Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:55 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Freeze's armor reminds me of the movie, but the head is definitely BTAS. Still, it is acceptable compared to no Freeze figure in this scale at all.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:10 pm 
serves the Otter

I wonder why EE and BBTS haven't put the next wave with Superman and Catwoman up for preoder yet. This current wave with Keaton Batman went up for preorder way back in February and is just now hitting stores. So why no solicitations yet for the next wave? Isn't it supposed to be released later this summer? I'm nervous about its availability in stores with all these Keaton Batman and Zod figures potentially clogging the pegs for the rest of the year, so I want to guarantee I get Superman and Catwoman by just ordering them thru BBTS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:06 am 
Brand Manager

shabbyblue wrote:
I wonder why EE and BBTS haven't put the next wave with Superman and Catwoman up for preoder yet. This current wave with Keaton Batman went up for preorder way back in February and is just now hitting stores. So why no solicitations yet for the next wave? Isn't it supposed to be released later this summer? I'm nervous about its availability in stores with all these Keaton Batman and Zod figures potentially clogging the pegs for the rest of the year, so I want to guarantee I get Superman and Catwoman by just ordering them thru BBTS.

You should ask the retail team on Mattycollector......

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

shabbyblue wrote:
... so I want to guarantee I get Superman and Catwoman by just ordering them thru BBTS.

C'mon, shabby, you've been around long enough to know that a pre-order isn't a guarantee, how many times have JLU and DCUC pre-orders gotten cancelled in the last five or six years?

PBateman wrote:
You should ask the retail team on Mattycollector......

When was the last time they answered a question?... Was it June or July of last year? I've stopped checking because all I ever find are pissed off posts from people wanting to know why they aren't answering.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:44 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I broke down and got the penguin from TRU today- (only because I had some reward dollars that were expiring in the next week).

Have to say although his scale is off- its one of the nicer sculpted figures out of them (and blows the "Keaton" out of the water)- and that's always more important to me (and I mix my stuff altogether so its never that noticeable)--- But they also made the stupid umbrella handle to thick to even fit in his hands-another accessory right into the "box"--

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:32 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I finally found some of the Wave 2 figures at Target today. I picked up masked Batman but left Zod--only because I've already purchased Zod from Amazon. No Penguin, unfortunately. Scale issues aside, there are too few Penguin figures out there.

I have to say that the masked Keaton Batman is a disappointment, but it's not as horrible as it could have been. The face of the old Hasbro Dark Knight/Batman Returns version is much more Keaton-esque, though. At least I got him for $9.99.

I have to say that I miss the golden age of buying whole cases of figures from about five years ago. Those were the days... now we get a trickle at best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm 
Cold-cast

What is the deal with the Penguin. I want one for his coat so I can make my BTAS Penguin more show accurate. I can't find him anywhere. Went to 4 Walmarts 2nite & only see Zod & Masked Batman. Is Penguin one per case or in case pack 2 or something?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I only found Penguin at TRU and there was at least 4 on the 2 pegs. not sure if it was one or two cases. But they were just put out overnight and there was 3 or 4 of everyone except maskless Batman which was only one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:44 am 
Brand Manager

Target and Walmart cases do not have Penguin and TRU cases do from what i have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

It is the same way Deadshot was in the first wave-- after all the initial reports about a month later he was seen in WalMart-- don't know if he ever even made it to target.. My guess it is an unspoken exclusive window..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:48 am 
Cold-cast

Thanx everyone for the info.

But I saw a Penguin at Walmart last week when I bought Batman. Maybe a Penguin case went to the wrong chain? I wish that I would have bought him then. I was even willing to suck it up & pay the $14.99 Toys R Us is charging. I called every one in my area (5) & no one has the Penguin. Unlike most times when you call a store, the associates all knew what I was talking about. Because at every store after they looked, all of them got back on the phone & said we only have Zod. He definitely is a peg warmer. Why would they release Zod before the Reeves Superman anyway? That really makes no sense. Oh right, mattel :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm 

I really think this was the best Zod ever committed to film, which is why everyone wants figures of him. Thing is they screwed up the scale, as usual.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm 
An Insider

LordMudd wrote:
I really think this was the best Zod ever committed to film, which is why everyone wants figures of him. Thing is they screwed up the scale, as usual.

CCC.

I returned Zod and Batman because they were out of scale with my other DC figures. A real shame about the Penguin being too tall, I was looking forward to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:32 am 

joeace wrote:
LordMudd wrote:

CCC.

I returned Zod and Batman because they were out of scale with my other DC figures. A real shame about the Penguin being too tall, I was looking forward to him.

Likewise. I am keeping the Zod just because I like him and I might get the Catwoman if she looks good enough, but I won't get Penguin even if I do see one, which I haven't.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:22 am 
Hat Pooper

I picked up masked Batman, Penguin & Zod at TRU. They even price matched Toywiz.com for $9.99 each!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next