Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

So now we know we get

Jan: Hook Hand Aquaman
Feb: Ice
March: Conner Superboy
April:
May:
June:
July:
Aug:
Sept:
Oct:
Nov:
Dec: Damian Wayne Robin

plus the Doomsday of whatever Tier gets hit ....

Dropped hints of at least 3 more females, some villains, and team builders in the mix and we've got the potential for a great year of figures.

(but then again, I'd say any figure we get through out all of DC's history no matter how obscure would make for a great year so your mileage may vary ...)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:22 am 
shirtless hugger

Is it just me or is Damian's head really small for the rest of his body?

Might just be a bad picture. Still, this is the first figure so far that I'm actually interested in, so it might be enough to get me to sign up (I've had no problems flipping unwanted sub figures this past year so I'm not worried about that).

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:38 am 
Aspires to be #1

Honestly it's just stupid they won't release a list of what we're getting or what they're considering giving us. If they're worried about good will with the fans, I don't think it could get much lower. If they're worried about a law suit, get the right legal jargon out there to protect yourself. I realize we don't have any idea what it's like behind the scenes but sometimes it feels like common sense could rule out over corporate bull.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

With Damian showing up (and a mention of his mother on the update), could Talia possibly be in the cards?

Here's what this year's selection might look like. Of course, the civilian character may be in the female slot too. Fill in the blanks:

Jan: Hook Hand Aquaman
Feb: Ice
March: Conner Superboy
April: Villain
May: Hero
June: Female
July: Hero
Aug: Civilian
Sept: Villain
Oct: Female
Nov: Hero
Dec: Damian Wayne Robin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Well, this will partially test my theory about the draw of the "Bat". Although, it's pretty late in the game and I had suggested announcing BOTH Damien and Talia at Comicon. Certainly, it is easy to say a lot of negative things about this announcement and many of them would be true. However, this was a figure that I wanted badly at retail and if I'm going to be entirely honest, I'd rather get it in the sub than perhaps not at all.

Also, I'm happy to know that I will have at least one copy of this figure (if it's produced) because he will sell out very quickly in the monthly sale. Did anybody else try to pick up Poison Ivy via the monthly sale? I was there at the crack of 9:00 and still got shut out. I had to settle for a Chinese "replica". I'm pretty sure the demand for Damien will be close to that level. I know I will try to pick up a couple of extras via the monthly sale for my nephews.

At the end of the day it is another gimmick that will further annoy many and will not change the mind of those who had already firmly committed to not buying the sub. However, it will bring in some of those on the fence about whether to sub or buy additional subs that would otherwise not have done so. And it could make the difference between the sub living or dying, so I have to say that I hope it works...

Hopefully, Matty will be in position to announce a couple of NEW, highly demanded bat figures for the sub at next year's Comicon and a great no-gimmick sub exclusive so they won't have to be in this position. Who wouldn't want to know upfront that they were getting Talia and Alfred or Commissioner Gordon and a proper Scarecrow, in addition to some genuinely in demand non-bat figures.

Want List: DCCIE/DCUC: 1.Liberty Belle (Jessie) 2.Ms. Martian 3.Talia Al Ghul 4.Wonder Girl (Cassie) 5.Commissioner Gordon 6.Scarecrow 7.Flash Rogues (Heat Wave, Trickster, Weather Wizard) 8.General Zod 9.Vandal Savage 10. Speedy and Aqualad(original)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:02 pm 
Tis' but a pup

By the way, is AFI planning to put the Damian "reveal" on its front page to help spread the news?

Want List: DCCIE/DCUC: 1.Liberty Belle (Jessie) 2.Ms. Martian 3.Talia Al Ghul 4.Wonder Girl (Cassie) 5.Commissioner Gordon 6.Scarecrow 7.Flash Rogues (Heat Wave, Trickster, Weather Wizard) 8.General Zod 9.Vandal Savage 10. Speedy and Aqualad(original)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Speaking of bat figures, I realized the other day that Killer Croc never gets mentioned...is everyone just happy with the old one they released? I don't have one and had honestly forgotten about him until I picked up Arkham City again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 pm 
Bob Vila

j1h15233 wrote:
Speaking of bat figures, I realized the other day that Killer Croc never gets mentioned...is everyone just happy with the old one they released? I don't have one and had honestly forgotten about him until I picked up Arkham City again.

I haven't forgotten Croc, and would love to see a reissue. But I would hope they'd go down the same route as with the TDKR Batman and use parts from MOTUC to make him bigger. If they re use parts from Whiplash they would have a scaled, bulky torso and arms for classic Croc. I don't want an oversized Jim Lee style one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 pm 
Aspires to be #1

elvis8batman wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:

I haven't forgotten Croc, and would love to see a reissue. But I would hope they'd go down the same route as with the TDKR Batman and use parts from MOTUC to make him bigger. If they re use parts from Whiplash they would have a scaled, bulky torso and arms for classic Croc. I don't want an oversized Jim Lee style one.

I'd definitely take a new one and Mr Freeze too. I don't even display the one I have because I hate it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:49 pm 
Resin

BLAH. I was bummed when he was dropped from the retail line as he was the only figure I was interested in. I did end up with Batman and Batgirl as I was jonesing for figure fix but I really only wanted Damian. Even with his small dome and being the most jaaaaaaacked 10 yr old ever I still wanted to add him to the Batfamily. Alas I dont want him enough to be drawn into the sub. Sorry guys. Im too much of a cherry-picker to do a sub and Im not sure I want to start flipping figures as someone alluded to. Oh well...If Matty does hit their mark I look forward to the reviews from you guys if/when Damian makes his way to your hands. Maybe I'll even see if I can jump in one of your orders when his month arrives ;)

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:16 pm 
ABS

I am so excited for damien! I can't wait ! Good move mattel, more people will sub in now! I am very pleased with mattel and glad they considered what the fans wanted. Even if some of you guys don't want him, which is pretty ridiculous, then you can always sell him. He'll sell great on ebay! Don't worry I think this may have pushed people to sign up for the sub now. yay damien is gonna be awesome

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 pm 
serves the Otter

princeofpop98 wrote:
I am so excited for damien! I can't wait ! Good move mattel, more people will sub in now!

Yeah! Instead of it ending Monday at 50%, maybe now it'll end at 60%!! :P

Too bad 100% is all that counts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 pm 
Collector Inspector

I don't know, I'd like to see at least one more dead Robin before I decide to subscribe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:16 pm 
Resin

funtime3 wrote:
I don't know, I'd like to see at least one more dead Robin before I decide to subscribe.

Excellent! I really needed that laugh! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:34 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

C'mon. He'll be alive by the time we actually get the figure of him.

You know, IF the sub goes through. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 47  Next