Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:15 am 
Fugitive Dust

No one knows if Mattel is catering to Mom's or not, either way it isn't worth the gamble. People who buy movie based toys, especially ones who buy stuff from 20+ year old properties aren't kids of today, it is the collectors and we do make significant headway into the corporate purse. Neca is a small company but it is strictly collector focused and they are successful even with having to pay licenses. Mattel has been very successful with Movie Masters the way they have been, of all the MOS and Batman products the Movie Masters tend to sell the best and their Batman 66 line is a huge hit. For a company just to up make this change is insane and fans of the product have every right to make their voices heard, complaining or not. I don't know if this change came from Scott or some other corporate head but I couldn't imagine that if they ever got around to making MOTU movie figures that they would make them out of scale with the current line.

Seriously, it just seems that the people who either didn't like the MM line and never really collected it are the ones who are attacking the fans who do collect the line, if you don't collect it them your points have almost zero merit, you never put into it and there is still no reason for the change especially considering they are continuing with 6 inch figures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:25 am 
Fugitive Dust

Yeah and they need to update that Reeve Superman, that smirk and gooey, thick and too big S is disgusting. In the pics Superman is looking up instead of straight forward, I hope that isn't going to make it into retail, the Movie Masters Joker suffers from the same problem, but people have been mum on it, I guess out of appreciation for the fact that those figures were made. Seriously, how did they conclude that that design was ok and showcased it and the convention like that?....what morons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:56 pm 
MINT!

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
When complaints about scale alone (not the quality of the figures, which is totally on-topic) take up more than half the thread, is the thread really about the line in question anymore? Some of us who want to discuss the figures are finding the atmosphere on the thread hostile, even if the hostility isn't directed at us. I don't enjoy hanging around a bunch of angry people IRL, whether they're angry at me or not.

Hear, hear!

Quote:
Back on-topic: I have to agree that the Reeves Superman S-shield looks more than a little rubbery, which isn't movie accurate. Must it be sculpted? Couldn't it just be a paint app? How close to the retail releases are these figures?

Again, I agree. The sculpted "S" was the only negative thing about the Superman to me. I wonder if it will come out so pronounced in the final version? That movie costume definitely had a one-dimensional symbol.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 pm 
Cold-cast

I can live with the raised shield. My concern with him is that he doesn't appear to have knee joints. I'm hoping that's just because it's a prototype though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:19 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I have been told that these were demos and ALL multiverse figures will have equivalent articulation. Take that with a grain of salt as I believe it to be an educated guess. Still... It makes sense and explains the "awkward S"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Excellent. I love the printed emblems on the figures. It'll be nice to have a Reeve Superman with the proper "S" on his chest. That used to bug the snot out of me when I was a kid that my figures' emblems were "wrong."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:42 pm 
Infinite Hero

Titan Speck wrote:
I can live with the raised shield. My concern with him is that he doesn't appear to have knee joints. I'm hoping that's just because it's a prototype though.

If you look closely, the elbow joints seem to be sculpted, not actual articulation. I think this is just an early paint master. articulation will follow.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:10 pm 
shirtless hugger

After mulling this over a bit, I guess the 4" scale at least lends itself to the possibility of vehicles and playsets. A Burton Batmobile and Penguin's duck vehicle would be awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 am 
Infinite Hero

I don't expect vehicles or playsets in this line.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 am 
active in the community

If that WERE the case (no vehicles).....that would irk me even further, to be honest. As in, why even bother, if you're not going to give us in scaled vehicles?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'm surprised you guys expect vehicles. When is the last time they made vehicles for a line that wasn't fisher price or imaginext? The JLU javelin maybe? Or did Brave and the bold have some? I honestly don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 am 
active in the community

j1h15233 wrote:
I'm surprised you guys expect vehicles. When is the last time they made vehicles for a line that wasn't fisher price or imaginext? The JLU javelin maybe? Or did Brave and the bold have some? I honestly don't know.

Batman Evergreen had vehicles. Two Batmobiles, and a Batcave playset and some smaller vehicles.

Batman 66 has a Batmobile.

TDK had the Batpod.

LOTS of vehicles out there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 am 
Aspires to be #1

Sounds like lots of Batmobiles out there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 am 
active in the community

..........pretty much, yeah. That's about it. Playmates puts a ton of vehicles out for their Turtles line.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:53 am 
Mint on Card

They didn't do any vehicles during the Infinite Heroes line either. I'd love for them to do some for this line but I want to see them do multiple series of figures first.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next