Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Early access has never been a benefit for DC sub holders. There are no other DC products to buy.

This. You know what else isn't a benefit to the people buying these figures? Paying 25 bucks plus shipping for them.

I'm actually interested in all four, and the containment suit Doomsday. Do you know how many of them I'll buy at those costs? Zero.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:56 pm 
shirtless hugger

ToyGuru wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:
I hope that 2014 DCCIE sub backers get first dibs.

I doubt either will happen.

Worst-case scenario: these are small runs, and Mattel doesn't allow current or 2014 DCCIE subscribers access, and they sell out during the early access period, to which only 2014 MOTUC subscribers will have access.

If there had been a DC sub you would get EA. we can't grant EA when we didn't even hit tier 1. It is not emotional, just math. We did not have enough sub holders to produce a full year including all the benefits that come with that.

I wasn't hoping for early access to all the product, just the DC figures for the 2014 DC subscribers. You have the email of the people who bought in, so all that would need to be done is create a DC-only early-access page.

You managed to find a way to thank and reward the backers of the last failed Ghostbusters subscription (with a free product, no less!), so the idea of "thanking" the fans isn't entirely without precedent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:16 pm 
ABS

I would like to have early access since I did purchase a 2014 sub before it failed. I don't want to deal with the rush, so I may just pay the extra buck and order one from bbts ahead of time. Either way Im getting my figures

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:19 pm 
active in the community

i bought a total of three subs for the proposed 2014 dc line. that was one more sub for me than the previous year and two more subs than the initial year. previous to that, i've purchased complete sets of multiple waves at retail. i don't know what more i could've done to support the line. i usually don't join in the online hyperbole and rhetoric, but i find the continual dismissal of the "60+%" of us irksome.

i feel as though the responsibility of the dwindling interest in and termination of the line has been laid at my feet and the feet of other loyal fans where there should be none. we, as consumers, are the very last component in what makes a line successful or profitable enough to continue.

the reason i am posting at all is because i fear i will not be able to add these last five DCU figures to my collection. knock on wood, the highest prices yet are not the issue. even the character selection isn't the problem. i fear having to compete with other fans, scalpers and site problems.

i would buy all five figures given the chance to do so if it meant guaranteed ownership. i showed my brand loyalty with the hundreds and hundreds of dollars i spent on DCU, MOTU and Watchmen figures. i hate to think it all now comes down to luck and online savvy. this last sting of denial of early access may well have put me off mattycollector.com for good. i'll try for Ice directly the day of but i am not hopeful. i was willing, Mattel was not.

Last edited by callsign_morlock on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:32 pm 
ABS

callsign_morlock wrote:
i bought a total of three subs for the proposed 2014 dc line. that was one more sub for me than the previous year and two more subs than the initial year. previous to that, i've purchased complete sets of multiple waves at retail. i don't know what more i could've done to support the line. i usually don't join in the online hyperbole and rhetoric, but i find the continual dismissal of the "60+%" of us irksome.

i feel as though the responsibility of the dwindling interest in and termination of the line has been laid at my feet and the feet of other loyal fans where there should be none. we, as consumers, are the very last component in what makes a line successful or profitable enough to continue.

the reason i am posting at all is because i fear i will not be able to add these last four DCU figures to my collection. knock on wood, the highest prices yet are not the issue. even the character selection isn't the problem. i fear having to compete with other fans, scalpers and site problems.

i would buy all four figures given the chance to do so if it meant guaranteed ownership. i showed my brand loyalty with the hundreds and hundreds of dollars i spent on DCU, MOTU and Watchmen figures. i hate to think it all now comes down to luck and online savvy. this last sting of denial of early access may well have put me off mattycollector.com for good. i'll try for Ice directly the day of but i am not hopeful. i was willing, Mattel was not.

I couldn't agree more

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 am 
Brand Manager

callsign_morlock wrote:

the reason i am posting at all is because i fear i will not be able to add these last five DCU figures to my collection. knock on wood, the highest prices yet are not the issue. even the character selection isn't the problem. i fear having to compete with other fans, scalpers and site problems.

i would buy all five figures given the chance to do so if it meant guaranteed ownership. i showed my brand loyalty with the hundreds and hundreds of dollars i spent on DCU, MOTU and Watchmen figures. i hate to think it all now comes down to luck and online savvy. this last sting of denial of early access may well have put me off mattycollector.com for good. i'll try for Ice directly the day of but i am not hopeful. i was willing, Mattel was not.

Well said ! I bought 2 subs this year, 1 sub last year and 2 the first year! Toyguru all that us loyal DC fans are asking is for a chance to buy all of them with minimal hassle, some of us have families and jobs we can not be there the day of the sale. We want to show our support please even if you only offer it for a week, 2 days even just offer a mini sub of the 4 shown figures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 am 
Mattel Mogul

And we appreciate the loyalty. But we only had 63% of the needed fans to offer EA and a sub. We are not saying we don't
Have awesome loyal fans. We are saying we don't have enough of them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:36 am 
Brand Manager

I understand we did not hit the number but why not offer the 63 % a chance to buy all 4 figures. Why is that completely off the table? If you are going to produce these figures based on the number of subs you sold then I have a feeling I will not get the two figures I want due to a sell out which is a shame cause I am offering to buy all 4 just to secure the 2 I want.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:10 am 
Fugitive Dust

ToyGuru wrote:
And we appreciate the loyalty. But we only had 63% of the needed fans to offer EA and a sub. We are not saying we don't

Maybe in a year the sub idea should be revisited and some changes made. The fans should have more of a voice. Do more polls, find out which versions of characters are more in demand. There is interest but people have been playing it safe. I have always bought three subs because I am a DC fanatic but for others they need to feel more engaged. DC has not been treated as devoted as MOTUC has and with the competition from so many other sources, you guys at Mattel need to really go full throttle on keeping the line going. I, like so many prefer DCIE over other companies who produce DC figures. For as much as someone like myself complains I still prefer Mattel's universe of DC figures to any other company.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

What about MOTUC sub holders? Will they get EA to the figures?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Shellhead wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 am 
declined to be a vampire

ToyGuru wrote:

That's not entirely true either. I'm loyal. But I'm not giving blindly into something when the receiving attitude is that of what you just said.

Not overpaying for something doesn't mean one isn't loyal.

I'm a huge University of Tennessee football fan. I'm as loyal as the day is long, but does my loyalty mean less when I can no longer drive 7 hours to watch them play at home because I have other obligations?

I don't think so.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 am 
Brand Manager

That's insanely unfair if MOTUC get early access to the DC figures considering resellers like Big Bad Toy Store have subs and will scoop up tons of these. Toyguru show you care a little come on man just offer the 4 figures in a sub I am begging you to take my money and your pretty much telling me its not as green as MOTUC sub holders money ????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 am 
declined to be a vampire

Jim_Abell wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Yes.

See, I think this is kind of dumb. I like what someone said above: Matty has the info of the people who tried to subscribe, they should get EA (for the record, I'm not one of them). TG should make that happen if he means what he said above.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I am sure there are plenty of MOTUC guys on the AFI board who might be willing to help people out. Of course, you'll be paying double shipping, but it would avoid the risk of them selling out.

Either way, people are going to be annoyed, because I totally see Damien selling out during EA. The others probably not.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 47  Next