Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JediJones wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I don't think I'd pay 35 for that.

I would love to see all 12 released at higher prices though. At least that way if there was one I had to have it would be available.

Any one you wanted would be available loose on eBay from people breaking up the sets, just like happened to the SDCC ML sets. Those of us who have a complete collection would rather not pay $60 shipping for 6 figures when we could pay $15 shipping for the same in a boxed set.

It would also be the only figures we would see because that wouldn't sell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'd pay the higher prices for the figures shown. Anything for Ice and Superboy. But, if it ends, I love my DCUC collection. It is an impressive set.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:20 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I subbed and wish the line was continuing, but am content with the size and scope of the collection as is it. I can now focus my collecting dollars on a permanent display for the 200+ figures. As far as the 2014 leftovers, I will pick up Ice and Doomsday (contained or unleashed) if and when they are release, but will most likely pass on another Robin, Superboy, and Aquaman. I like Aquaman, but find the flowing hair ridiculous, unless I was going to display him in a fish tank (that might actually look pretty cool, so maybe I will add old Hook Hand).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:49 pm 
Hat Pooper

A think a best of the 90's box set would be huge. Hook Hand Aquaman,Green Lantern Kyle Rayner,Doomsday unleashed. Impulse. and if your a fan of Linkara how about Snowflame.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:07 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Ashxking wrote:
A think a best of the 90's box set would be huge. Hook Hand Aquaman,Green Lantern Kyle Rayner,Doomsday unleashed. Impulse. and if your a fan of Linkara how about Snowflame.

Replace Snowflame with Zauriel and I'm in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:14 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

So let's run down the list....

JLU -- CANCELLED.
Ghostbusters -- CANCELLED.
DCUC -- CANCELLED.
1966 Batman -- CANCELLED.
DC Sub -- CANCELLED.
Back to the Future license -- WASTED.

Yup, guess there's nothing left for me to purchase from Mattel, either in retail OR on their website. Don't want my money, Mattel? Fine. It'll be going to NECA, Hot Toys, Hasbro, Gentle Giant, Takara, and Sideshow. Those companies know their target audience a lot better than you do, they know what we want to buy, they know how to market it better than you, and they for the most part give us what we want. Even with limited exclusives, those other companies still manage to produce and sell them rather than dangling carrots in front of us and then snatching them away because we won't give in to a ridiculous level of greed. :roll:

Case in point: Ecto-1. $200+ is pure greed. You could have sold it for $100 and made a decent profit, and at $100 it would have probably hit its goal. A toy of that scale, even with electronic features, has no business being priced anywhere near $200. Hot Toy's 1/6 scale Batpod cost around $200. Many 1/6 scale items are in the $200 range and are made up of a hell of a lot more plastic than a vehicle of that size. Ditch the electronics and offer it again for a reasonable price and it will sell. Offer Doomsday seperately on the website, because it will sell. Offer a 2nd wave of 1966 Batman, anchored with plastic-caped Batman and Robin, because it will sell. Offer the 6" DC characters to us so that we actually KNOW what we're buying, and they will sell. Stop playing games with us with your ridiculous "kickstarter" mystery box. Just listen to what we want, understand your market, produce for that market, and it will SELL.

The DC sub failed because of your poor business decisions. Not because of us. You.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:39 pm 
active in the community

Thx Matty for the memories and all the good, the bad, the amazing, the ugly, the arguements and frustrations along the way. Sad but totally expected this to be the news on 8/20/13. I'd love to see several of these offered somehow in the future...but $30 plus per....probably will be hard to justify. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:41 pm 
Resin

I hope Mattel does not give up offering DC collector products on their website. Maybe Mattel can come up with new subs that people might be more into. I would love to see a normal scale Movie Masters sub, or a Batman sub. A sub for the DC Original Animated movies would be great. I would buy movie figures based on Year One, New Frontier, Flashpoint Paradox, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

alcinde4 wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
I don't know. $35 for a 6 inch figure is well past my limit.

Maybe for Aquaman. Probably not Ice.

But I'm not paying that much for a Superboy remake.

There's not a single 6" figure (past or present) that I'd pay $35 for. So I'm willing to concede defeat and call it quits on 4H styled DC figures.

Now I just want my refund. Please and thank you.

