Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 41  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
You know what guys, I wish you were getting these in 6 in. Just like I wish I could get the 66 Batman in 4 in. I wish I could get a real Bane, Hawk Girl, Ivy, Metallo, Ares, Grundy, Huntress, or freaking Harley in 4 in. But I can't. There are a ton of Marvel Legends I wish that I could get in MU form from Hasbro. But the fact is, I probably won't. That's collecting. This is one line I never thought in a million years that I'd see and I for one am thrilled. Even for Reeves Supes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:18 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:43 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Portage, MI
Is there an "actual" DCM4 thread where we could talk about the line itself without listening to or stopping the (understandable) complaints of 6" fans? That way people could come here and rage against the announcement and snub, and other people could go to the official thread and say things like, "Oooh! A 4" Penguin! Finally!" and "I hope they make a sweet-looking Poison Ivy or Original-Costume-Harley" without having every other post decry the 4" scale as pathetic.

_________________
I'm an action figure collector; OCD comes with the territory...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:28 pm 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Mattel's new DC Multiverse line, I am not a video game or movie fan so I am hoping that wave 3 will be comic book versions even if they are DC Elseworlds related. If those movie figures were in the 6" scale I would not buy them. In the 4" scale I am more likely to get them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 am 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 903
Since this "Multiverse" line seems like it could be pretty broad, I wonder if we'll be getting some of the unreleased Infinite Heroes like Harley, Hawkgirl or Poison Ivy. They're already comic versions and I believe the tooling is done already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:16 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
stewbacca wrote:
The only ones demanding movie masters is that small population that actually collects movie master-- which Im sorry- is probably even smaller number than the JLU collectors..


Every 6 inch scale collector that I know, and I can read about right now (movie master collector or not), demand this figure in the 6 inch OR movie Master scale, you're just completely wrong on this point.


stewbacca wrote:
which Im sorry- is probably even smaller number than the JLU collectors..


Probably? That just mean that you THINK it is. That must be the reason we still got Movie Masters and JLU is long gone (and I'm a JLU collector too).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:23 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
stewbacca wrote:
for crying out loud you can still find movie masters from the Dark Knight and Green lantern at stores. And there is a reason that GL couldnt even finish the line off-


So being able to find any specific figure in a specific stores is your entire point for judging any toy line? Well, about GL, I have the complete line. It was finished. And that's not the point anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
Jester wrote:
Since this "Multiverse" line seems like it could be pretty broad, I wonder if we'll be getting some of the unreleased Infinite Heroes like Harley, Hawkgirl or Poison Ivy. They're already comic versions and I believe the tooling is done already.


THAT, I would buy in a heartbeat. That's what we are begging Mattel to produce for years, a comic based 4 inch line.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
batfink wrote:
Quote:
Every single movie masters figure ever sat on the pegs for years (I dont consider Batman '66 movie masters)-- for crying out loud you can still find movie masters from the Dark Knight and Green lantern at stores.


I love this rationale. The 1966 Batman is Movie Masters, despite the fact that it does not fit your argument. The Green Lantern movie bombed, and so did the figures. In ALL scales. The Dark Knight MM figures sold well enough to keep them in stores for years and throughout all three movies. I would consider that a success. Again, just because the other cases sold out and there are figures left...does not mean the line is a failure.

Movie Masters has spawned countless figures, two excellent vehicles (Batpod and Batmobile) and has plenty of legs for the future. Unless you have some secret Mattel sales figures that you could share, the idea that MM is not selling is just conjecture, correct?


Agree. Not to mention that, there IS a Adam West/Batman movie besides the TV series. I thought that everyone knew that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:51 am 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
There's just one more thing that I would like to say, that's a collector forum, it should be OK to come here and talk about any frustration about any toy line. I just don't understand why some guys look pissed about it.

I would really like to see if Mattel just changed the scale of the last JLU figures for no reason ... :roll:

Just take a look at some opinions at other sites I've read today:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2013/10 ... ovies-wave

"I struggle to shake off the notion that this is not a friendly move towards collectors who supported the movie and TV figures in the existing 6-inch scale."

