Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

jediblood wrote:
I picked up masked Batman, Penguin & Zod at TRU. They even price matched Toywiz.com for $9.99 each!

Nice!!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:22 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Found both Keaton Batman figures and Zod last night. Picked up the Batman with cowl. No Penguin, but there was Mr. Freeze. This store had been out of this line for at least 3 months, so not really sure what the case breakdown is on these.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 pm 
MINT!

KNEEL before ZOD!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:53 pm 
MINT!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:30 pm 
Cold-cast

So I finally found the Penguin. Been calling all Toys R Us in my area after work & one of
the stores finally got these back in. They had one Penguin, so I'm not sure if he is one
per case or what? Anyway, it was the store totally out of the way for me so I asked them
to hold it since it would take me 40 minutes to get there. We were having a major storm
but I braved the weather & went anyway. Got there & the power was out in the entire plaza.
Man, was I going to be pizzed. The doors were open so I walked in & explained why I was
there. They were running on back up generators & were still letting people shop. It was
an odd experience. But I guess greed to make money overcame a blackout...lol Oddest
thing though, the registers weren't up. So they gave me this hand written receipt.

They wouldn't match Big Bad Toy Stores, or Toywiz's price. I had a receipt for the Batman
I bought at Walmart for $9.99 & they didn't care. I wasn't going to pay $14.99 for this
Penguin. That price is ridiculous! So I complained enough & the girl ended up accepting that
they were on Walmart's website for $9.99 even though it wasn't the Penguin.

What a pain, All this just for a figure I just want the coat from to make my BTAS Penguin look
more cartoon accurate! lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:47 am 
MINT!

Wow!!! I'm sure the stores around here would be too lazy to do stuff by hand anymore. They would just close the entire store.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:16 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I found out that TRU initiated their low price guarantee here to drive Children's Palace out of the market, which they did a long time ago. Then they stopped honoring it. I found the first DS9 figures at Target on sale but couldn't get all of them. I forget now what the price was. I took that receipt to TRU, who still did not have them in and ask if they would match it when they did get them. They said no. A week later I found them at Walmart. I got some more and told the girl at the register what Target's price was. She cheerily matched it without needing to see anything. I then took that receipt to TRU and repeated my question, which got the same response, and not only did they not have any of the figures, it was several more weeks before they did, and they ended up clearancing them because everyone had already bought what they wanted at Target and Walmart. It was many years before I shopped at TRU again, usually I just went in to look and then searched other stores for what I saw there. I am still not in a hurry to test them again.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:00 am 
Cold-cast

Clayface's story is the reason I quit "the hunt" a couple of years ago. I used to think I was saving on shipping by going to the stores to buy the figures, but really I was just racking up hundreds in gas bills by driving endlessly around the city, most of the time for nothing. The "Pile of Loot" option at Big Bad Toy Store is much more time and cost efficient.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 am 
Cold-cast

batfink wrote:
Clayface's story is the reason I quit "the hunt" a couple of years ago.
I used to think I was saving on shipping by going to the stores to buy the figures, but
really I was just racking up hundreds in gas bills by driving endlessly around the city,
most of the time for nothing. The "Pile of Loot" option at Big Bad Toy Store is much more
time and cost efficient.

I agree, I haven't really hunted for anything & mainly stopped collecting at retail after JLU
because of the gas wasted & headaches of " the hunt. " But when these multiverse figures
came out I wanted a few of them. I made it a rule not to go out of my way to get them.
If I am at a store for something else, I'll look. I found Batman at Walmart when I was
shopping for other things. There's a mall/plaza literally 2 minutes from where I work with
Toys R us, Target, & Walmart, so it's not wasting gas to go there everyday & look for this
Penguin & Imaginext Poison Ivy/Scarecrow. Target in that plaza never gets them in, Walmart
Just gets Zod, Batman, Freeze & Deadshot. There case doesn't contain the Penguin. I heard
here that Toys R Us is the only one that gets him. I was tired of going to that close Toys R Us
& seeing the same 12 figures on the shelf. I was just going to buy Penguin on ebay but they are
going for too much. A loose one I was bidding on went for $18 plus shipping. So I decided to
just start calling all the Toys R Us around me everyday.

If I had just wanted this figure, I wouldn't have done this & went out of the way for it. But there
was a bigger picture behind this. Like I mentioned above, I wanted the coat for the BTAS Penguin.
Kenner did a nice job on the Penguin in the 90's. The sculpt was on point. Unfortunately, they did
a terrible job with his coat. It was cloth & didn't even look his jacket from the show. I've had an
extra one in a my " projects to get to " box for awhile now that I was going to actually sculpt the
coat on. Getting this Penguin saved me so much time. So getting this figure was more about
continuing to complete my BTAS collection. That is what is really important to me, more so than
collecting any line now.

For the record, Toys R Us seems to be funny about those price matches. I read on here that people had them match prices from online stores, but this Toys R Us wouldn't do that. Everything Toys R US is pretty much overpriced. The only reason I shopped there at all was because everyone here said Penguin was exclusive to them?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 pm 
declined to be a vampire

That Batman figure looks like a pile of garbage.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:15 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

The other day I saw 2 (or maybe 3) Penguin figures in a case WalMart put out. I know for sure there were at least 2 in the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:08 pm 
Cold-cast

Here's the only reason I wanted the Multiverse Penguin.
Just so I could use the coat to make my BTAS version
cartoon accurate. As usual mattel dropped the ball & made
that DeVito Penguin way too tall. But at least the coat is
useful for something cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:14 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

looks great clayface!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:40 am 
Mint on Card

Very cool Clayface. I like it. I was never too big on cloth coats for action figures because they never turn out well in my opinion.

With SDCC about a month away, I'm curious to see if Mattel is planning on expanding the line.

Is this line just going to be comprised of movie and video game figures or was there ever any mention of this line expanding to include comic based versions of the DCU?

I'm just curious. I'm not sure I ever saw any confirmation on this. If there was sorry I just missed it.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:03 pm 
Cold-cast

Thanx for the compliment guys! The cape on the Combat
belt Batman was done very well with cloth. But The Penguin get up
definitely left something to be desired. One step closer in making my
BTAS collection accurate to the animation.

As far as this multiverse line goes though. After the Reeves Superman, I think
that I'm pretty much done. These figures are just too small to capture the
likenesses of these characters. I was really excited for the unmasked Keaton
before it came out. Once I saw it, I was very disappointed. The masked Batman
even leaves something to be desired. I may now have to agree with all the irritated
6 inch collectors. This movie line probably should have been done in the 6 inch scale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 42  Next