Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SDCC 2013: Monster High thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

All the news and updates from SDCC 2013 for the Monster High line! Please keep all Comic-Con related news, images, and discussion in this thread. This thread will be updated as news and photos are released during the show...

Quote:
Mattel Presents: Monster High™ 2013: Where SCREAMS come true!
Saturday, July 20
11:00am–12:00pm PDT
Room 25ABC

Celebrate the freaky fabulous year of 13 with the Monster High™ Team! Get a freak peek at exclusive scenes from the newest Monster High™ DVD, 13 Wishes (this fall from Universal Studios Home Entertainment). The freaky talented Monster High™ voice actors, including: Erin Fitzgerald (voice of Abbey Bominable™, Spectra Vongergeist™, Scarah Screams™ & Rochelle Goyle™), Debi Derryberry(voice of Draculaura™) and America Young (voice of Howleen Wolf™& Toralei Stripe™) will discuss the making of the ghouls’ latest adventure. Moderated by Emmy-Award winning Executive Producer of Monster High™, Audu Paden.

But that’s not all… our Monster High® team is just DYING to share more secrets lurking the halls of Monster High®! Garrett Sander, Rebecca Shipman, Natalie Villegas and Javier Meabe (Monster High® Toy Designers), Roy Juarez (Monster High® Packaging Designer) and Eric Hardie (Monster High® Copywriter) will reveal uhhh-mazing new Monster High® ghouls and how they came to un-life!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: SDCC 2013: Monster High thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:03 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Not exactly from SDCC but someone over at MonsterHighDolls.com found pics of a new wave a swim dolls, one of which has a sticker saying that they're exclusive to Justice stores. The photos posted are not the best shots but the three new ones are Holt, Frankie and Rochelle.

http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/forum/t ... swim-dolls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 am 
Loose, Missing Package

As far as I know, the "new" reveals at Comic Con are all going to be 2014 items. Sure they're officially announcing and showing off a lot of stuff that we already know about like the I Heart Fashion Scarah and Clawdeen. So far there have only been 4 "new" dolls displayed (along with some over-sized pets). The Ghoulia may or may not be actual product as she seems to be pieced together from existing parts other than the book and the t-shirt, I'm not finding a lot of "news" to go with the pics that are turning up. Frankie and Draculaura are from a Target sub-line called Sweet Screams (notice the pupils - hard to see in that photo, but Frankie has bolt-shaped pupils and Draculaura has hearts) and the one in the catacombs display hasn't been officially named by anyone at the booth that I've found reference to, but someone who took a survey for Mattel claims her name is Jane Boolittle. Hopefully we'll know a lot more come Saturday after the panel...

Ever After High apparently doesn't have an SDCC presence this year. People were told that the line is doing well and maybe next they'd have them on display. In the meantime, a photo of the Ashlynn Ella/Hunter Huntsman 2-pack has appeared...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Today's doll reveal was Catty Noir. Hopefully the rest of them will be new-to-us product...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:51 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Saturday and Sunday's reveals... Clawdia Wolf, Honey Swamp and SloMo...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:27 am 
Cold-cast

Thank you for keeping us up to date on Monster High....my daughter is starting to collect them now !!!

....any hidden stores where I can try and catch up on some dolls ?

D's

Last edited by to_count on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:08 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Not knowing where you live-- consider Kroger Marketplaces-- they are usually on sale there- and depending on your store-- get faster turnover-- or find older assortment gems that are no longer on box store shelves..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:33 am 
Cold-cast

stewbacca wrote:
Not knowing where you live-- consider Kroger Marketplaces-- they are usually on sale there- and depending on your store-- get faster turnover-- or find older assortment gems that are no longer on box store shelves..

I'm in Germany......I wish I could take a visit !!! Have you been there lately, any good deals ?

D's

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:37 am 
Cold-cast

I finally got my daughter to display here collection of MH dolls.......I want to buy some more stands but I'm not sure if eBay prices for them are a good deal or NOT

( I have two brand new extra Deuce Gorgon.....anyone interested? )

I wanted to start collecting these but my daughter was not into Super Heroes as much as my son was (at that time)........

the wife and I have ALREADY done Christmas shopping and picked up some new figures for my daughter
Headless Headmistress / Clawd Wolf & Draculaura

I know its a small collection but she has paid for more than half with her own money. Proud of her !!!

D's

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:02 am 
We're going streaking!

Very nice, to_count! I am trying to get my daughter's room together so she can display hers too. I think she is past the playing stage, but she still wants to collect them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:06 am 
Loose, Missing Package

to_count, the stands can be ordered directly from Mattel as replacement parts (different stands for girls and boys) for $4 each (limit 6 per order though) if you have some one over here who can order them for you. No matter how you want to do that you can use that price to base eBay pricing on.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Cold-cast

Jim_Abell wrote:
to_count, the stands can be ordered directly from Mattel as replacement parts (different stands for girls and boys) for $4 each (limit 6 per order though) if you have some one over here who can order them for you. No matter how you want to do that you can use that price to base eBay pricing on.

Sweet...thanks for the info, I'll head over there now !!

D's

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 am 
Cold-cast

Well.....since my wife knows how much I like to customize things, she came up with a great Christmas idea for our daughter. Customize a Monster High School, we have already found the school/doll house that we are going to give a make-over.

Also, the wife found this website......http://www.etsy.com/shop/MonsterMiniCus ... item-count ......this guy is GOOOOOOOOD !!!!

I hope you guys can find something here, we DID

D's