Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: DC Comics Multiverse 4" line thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:40 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I feel the pain of all you 6" collectors who feel you're getting the shaft here. I do. I wish that there were enough toy dollars in the market to sell to both scales.

That said, as a 4" collector who strongly prefers the scale for reasons of cost, storage, and vehicles/playsets, I'm really looking forward to those movie versions. I'd prefer a comic or TV Penguin at 4", but I'll take DeVito if it means I can have a 4" Penguin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 pm 
active in the community

Honestly, I could shake whoever felt it was a good idea to do them in 4 inch. It's stupid, and inconsiderate to the fans. Yeah, I get it..it's cheaper. But you've already established a size. 6 inch Movie Masters. That's what we're accustomed to. that's what we expect. Not to mention, we've been pleading and begging for years for Movie Masters of these versions. It's almost a deliberate slap in the face, and complete disregard to us. Not even a poll. "Hey guys, if we were to do this, would you want them in the established scale..or....4 inch?".

Idiots, whoever thought this was a good idea, and I hope they read this. YOU'RE IDIOTS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:08 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'll take those Burton Batman figs anyway I can get them, but I agree these should have been 6 inch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm 
active in the community

It is pretty much a unanimous opinion across the board (with a few exceptions): Mattel REALLY screwed up with this one. I understand that ToyGuru feels that the most vocal are the loudest. This case he is wrong. People are LIVID on every forum I'm visiting about the scale on these. People WANT to be able to stand their Keaton Batman next to their Bale Batman, or Reeve Superman next to Cavill. I've not been a complainer of Mattel's decisions. For the most part, I've been happy. This one is beyond infuriating, and I have no clue--can't even fathom--how they thought this would go over well. They are rightfully getting insane amounts of backlash over this pleeple poor decision.

Like I said, a poll could have perhaps could have alleviated all of this. Ridiculous decision making, for whatever the inane, idiotic reasoning might be. Inexcusable and unjustifiable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:00 pm 

I wonder if Mattel is just doing this to work up the fans so that a post-Christmas reveal of 6" Movie Masters will sell better, AND so that some fans will try them out in the 4" scale...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 pm 
active in the community

I just don't see how that would benefit them ANY, but I hope that would be the case. I'm not saying 4 inch fans shouldn't be able to get theirs. But come on. We ALL can see why this by itself is a bad idea. Except for maybe Mattel...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:08 pm 

I'll totally agree that movie figures that would seem to appeal more to adults than kids make a lot more sense in a 6" scale. What kid today cares about having a Chris Reeve Superman, specifically?

That said, THIS kid is pretty excited. I haven't been "able" to buy DC figures for a long time, and the Happy Meal Toys of the last three or four movies don't count.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Definitely impressed with the detail on these for such a small scale. That Reeve Superman is a thing of beauty. I'll be buying all the figures in this 2nd wave, but really want 6" counterparts too. :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:07 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:10 am 
Loose, Missing Package

SDcomics wrote:

Beginning to believe that Mike's account has been hijacked by Gomez Addams...

:wink: :P :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

There is limited articulation in theses new movie masters sculpts, which makes things cheaper. So why the heck were these not done with this limited articulation but in the 6" scale we have all been requesting???

I can only repeat what everyone else is saying, and that is we want these versions of these characters in the existing Movie Masters scale to fit in with all the others we have brought over the years. They can't expect us to believe that making these figures in 6" would be anymore costly than the Batman 66' line they have just released (which also had unique, individual sculpts on each character), as these sculpts have less articulation than the 66' sculpts, which saves on the tooling costs.

Yes, we know toy manufacturing prices have gone up, we know figures will cost more at retail, but we have shown we accept this and are willing to pay the current prices if the figures are what we've been asking for. So Mattel, well done on actually listening to fans character choices... but massive fail on the execution of the scale of these figures. They should've been 6", and we still want them in 6"!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

These figures are so cool! I was not interested in the line until I saw the Batman Returns figures. I really want the Penguin and Catmwoman.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:38 am 
ABS

I avoided this thread because I had no interest whatsoever in the 4 inch line, but I came just to read the thread and I have been knocked to the floor.

RANT TIME:

That Superman is so close yet so far away, what is up with that gooey, thick S shield on his chest and what is up with the smirk. He looks like a cocky jerk-off with that smirk. Seriously can Mattel do anything right anymore? No one wants these in 4 inch scale, you build this line of 6 inch movie and TV show figures and then you take the heaviest hitters (Superman and Batman movies) and pull this insane stunt. As a stone cold Superman fan I am completely disgusted. Like the person who said it before me, whoever made this decision is an idiot.

Man I have never seen a company with all the potential make such considerable blunders. It is like having a child who you know is smart but brings home D's all the time because they just flat out refuse to do right.....ugh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:23 am 
Cold-cast

The thing that really bothers me: Mattel constantly complains about "not enough fan support" to keep our favorite lines going. But Movie Masters always had overwhelming support online and at retail. So what does Mattel do? Cancel Movie Masters and replace it with the 4 inch Multiverse line. Especially annoying with those great Batman 66 MM figures sitting right next to them in the proper scale.

This is the last time these 4 inch figures will look good. The factory painting process will obliterate all of those nice, tiny details. So well done, Mattel. You destroyed the last successful figure line that the fans loved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next