.

So while in theory that's nice, the extra cost we are getting jabbed is the shipping of 9 bucks. Their figures are not costing that much more (and in some cases cheaper) than what you find at retail.

Yes they are more expensive in some retail stores but that's because they've been marked-up by those retailers. However, the cost of production is still lower for Mattel. For the DCIE, Mattel gets all of the mark-up when factoring the higher cost of production.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:38 pm 
5" Scale

I hear you Bunger. My son has been pretty much the most collecting I've done in ages. He's into Thomas the Train, Imaginext and the Playskool Heroes line. Although he's caught the Minion bug with Despicable Me lately. So I still frequent some of the same haunts, just different aisles. I'm not bashing them as much as pointing out a unwise choice. They kind of did the same thing when they decided to do the GL stuff. Anyway, who knows what some customizer is going to do with her once she is released.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:59 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Doesn't look good. I've supported this line from the beginning, but it is more out of my OCD than quality or character selection. The meter hasn't moved as far as I can tell. I don't need another Aquaman or Batman so no sense getting the sub. Hopefully when it is cancelled, the Ice figure was far enough in production that Mattel can put it on Matty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

looking at Matty's history, I could truly see them NOT releasing Ice if the sub doesn't go through and say it is because we didn't support it.

Then, after a few months of us whining, and begging, and debating, they'll offer it up as a pre-order for $30-$40-$50, which will again fail due to the price point, but be turned back on us for not supporting the minimum order needed to go through.

If you truly want Ice, re-up the sub. Sell or trade off the Batman and Aquaman you don't want.

Yes, I realize we shouldn't HAVE to operate this way. But that is the unfortunate reality of this relationship.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 am 
Aspires to be #1

The only way I'm considering signing up is if this thing gets to the unleashed Doomsday without me. I've spent too much on figures I didn't really want the last two years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 am 
An Insider

I hope that they do not waste any of the monthly figures on more Super Powers repaints or character re-do's.

Light colored costume Superman
Kalibak in brown costume

I think that the DC Universe Club Infinite Earths should be for classic DC Comics versions only.
NO New 52
NO Super Powers repaints
NO Video Game versions

There are plenty of DC Characters that have not been done in DCUC format.
Monarch
Atomic Skull
Doctor Polaris
Doctor Light

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:40 pm 
Cold-cast

I'm a big fan of both of those Doomsday figures. Too bad they will only make one of them if Tier 2 is reached.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Can someone tell me where containment suit Doomsday comes from? I've never seen that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:47 pm 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
Can someone tell me where containment suit Doomsday comes from? I've never seen that.

Were you reading the Superman books when Doomsday first arrived on earth & killed Superman? The earliest issues in the run didn't reveal what he looked like. He was in that containment suit.

Last edited by Clayface on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I was only 7, so no haha. I've never actually read that story.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:52 pm 
Cold-cast

I was young also, but it was a big deal since we all knew that DC was going to kill Supes. I was more of a Marvel guy, Spiderman. If I ventured into DC it was only for Batman. I never read Superman before that. really didn't like the big blue boy scout. I Just wanted to see who this guy was that could destroy the Man of Steel. Pic posted above of an issue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:01 pm 
Aspires to be #1

The only comic I read as a kid was Spawn. I got my fix from BTAS and the old Xmen cartoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm 
5" Scale

j1h15233 wrote:
The only way I'm considering signing up is if this thing gets to the unleashed Doomsday without me. I've spent too much on figures I didn't really want the last two years.

This is kind of my rational. Some of the characters are nice, but I don't think it is enough to make people pick it up. In some ways it kind of feels like Matty is sitting on their hands a bit. Because I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty damn sure that the cyro suit had a prototype ages ago and the regular Doomsday is just about recasting from what they've already done. Nothing new to see there. I have the same feeling about the line up that I have with the new 52. There's no real attachment for me. I stopped reading JLA about the time they introduced Vibe. Because of it, I think I'm done with the sub. No incentive for me to re-up for another year. I'll cherry pick and take my chances if the sub goes through. Although if it doesn't, it will be for the reasons bnj pointed out in his post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:22 pm 
Cold-cast

j1h15233 wrote:
The only comic I read as a kid was Spawn. I got my fix from BTAS and the old Xmen cartoon.

Spawn definitely became my favorite when Image was formed. That was the entire reason why I liked Spiderman so much was because of McFarlane's artwork. When Marvel gave him his own Spiderman book, I stopped with Amazing. Then when those artists formed Image, I stopped reading Spiderman for the most part. Bought the first Carnage issues, but that was really about it at the time. I don't think I started reading Spiderman again until Bendis wrote the unlimited books

BTAS was pretty much what got me back into Batman. he was one of my favorites when I when I was young but I lost interest for some reason. I was back on board when I saw the BTAS trailer. He's been my favorite character again ever since. Really liked the Jim Lee artwork in the Hush storyline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 47  Next