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=353&itemid=21195

Read the comments on the bottom of the page


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 am 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Earth
Since this line is dubbed the DC Comics Multiverse line, I guess we can safely assume Mattel won't bother producing 4" scale versions of figures from their other licenses? Namely, no 4" scale Ghostbusters line? All they'd have to do is downscale the existing sculpts of the 6" versions. Then maybe give us a smaller scale, more affordable Ecto-1 to go with them.

The same could be said for the Back to the Future license they are completely squandering. Just give us a 4" Marty and Doc and a Delorean to go with them, since apparently it's too costly to offer a 6" scale line to go with that Hoverboard accessory. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:35 am 
User avatar
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Posts: 51
Magog wrote:
There's just one more thing that I would like to say, that's a collector forum, it should be OK to come here and talk about any frustration about any toy line. I just don't understand why some guys look pissed about it.

I certainly don't think anyone has a problem with voicing opinions. I know I don't. My issue is the assumption that these will flop, no one wants them, forget about this scale and go to the only scale that matters. I have been yearning for this exact thing since I was 8. I only (well...not ONLY, but...) Collect 3.75/4 inch figures. Almost to the man, we 'shorties' have said our heart breaks for you. I will be behind you guys if you push for your OWN Reeves Superman. We still want ours.

DISCLAIMER: I apologize if I misunderstood your statements. I take full responsibility if that's the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:49 am 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 412
There is a very simple solution to all of this. Release two Movie Masters 6 inch scale 2 packs on Mattycollector.com.

Michael Keaton Batman / Jack Nicholson Joker

Chris Reeve Superman / Terrence Stamp Zod

Every single Movie Masters figure sold out in a day last time Mattel offered them on their website. It's a win / win. Mattel quiets the fanboys and makes truckloads of money on top of it.

If that works out well then Mattel could keep it going online or as convention exclusives. I will be surprised if we don't see something like this announced at NYTF in January or SDCC at the latest. I just don't see how Mattel could lose money on those figures, even if they are priced higher than normal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:39 pm 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Brazil
batfink wrote:
There is a very simple solution to all of this. Release two Movie Masters 6 inch scale 2 packs on Mattycollector.com.

Michael Keaton Batman / Jack Nicholson Joker

Chris Reeve Superman / Terrence Stamp Zod

Every single Movie Masters figure sold out in a day last time Mattel offered them on their website. It's a win / win. Mattel quiets the fanboys and makes truckloads of money on top of it.

If that works out well then Mattel could keep it going online or as convention exclusives. I will be surprised if we don't see something like this announced at NYTF in January or SDCC at the latest. I just don't see how Mattel could lose money on those figures, even if they are priced higher than normal.


I totally agree, but for some reason, Toy Guru said that's not an option. All he answers is, "not at mattycollector.com". Probably because that would let the collectors really happy, and that's against Mattell politics.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/fo ... 6131077548


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:17 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 412
:roll: Of course not. LOL

Thanks for posting that link, I hadn't seen it before. This makes absolutely no sense at all, since the Ghostbusters and Dark Knight figures were on Mattycollector.com.

But hey, at least Mattel has always been consistent about one thing -- always being clueless and nonsensical about the DC lines. I think whoever at Mattel made this weird rule has a bright future ahead of them in the United States Congress.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:10 pm 
User avatar
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 408
Location: South Carolina
I'm actually surprised that TG didn't use the "we tried two packs with the Young Justice figures and there's just not enough interest" line.


Jake wrote:
I certainly don't think anyone has a problem with voicing opinions. I know I don't. My issue is the assumption that these will flop, no one wants them, forget about this scale and go to the only scale that matters. I have been yearning for this exact thing since I was 8. I only (well...not ONLY, but...) Collect 3.75/4 inch figures. Almost to the man, we 'shorties' have said our heart breaks for you. I will be behind you guys if you push for your OWN Reeves Superman. We still want ours.


This! 1000%.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 41  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.047s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]