Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Universe Club Infinite Earths...does it survive for 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:43 pm 
Cold-cast

Red Ricky completely understands where I was going with my post.

alcinde4 wrote:
Wow. If you put Super Powers and Clayface in the same room at the same time together, I think the Earth might collapse in on itself. You two seem to be some all-the-time-angry-at-everything hombres. Do either of you even enjoy collecting? Not just now, but did you ever enjoy it?

Maybe you should just:

For one I'm not angry about anything. JLU brought many great figures IMO. Lobo, Kalibak, Toyman, just to name a few. I can get enjoyment out of collecting something, but I don't have to agree with the tactics of company that makes the lines. I'm not the only one who has issues with mattel & digital river. I enjoy some figures, but I never enjoyed dealing with mattel & their bumbling incompetence of the way they handled most situations & treated their customers.

MOD EDIT: Personal attacks and vulgar reference will not be tolerated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:12 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

MOD HAT: Personal attacks, vulgar reference, subtle attempts at profanity, and petty arguing will not be tolerated on this thread. If you cannot figure out how to discuss toys like grown men...which sounds odd...then I'll keep editing your posts, which I hate.

Last warning for everyone. Keep it civil.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:57 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Thanks for bringing the thread back.

I may get the Superboy. MAYBE Doomsday.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:22 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Surprised to see you bring this one back Ryan. I'll do my part, and not antagonize anyone.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:33 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I brought it back because I think there's a lot of great discussion here, despite the frustrations with Mattel (and each other)...but I don't see the value in deleting everything over a few petty arguments.

This message is to everyone - conflict is healthy. It can be good. It generates new ideas, provides differing viewpoints, and hopefully helps this community grow...if people allow it. Everyone can disagree, but it needs to be respectful. Being hateful towards one another over something we all love is just childish nonsense.

When this hobby ceases to be enjoyable, then please leave. Take your hateful and negative attitude somewhere else.

Otherwise, grow up. Be respectful. Be accountable. And be appreciative that there's a whole community of fellow toynerds dedicated to the goofy things we all love and cherish.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:49 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

While I appreciate the argument/fact that the sub helped spread the cost of new tooling for the Unleashed Doomsday, and that with out the sub, that cost can't be spread out over the cost of the sub figures..... That shouldn't mean the figure is dead in the ground.

Surely, if Mattel chose to release a brand new, one off figure for a con or as a seasonal special item, all on it's own budget, then that could mean we could see the unleashed Doomsday?

Done as a one off holiday product, a two pack with Unleashed Doomsday and light blue suited Superman could be put out with it's own budget, un-related to the now finished sub?

I mean, how else do they ever get the go ahead for brand new tooling for new items in the first place, at some stage management must say, yeah, ok, here's a budget for an untested one off item for a con/special item? We know this has happened just by looking at past items!

Parts of the Doomsday are already tooled, the Superman would be a repaint, and it could easily be done. As much as I'm sad that the line had to go from retail to online, then from online to the grave, I still hope to see a rebirth in a couple of years. But any special pack as I've stated above can be done as one offs, just as many other toy companies do with their licences.

I think we all can agree that such a 2-pack would sell through, and would recoup it's production costs easily, it's just a matter of Mattel wishing to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:04 pm 
declined to be a vampire

elvis8batman wrote:
While I appreciate the argument/fact that the sub helped spread the cost of new tooling for the Unleashed Doomsday, and that with out the sub, that cost can't be spread out over the cost of the sub figures..... That shouldn't mean the figure is dead in the ground.

Surely, if Mattel chose to release a brand new, one off figure for a con or as a seasonal special item, all on it's own budget, then that could mean we could see the unleashed Doomsday?

Done as a one off holiday product, a two pack with Unleashed Doomsday and light blue suited Superman could be put out with it's own budget, un-related to the now finished sub?

I mean, how else do they ever get the go ahead for brand new tooling for new items in the first place, at some stage management must say, yeah, ok, here's a budget for an untested one off item for a con/special item? We know this has happened just by looking at past items!

Parts of the Doomsday are already tooled, the Superman would be a repaint, and it could easily be done. As much as I'm sad that the line had to go from retail to online, then from online to the grave, I still hope to see a rebirth in a couple of years. But any special pack as I've stated above can be done as one offs, just as many other toy companies do with their licences.

I think we all can agree that such a 2-pack would sell through, and would recoup it's production costs easily, it's just a matter of Mattel wishing to do it.

I would absolutely, positively buy a light blue Superman/Doomsday Unleashed two pack. Without hesitation.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:12 pm 
ABS

The two pack of Superman vs. Unleashed Doomsday is a great idea, I surely would prefer a light blue Superman but NOT battle damaged. It would be a terrible waste to finally get a light blue Superman with battle damaged. In the comic he was undamaged against Doomsday for at least 75% of the original fight.

Edit, that light blue Batman was ruined with that scar across his chest, we don't need to revisit that blunder.

Last edited by Superpowers1980 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:43 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Superpowers1980 wrote:
The two pack of Superman vs. Unleashed Doomsday is a great idea, but I surely would prefer a light blue Superman but NOT battle damaged. It would be a terrible waste to finally get a light blue Superman with battle damaged. In the comic he was undamaged against Doomsday for at least 75% of the fight.

Agreed !! If we knew we'd be getting the light blue version as a separate repaint (with maybe Super Powers Batman and WW), then battle damaged in the suggested 2pk would be ok. But if this 2pk were ever to be offered, I'd want the superman in light blue and not battle damaged.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:05 am 
Aspires to be #1

Battle damaged is really the dumbest variant ever conceived. If you want a figure to look like that, then take a knife to it when you get home.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:21 am 
ABS

Want doomsday in a two pack with superman. Make it a four pack with bruce and diana in clad in superpowers colors and I'd pay 100 dollars right there, I want them all

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I want Doomsday only.
I don't need yet another Superman repaint.
Besides, I don't think he was wearing that particular costume when they fought was he? It's been so long, I can't remember.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:06 pm 
ABS

The light blue costume was used, it would be great to finally get it since so many want it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:13 am 
Cold-cast

elvis8batman wrote:

I mentioned this idea before months ago for the Tier 2 Doomsday.

Clayface wrote:
I was in it for Doomsday. Knowing that we would never make it to tier 2. Wishful thinking maybe? But I agree, if they would have made the Unleashed Doomsday Tier 1, do or die & maybe charge a bit more for him we could have possibly made it. It seems like most people looked at Unleashed Doomsday as once again " dangling the carrot " in front of us. I saw people post that on forums. I really think it just irritated some collectors to the point that they didn't want to subscribe because they knew if they did the sub might make it to tier 1 ( not tier 2 ) So they would be stuck with a Doomsday they didn't want. Like I said before, I wouldn't mind having both versions. I hope some way mattel finds a way to release them. I still think that character can somehow goto retail in a box set with Superman. I think Doomsday is well known enough that he will sell. Like I mentioned before, even if a kid doesn't know him, they will be buying a Superman figure & a " monster " figure. Kids love monster type toys.

Then came the posts filled with reasons why it wouldn't work or just couldn't be done. Also it was stated that neither of the Doomsday figures were tooled yet. So I wouldn't count on mattel doing a box set.

BTW I read people's posts that Doomsday was going to be released on matty. But I have yet to read it " officially " I saw the announcement about them releasing the already tooled figures like, Damien Wayne, Ice, etc.... But where was it mentioned that Doomsday is being released? Can someone post a link to that announcement?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:51 am 
Aspires to be #1

It was announced at the same time the others were. I don't remember where I read it now. Probably the front page here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next