Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DCUC / Club IE thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:39 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Pics are here: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/matt ... el-roundup

And here: http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... a-wrap-up/

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

shabbyblue wrote:
I am now confident that it wont even reach tier 1 this year. The rest of the 2013 lineup is not setting well with a lot of people (with Batzarro being a big F U from Mattel) and making the classic Doomsday a tier 2 isnt going to gain more subscribers. I think it will lose more than it would have gained when you consider how many were planning to sign up JUST for Doomsday and now wont even bother since tier 2 has no realistic chance of being hit.

"I really want this other, more expensive-to-produce version of the figure, but I think Tier 2 has no chance of being hit. So why even bother trying!"

If people really respond that way, then the sub deserves to die and those people deserve to not get the Doomsday they want.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

j1h15233 wrote:
Tier 2 Doomsday will replace Tier 1.

Is that confirmed? I thought the idea of tier 2 was an increased budget to produce MORE oversized figs. So hitting tier 2 should mean getting both versions of Doomsday, not one replacing the other.

So if whst you say is true, then what about the minority of people who would prefer to get the containment version? I guess they will have to hope for the sub NOT to reach tier 2, which is just stupid.

Once again, Mattel has f'd up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:46 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:
shabbyblue wrote:
I am now confident that it wont even reach tier 1 this year. The rest of the 2013 lineup is not setting well with a lot of people (with Batzarro being a big F U from Mattel) and making the classic Doomsday a tier 2 isnt going to gain more subscribers. I think it will lose more than it would have gained when you consider how many were planning to sign up JUST for Doomsday and now wont even bother since tier 2 has no realistic chance of being hit.

"I really want this other, more expensive-to-produce version of the figure, but I think Tier 2 has no chance of being hit. So why even bother trying!"

If people really respond that way, then the sub deserves to die and those people deserve to not get the Doomsday they want.

The real question is what about the people who get excited about the version we've never gotten. Knowing they could sign up, and their addition could keep them from getting it.

I think the way they are doing it is a bit messed up.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:59 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Joe G. wrote:
The front page has the club exclusives reversed. Tier 1 is Doomsday in the containment suit, Tier 2 is 'Doomsday Unleashed'.

I didn't see anything here that lit a fire under me to order the sub for next year. And Batzarro is a waste of a slot when they could've put Ice in there to make sure she gets out there. Stunned there's no Mera.

Any Flash- or Titans-related characters that show up I'll get day-of-sale, but otherwise I'm out.

I agree, ICE should be in December in place of Batzarro.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:02 pm 
Aspires to be #1

shabbyblue wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
Tier 2 Doomsday will replace Tier 1.

Is that confirmed? I thought the idea of tier 2 was an increased budget to produce MORE oversized figs. So hitting tier 2 should mean getting both versions of Doomsday, not one replacing the other.

So if whst you say is true, then what about the minority of people who would prefer to get the containment version? I guess they will have to hope for the sub NOT to reach tier 2, which is just stupid.

Once again, Mattel has f'd up.

That's what I got from the video but it was really hard to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm 
shirtless hugger

Check out TG's response to a question from June 19th here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3441044647/m/5851029728

Quote:
Only the sub figure at the tier reached will be in the 2014 sub. There isn't a slot in the sub for a second oversized figure. I think it will be a bit clearer when we show both figures at our fan panel at 11:00 on Friday July 19th. The figures are kinda related to each other in a way and one could "cancel" the other out, if you will, should we reach tier 2 sub holder level.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
An Insider

Joe G. wrote:

THANK you.

Bunger43 wrote:
The real question is what about the people who get excited about the version we've never gotten. Knowing they could sign up, and their addition could keep them from getting it.

I think the way they are doing it is a bit messed up.

That's a fair point, every "vote" for one version is by default a vote for the other one too.

But the people wanting the Tier 1 version should rest easy, as this line has historically barely had enough subscribers to justify its own existence, let alone a bunch of new tooling.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:56 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I already have a Doomsday figure, so I'm not that thrilled about the club exclusive.
Add Granny Goodness to the 2014 line up and then I think that the Club Subscriptions will reach at least tier 1.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:00 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

According to the ongoing Mattel DC panel, a 4 inch DC line with 14 points of articulation is coming. Doesn't sound like it'll be a classic version though.

It'll be called DC Multiverse and will feature characters based on "movies, comics, and games."

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
An Insider

Shellhead wrote:
According to the ongoing Mattel DC panel, a 4 inch DC line with 14 points of articulation is coming. Doesn't sound like it'll be a classic version though.

It'll be called DC Multiverse and will feature characters based on "movies, comics, and games."

Kinda sounds like what we've already got. Just hope the quality is better than those 4" DC Collectible Green Lanterns.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:05 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

This is from Mattel, though, not DC Direct. Meaning, it'll be on shelves.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:11 pm 
An Insider

Shellhead wrote:
This is from Mattel, though, not DC Direct. Meaning, it'll be on shelves.

While I do get your point, the idea that "Mattel" means something will be on shelves is still funny to me. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm 
ABS

I'd pay 50 dollars alone for doomsday I don't understand why they don't just offer him outside of the sub in the version we all know and want. Im signing up for the 2014 sub anyway because Aquaman, Ice, and superboy just look pretty amazing. I can't wait. Either way, Im still getting one version of doomsday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:39 pm 
declined to be a vampire

joeace wrote:
I already have a Doomsday figure, so I'm not that thrilled about the club exclusive.
Add Granny Goodness to the 2014 line up and then I think that the Club Subscriptions will reach at least tier 1.

I get where you are coming from, but I've never liked that DCSH Doomsday. It just never looked right in size. I'm thrilled about both of those. I'm kind of disappointed we can't have both :( On the flip side, Granny Goodness wouldn't be enough for me to sign up.

It is what it is.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next