Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCUC: The Five That Really Hurt
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:20 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

This is a great topic! I'm doing a DCUC blog soon, so this ties in great. Here's my five, in no particular order:
1. Unleashed Doomsday
2. Commissioner Gordon
3. Batwoman
4. Granny Goodness
5. Doc Magnus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 pm 
Bob Vila

Mines going to be Bat heavy, but I wanted:
Accurate first costume Tim Drake Robin
Balent Catwoman
Perez Nightwing
New Killer Croc
Unleashed Doomsday

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:59 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The end of the line has made me try to fill in gaps in my collection (which are many)and made me think a lot about what doesn't exist.

1)Tim Drake in the original 90's costume.Was never crazy about the red and black.
2)Mon-El- very weird he was left out of the Legion.
3)General Zod- Why is it we can never get a cool old school General uniform Zod?
4)Young Teen Titans Box set- Robin, Aqualad,and Speedy on the Kid Flash buck, along with Wonder Girl.KF would then have a set of figures to fit in with and I think people would have gone nuts for it.
5)Talia- Along with her Dad who we are finally getting, just seems really important as the daughter of Ra's, Mother of Damien, lover of Batman and a star of Dark Knight Rises.

Honorable Mention: If there was a Club Black Freighter for the Minutemen and Moloch this year, I would have been all over it.

Those are the biggies for me, though I would buy pretty much everyone's suggestions so far. Then again, I want a DC Universe on my shelf that rivals Star Wars variety of characters.Also, I think these would sell, I could get crazy obscure if you let me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:36 am 
An Insider

Jade
Monarch
Atomic Skull
Doctor Light (female)
Kyle Rayner (early costume)

Other Characters that I want...
Ice
Vixen
Knockout
Killer Frost
Liberty Belle
Jessie Quick
Hourman II
Mr. Bones
Doctor Polaris

Female Furies Boxed set:
Granny Goodness
Lashina
Stompa
Bernadeth
Mad Harriet
Big Barda (bikini costume)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:02 am 
Variant Head

I think a proper Scarecrow is at the top of the list I mean I thought he was coming in the sub for sure the past 2 years! Not getting a proper 90s Kyle Rayner was also a big one, the Kyle Rayner from Green Lantern Classics was so sad. Granny Goodness would have been a awesome oversized figure and looked amazing with Darksieds minions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 pm 
An Insider

PBateman wrote:
I think a proper Scarecrow is at the top of the list I mean I thought he was coming in the sub for sure the past 2 years! Not getting a proper 90s Kyle Rayner was also a big one, the Kyle Rayner from Green Lantern Classics was so sad. Granny Goodness would have been a awesome oversized figure and looked amazing with Darksieds minions.

Come on people, get you sense of scale right.
Granny Goodness is 5ft 10 in tall and would not qualify for an oversized figure.
Doomsday is 7ft tall and his figure should be the same height as Mattel's C&C Despero and Bane figures and not taller as Mattel had proposed to make him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:29 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

He's been drawn that big on more than a few occasions, but you are dead on with Granny. She'd require almost entirely new tooling, but she wouldn't be all that big.

Definitely wider, though. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:59 pm 
serves the Otter

Has Granny Goodness ever been produced as a figure in any scale or toy line? Couldn't find mention of her on Ebay. I'm surprised DC Direct never produced her and her Furies. It's sad that many of us will now have to start looking back at some of the figures DC Direct has produced over the years to help fill in the gaps in the DCUC line since DCUC is practically finished. I held out many times on buying certain characters from DCD with the hope that Mattel would eventually produce that same character in the DCUC line. That often happened, such as with Stargirl and a few other nice figures in the last few waves, but now I'll have to settle for DC Direct's leftovers. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:06 pm 
3 3/4"

Lasha was the only furry I know of made in any scale (JLU)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 am 
An Insider

Shellhead wrote:
He's been drawn that big on more than a few occasions, but you are dead on with Granny. She'd require almost entirely new tooling, but she wouldn't be all that big.

Yes wider.
For Granny Goodness they can use parts from The Dark Knight Batman that was in the Batman Unlimited line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 am 
ABS

joeace wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Yes wider.
For Granny Goodness they can use parts from The Dark Knight Batman that was in the Batman Unlimited line.

I was afraid we'd end up with a Rocket Red-sized Granny because of some collectors calling for her to be over-sized. I think most of us realize in this case "over-sized" meant "more new tooling", but Mattel would probably take the "over-sized" too literally. Moot point anyhow. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:24 pm 
active in the community

The Five That Really Hurt! Since I only collected Bat-related figures my list is going to rather biased.

5) Mad Hatter
4) Ventriloquist w/ Scarface
3) Talia
2) Hush
1) Batwoman

I assuming that some way, some how we will see Damian.

This is the list of figures I'm surprised that didn't get made.

5) Batwoman, Bat-related she would have sold well. The whole not made because of sexual orientation thing is a joke. Wasn't that the one of the points of Mattycollector? To make figures for adult collectors, like Lobo, Constantine and the Watchmen. And if it was an issue then why make a figure of her in the DC Infinite hero scale? :roll: moving on....
4) Aqualad/Tempest
3) Vixen, She is clearly DC's most prominent African American female super hero.
2) Kyle Rayner original costume.
1) Lois Lane, face facts she is the most famous woman in all of comic books (Wonder Woman's at #2 and Batgirl & Catwoman are fighting for #3). While I'm not surprised she didn't appear at retail, I would have thought she would have been in some sort of exclusive/commemorative/anniversary type 2pk with Superman(or Clark) for SDCC and/or Matty.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 am 
Tis' but a pup

My top five that I really hoped for:

Zauriel
Aztek
Vigilante
Shining Knight
Wave Rider

I would also like a bigger Clayface to replace the one whose arms are melting as I type this!! Let's face it if Mattel had at least made an effort and presented half the year like they did for MOTUC the line would still be going. They can claim 63% all they want but what other product could you sell to the public most of which is sight unseen and reach that mark? I can't think of any.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 pm 
Daniel Pickett

1. Aqualad
2. The Ray
3. Myx
4. Golden Age Sandman
5. Doctor Destiny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I don't know how I could ever narrow it to five, so many of my wants have been hit above. There is one that I think is just a shame that was never gotten to, especially when they were promoting DC's 75th on the packages: Crimson Avenger. He was DC's first hero (maybe not super, but the first costumed "mystery man") and I still can't believe that the only action figure he's ever gotten was in that JLU 7-pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next