Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC 6" Total Heroes Retail line
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm 
An Insider

Still $9.99 at the Kmart store I visited. They now have the Hal Jordan and Sinestro case assortments as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:11 pm 
Hat Pooper

Yep in southern Maryland; K-mart-$9.99, TRU - $14.99 and Target they are a no show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 pm 
Resin

Yeah I can say since I work at TRU that they have been raising the price on them at a ridiculous rate. When they first hit our shelves they were $10.99 and they sold really well. Then they raised them to $11.99 and they still moved. They raised them to $12.99 and they slowed down dramatically. Then the last increase went to $14.99 and they have become peg warmers. What's worse is the DC 3 3/4 inch line...they went from $8.99 each to a now staggering $11.99 each at TRU. It's absolutely ridiculous. Yet every other retailer has them between $8.99 and $9.99. All I can say is shop around.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:16 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Even Kroger, A grocery store mind you, has them for only 12.99.

That new CEO at TRU really need to understand if you price yourself out of the market-- your customer base is going to turn into the forgotten birthday shoppers.

I mean they are become almost more overpriced than those Mall Toy stores..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 am 
Resin

I know exactly what you mean about TRU...and just to correct my earlier post the DC Multiverse figures are now at $14.99 each at TRU as well as the Total Heroes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:22 pm 
Resin

It doesn't surprise me that the Total Heroes line isn't at Target -- it would likely compete too much with their exclusive Justice League line.

So far, I've seen it at TRU and Kmart. That's it. No sign of it at Walmart.

But this pricing thing IS ridiculous. Makes one wonder what they're thinking. Seems like a great way to not only kill business, but kill the line.

And, according to a friend of mine, who follows the business side of the toy world much more closely than I do, this is precisely TRU's new strategy, courtesy of their new CEO. Hike the prices as much as possible, and then drop them near Christmas. Apparently their current massive clearance is also part of this.

Sounds to me like a good way to end a lot of toy lines prematurely, and lose a lot of customers that aren't going to bother to come back at Christmas. It's like this guy's never heard of Target and Walmart. Granted, they don't have the best action figure sections in the world, but even so -- this is just plain asinine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm 
Hat Pooper

Just got to K-mart. They usually have good deals on Mattel products (WWE, DC)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:51 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

TrekkerGI wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that the Total Heroes line isn't at Target -- it would likely compete too much with their exclusive Justice League line.

So far, I've seen it at TRU and Kmart. That's it. No sign of it at Walmart.

But this pricing thing IS ridiculous. Makes one wonder what they're thinking. Seems like a great way to not only kill business, but kill the line.

And, according to a friend of mine, who follows the business side of the toy world much more closely than I do, this is precisely TRU's new strategy, courtesy of their new CEO. Hike the prices as much as possible, and then drop them near Christmas. Apparently their current massive clearance is also part of this.

Sounds to me like a good way to end a lot of toy lines prematurely, and lose a lot of customers that aren't going to bother to come back at Christmas. It's like this guy's never heard of Target and Walmart. Granted, they don't have the best action figure sections in the world, but even so -- this is just plain asinine.

My local Walmarts carry this line. I've seen them there twice so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Walmarts seem to be hit or miss with this line.

Some stores have them, some don't. I suppose it depends on if your local store is considered an 'A', 'B', or 'C' grade store.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

It may just be that they're out-of-stock, too. I don't think that the shelf tags say "Total Heroes" or anything similar ("6 IN DC-something-or-another" if I'm remembering right). My store has been going through them rather quickly when they come in which is a real surprise considering I don't think we've sold a single 6" Cap 2 movie figure and only about half a case of the 6" movie Spideys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:26 am 
shirtless hugger

I had planned to pick up a Flash on Amazon, but missed the window where it was $10 before the price jumped to over $30 (!). Luckily I found one yesterday at Kmart for $10. I really like the look of these figures, though I don't think I'm going to collect them outside of Flash-related characters.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:17 am 
Loose, Missing Package

So, TH Cyborg is the SDCC exclusive (and going from the photo, he seems to be about 90% Mr. Freeze re-use)...

John Stewart at Matty
Black Manta at Matty
Cyborg at SDCC/Matty
Micron at Matty
Jason Rusch at Matty

...starting to look like the only way to get the black guys is going to be directly from Mattel... Will the same fate befall Jaime Reyes?...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:46 am 
Tis' but a pup

Black Manta looks awesome

Photo courtesy of Mattel

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:25 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm still trying to figure out why Black Manta was given the deluxe treatment. With the GL Corps and Firestorm the multiple heads make sense, Batman Beyond sorta makes sense but does Black Manta really need to be seen without the helmet or have an alternate head? I bought three of the GLC and I'll buy three of Firestorm so that I can display all of the heads because they are different characters. Batman Beyond I'm still deciding upon because, again, different characters but I don't see a need for more than one of Manta because all three looks are still the same guy.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I was kinda hoping that one of the heads would end up being Kaldur (Young Justice Aqualad) and I could do a swap out that way.

But as it is, yeah, I'll only ever have a need for one.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 30  Next