Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Please, Matty, make 6 inch Keaton Batman too!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:40 pm 
Variant Head

I'm waitting for sooooooo many years to get a 6 inch Keaton Batman, and when Mattel announce it. It will be in a new 4 inch line. Of course I'll be getting the 4 inch one, but I must have it in scale with ALL my other movie figures.

Please Julius, ask Toyguru or other Mattel representatives about it. We must get a 6 inch Keaton Bats, please!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject: Re: Please, Matty, make 6 inch Keaton Batman too!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:10 pm 
serves the Otter

It's just another example of Mattel cluelessly misunderstanding what we want. We asked for a Michael Keaton Batman, and they give us one -- in the WRONG scale! It's just like getting Red Hood in the wrong costume in the DC sub, and now apparently a new Doomsday in the wrong costume too. Sigh...

Now when this pointless new 4" scale line fails to catch on and impress them with sales numbers, they'll use that as an excuse to never produce a Michael Keaton Batman in the 6" Movie Masters scale, or any other film-based character like Reeve Superman, Nicholson Joker, etc. because they'll presume a lack of demand in one scale equals a lack of demand in another scale. I have no doubt the weak sales of their 12" General Zod and Reeve Superman from a couple years ago are why we don't already have those in the Movie Masters line either. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:24 pm 
Variant Head

shabbyblue wrote:
It's just another example of Mattel cluelessly misunderstanding what we want. We asked for a Michael Keaton Batman, and they give us one -- in the WRONG scale! It's just like getting Red Hood in the wrong costume in the DC sub, and now apparently a new Doomsday in the wrong costume too. Sigh...

Now when this pointless new 4" scale line fails to catch on and impress them with sales numbers, they'll use that as an excuse to never produce a Michael Keaton Batman in the 6" Movie Masters scale, or any other film-based character like Reeve Superman, Nicholson Joker, etc. because they'll presume a lack of demand in one scale equals a lack of demand in another scale. I have no doubt the weak sales of their 12" General Zod and Reeve Superman from a couple years ago are why we don't already have those in the Movie Masters line either. :roll:

That's really, really sad and frustrating. I know that a lot of you think that way for a long time, but that's the confirmation for me, Mattel don't give a cr@p about us. I'm collecting action figures for almost 30 years now, and that was one of the worst days ever since I started on this hobby. Big thanks Mattel.

About the Chris Reeve figure, I think that I'm waitting for a 6 inch version since I watched Superman the movie for the first time. I should get used to be upset by matty since they produced that horrible 12 inch Movie Masters figures and not a 6 inch one.

Sorry, to all of you, but I'm really upset. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm 
Variant Head

It would help, if you guys could suport this cause, anyway....

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:35 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Mattel needs to lose the DC license ASAP!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:45 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

legokid wrote:

Mattel has been much better than Hasbro. Hasbro doesn't even have decent Robert Downey Jr or Hugh Jackman likenesses in their Marvel lines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 pm 
Variant Head

Wildcard wrote:
legokid wrote:

Mattel has been much better than Hasbro. Hasbro doesn't even have decent Robert Downey Jr or Hugh Jackman likenesses in their Marvel lines.

Anyway, Hasbro is releasing the movie stuff in 6 inch scale... even if the likeness isn't perfect. I would like to have a 6 inch Keaton Batman even without a decent likeness... :(

Who knows if the license ends in the hands of NECA? It would be a dream come true, cause Mattel just refuses to listen to its consumers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Magog wrote:
I would like to have a 6 inch Keaton Batman even without a decent likeness... :(

Who knows if the license ends in the hands of NECA? It would be a dream come true, cause Mattel just refuses to listen to its consumers.

:?:

So the movie costume in the 6" scale is what is most important to you? I don't understand that. I want a modern 6 inch Keaton Batman as well, but not without a Joker [several versions in fact) and if the actors likeness isn't good then I just don't see the point. Are you JUST in it for a 1989 movie batman costume?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm 
Cold-cast

It is disappointing, but I wouldn't despair just yet for two reasons.

First, it is technically possible that Mattel could produce a 6 inch Keaton Batman with, let's say, an 1989 Batmobile under the MM Epic Creations line on Mattycollector. Like they are doing with the GB Ecto-1.

Also, Medicom has entered the 6 inch game and is producing some incredible movie figures. Bale Batman and Amazing Spiderman are the first two, and they are superior to Mattel's stuff in just about every way. They are already licensed to make the WB / DKR merch, so I'm sure Medicom could theoretically produce a Reeve Supes or Keaton Bats. If their MAFEX Miracle figure line takes off I would not be surprised at all to see a Keaton or Reeve at a future SDCC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:26 am 
Variant Head

FALLENELDOR2.0 wrote:
Magog wrote:
I would like to have a 6 inch Keaton Batman even without a decent likeness... :(

:?:

So the movie costume in the 6" scale is what is most important to you? I don't understand that. I want a modern 6 inch Keaton Batman as well, but not without a Joker [several versions in fact) and if the actors likeness isn't good then I just don't see the point. Are you JUST in it for a 1989 movie batman costume?

The fact is that I want a 89 Keaton Batman so much that I would get it even if the likeness isn't decent. Of course I want a perfect one. Some of the Classic TV Adam West Batman aren't perfect, but they're good enough IMO, and I'll be getting them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 am 
Brand Manager

I'm with Batfink in thinking that Medicom's Mafex Batman line is the way to go. They are great, they come with extras and they are still within a normal collector's price range. And as opposed to the Movie Masters line... they actually "fit in" with DCUC figures.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:03 am 
Cold-cast

Great pics!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:07 am 
Brand Manager

They are from the internet. But they prove a point faster than a million words ever could. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm 
Resin

It was deeply sad when I saw Keaton Batman... and then 4" scale.
I guess that's to drive people to the new 4' offerings.

Well I'm not down with 4" toys. I'm a 6-incher all the way,
...and if they had let people know there was a 6-inch Keaton Batman in the new sub, I bet that would seriously drive sales to the sub. They'd make thier numbers in a heartbeat.

So I gotta think they just didn't aquire rights to that 6-inch size. Otherwise they'd make it. They can't be THAT dumb not to.

Last edited by StrangePlanet on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 pm 
serves the Otter

StrangePlanet wrote:
So I gotta think they just didn't aquire rights to that 6-inch size. Otherwise they'd make it. They can't be THAT dumb not to.

Oh yes they can.