Count me as one of you. That is just too much for what you are getting. My wife actually pointed out that for a little bit more you can get a Play Arts DC figure that is better quality and include accessories. Sorry, but releasing them at a higher cost isn't going to work for me no matter how much I love the 4 Horsemen and what they do. Not to sound even more like a dick, but I also find it hard to believe that Matty doesn't have a back up plan?!? I can understand there being a delay in putting it in place. I just don't buy they don't know what they're going to do. If that is the case no wonder the subs have failed on a business level. I once told myself that once this stopped being fun I'd stop. Well unless some miracle happens I think I'm done with the line. I'd much rather put that money I'm saving on other lines that I still enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:00 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Keep in mind that if they follow through with this latest absurd plan, it's not going to be $30-35 per figure. It'll be $30-35 PLUS SHIPPING. So more like the $40-45 range per figure! F that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:01 pm 
Displays Backwards

I feel sorry for anybody who got a Fire who will be deprived an Ice.

This line just had the law of diminishing returns and eventually it diminished too much. I wonder why Mattel is so into the sub thing when Hasbro never tries it at all? Every sub Mattel has done has died except for MOTU - DC, Ghostbusters, WWE Legends, the Watchmen were one-and-done (though maybe they were planned that way.) And the shipping always jacks overpriced figures up to even more overpriced figures. I don't blame anybody for just giving up on this line.

The only sub I've done is for the Watchmen, but the price for them is pretty brutal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:27 am 
Brand Manager

Now, I would love to see Mattel give up, and let NECA produce all the future DC Movie figures. I've preordered the Ecto-1, and would love to see it being sold for $100 - $150, but I don't think that will happen. The last insult to me will be see they finally producing Keaton Batman in the 4 inch scale insteady of Movie Masters 6 inch scale. Like they did with that 12 inch Reeves Superman. :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:09 am 
declined to be a vampire

alcinde4 wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
I don't know. $35 for a 6 inch figure is well past my limit.

Maybe for Aquaman. Probably not Ice.

But I'm not paying that much for a Superboy remake.

There's not a single 6" figure (past or present) that I'd pay $35 for. So I'm willing to concede defeat and call it quits on 4H styled DC figures.

Now I just want my refund. Please and thank you.

This. 20 bucks IMO was too high, and add in shipping? Just stupid.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 am 
declined to be a vampire

JediJones wrote:
How about for $135-150 a boxed set with Unleashed Doomsday, Super Powers Superman, Ice, translucent variant of Fire, Connor Kent Superboy and hooked Aquaman?

They could save Damien for a similar Batman-themed set later in the year.

I don't think anyone here is seeing the issue. Quantity of figures in the pack isn't going to effect cost efficiency...because there figures weren't created with the goal in mind of selling them in a group lot.

This isn't like the legion set that was created specifically for that.

If they decided to sell us figures in a set, it's going to be that 30 or 35 dollar number times how many figures are in the set. The only savings you'd see MIGHT be on shipping.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:30 am 
3 3/4"

shabbyblue wrote:
So let's run down the list....

Case in point: Ecto-1. $200+ is pure greed. You could have sold it for $100 and made a decent profit, and at $100 it would have probably hit its goal. A toy of that scale, even with electronic features, has no business being priced anywhere near $200. Hot Toy's 1/6 scale Batpod cost around $200. Many 1/6 scale items are in the $200 range and are made up of a hell of a lot more plastic than a vehicle of that size. Ditch the electronics and offer it again for a reasonable price and it will sell. Offer Doomsday seperately on the website, because it will sell. Offer a 2nd wave of 1966 Batman, anchored with plastic-caped Batman and Robin, because it will sell. Offer the 6" DC characters to us so that we actually KNOW what we're buying, and they will sell. Stop playing games with us with your ridiculous "kickstarter" mystery box. Just listen to what we want, understand your market, produce for that market, and it will SELL.

The DC sub failed because of your poor business decisions. Not because of us. You.

Actually, the Hot Toys Batpod retailed between $275 and $290 depending on where you got it from. It's been released twice and I don't know how many Hot Toys ultimately made to keep it at that price point. Nor do I know their business plan or operational costs that allows them to make the highly detailed, exceptional products they do and keep it at a price that, while expensive, seems to be at the right sweet spot for what they do.

Same goes for Mattel. You don't work for them so I doubt you're privy to the details of their business and "know" what they could've and should've done. It's a shame some of us are incapable of taking results at face value.

Let's be disappointed but let's not pretend to "know" anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 47  Next