Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Do you plan on collecting DC Total Heroes?
Yes, I plan on collecting all the figures 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I may occasionally pick up a figure 38%  38%  [ 24 ]
No, this line does not interest me 60%  60%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: Do you plan on collecting DC Total Heroes?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:16 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

GoldBlade6 wrote:
Yup. DC Universe lasted a while, so I guess we'll just forget every other failed attempt:

Back to the Future.
Ghostbusters.
DC Infinite Heroes.
DC Infinite Earths.
Young Justice.
All the DC 6" spin-off lines they couldn't manage to sell to retail.
All Retro-Action.
The awful Green Lantern movie line that we can't seem to scrape off the pegs.

I'm sure others could add to this list.

Shellhead wrote:
Name an A-lister that hasn't been done by now. I would say there are none left. Heck, there aren't B-listers. Now, below that, absolutely.

And, yeah, maybe we got some incarnation of most A-listers, but we may never see a 90's Kyle Rayner, Hook-hand Aquaman, Aqualad, Speedy, and many other fan-demanded characters or those that would have been released if Mattel hadn't tanked DCIE.

I really don't know what's wrong with you... :roll:

Except Mattel didn't tank DCIE. Lack of customer support did. Like my sig says, if you wanted more classic figs, you should supported the sub. End of story.
I bought a sub. It didn't go through. Them's the breaks. Whining about what Mattel did or didn't do isn't going to change anything. They've got Batman. They're making money.

You are absolutely right about GL though. Terrible execution. But then again, movie tie-in lines are usually bad.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:52 pm 
Aspires to be #1

By the way, Kyle Rayner and Aquaman are not A-listers. The true A-list characters for DC include Batman, Superman, Joker, Luthor and Wonder Woman. That's probably it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Aquaman gets the bump to A-list because of Super Friends. Robin, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman would fall under A-list, too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
Aquaman gets the bump to A-list because of Super Friends. Robin, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman would fall under A-list, too.

I forgot about Robin, but those others aren't selling things by themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:04 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Jim_Abell wrote:

Yup. Those ten characters you guys listed are pretty much DC's only a-listers. However if a Justice League movie DOES get made Flash and Green Lantern will probably make that list too.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am 
Loose, Missing Package

j1h15233 wrote:
I forgot about Robin, but those others aren't selling things by themselves.

That may be true but the point I was trying to make is that the average non-comic fan still knows who all of those characters are. They may not know all of the details but they'll recognize those names and would be able to pick them out of a line-up (well, provided you went with "classic" looks for Aquaman, Robin and Catwoman). Captain Marvel, Flash, Green Lantern and Plastic Man would probably round out the next level just due to their TV presence over the years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 am 
Knows his stuff

I hadn't heard about this line, but got a little excited after reading about a new DC line. However, I just googled these guys and after seeing pics I will NOT be buying these. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:24 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

As far as A listers go, we'd be really looking at variants of the big names.... Like Dick Grayson Batman, Nu52 jeans and t-shirt Superman, Dark Knight Returns Supes on MOTUC buck, Nightwing/Robin variants, any and all else worlds variants like the red rain Batman, Super Powers Wonder Woman/Superman, 90's Hawkman, Morrison JLA, golen age Supes/Green Arrow/Wonder Woman (skirt), any of the main Super Powers heroes really etc... There are loads of looks of the main characters that have been done by DC direct but would look great in our DCUC collections.

It wouldn't be hard to find a variant of the big three or core Justice League that are yet to be made.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

No interest at all. it's new 52 and cartoony. I could go down to Target and get that if it's what I wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:01 pm 
Cold-cast

GoldBlade6 wrote:
Yup. DC Universe lasted a while, so I guess we'll just forget every other failed attempt:
DC Infinite Heroes.

I don't consider IH a failed attempt. I mean sure there are some glaring holes. However we got something like 100 characters right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

Titan Speck wrote:
GoldBlade6 wrote:
DC Infinite Heroes.

I don't consider IH a failed attempt. I mean sure there are some glaring holes. However we got something like 100 characters right?

I wish I had collected IH from the beginning. By the time I considered collecting them, there were too many to go back and collect. Now the aftermarket prices for them are ridiculous. Looks like a fun little line.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Aquaman, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Flash, Green Lantern, Robin, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Shazam, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Batgirl and Harley Quinn are all a-listers.(in addition to Batman, Superman, Luthor, the Joker, and Wonder Woman.) I'd make a case for Green Arrow now too.

Just saying...

Val

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

CordeliaChaseFan wrote:
Aquaman, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Flash, Green Lantern, Robin, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Shazam, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Batgirl and Harley Quinn are all a-listers.(in addition to Batman, Superman, Luthor, the Joker, and Wonder Woman.) I'd make a case for Green Arrow now too.

Just saying...

Val

Sorry but there's no way I can agree with you on Flash, GL, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Shazam, Hawkgirl or Harley Quinn. I'll accept arguments for Supergirl and Batgirl because of their logos but that's about it. I think most of those are B-list DC characters. The Hawks are probably c-listers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 pm 
3 3/4"

A lister -Has their own monthly book. Outside Merch (shirts video game characters,drinking glasses) or History in huge storylines and mega events.

B.Lister.Someone a casual fan would know because of outside sources

C. Might have had a few mini series or even a limited series run. Mostly in team books or brought back to refresh character license

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 pm 
Aspires to be #1

The real problem with listing them this way is that we all have different ideas of what makes an A-lister. Like me for example...a monthly book has nothing to do with that ranking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next