Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MOTU at Big Lots
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:17 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I don't collect MOTU, so I apologize if this is old news. Big Lots had a giant named (I think) Megator, a dentist looking dude with Skeletor, and another one named Vykiron or something. All for $10.

If everyone knows about this already, maybe one of the mods can delete it.

Post subject: Re: MOTU at Big Lots
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 am 
shirtless hugger

I'd seen this reported, but assumed it was a regional/California thing. Interesting that they're in Florida as well. May need to hit up my local BL on my way home from work today.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

If it's like the JLU thing at Ross Stores a few weeks ago, it's old Digital River stock and they won't last too long.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:24 am 
MINT!

I just ran across about ten or eleven of these at a Big Lots(upstate NY heading toward the central part of the state)....They had Meagtor, Skletetor & Molaar 2pack, Orko, Adora, Grizzlor, Skyklone, Chief Carnivus, Count Marzo, Moss Man, and Leech. They were all $10 each. I was surprised to see the majority of those in some form of retail store. I think it's only certain Big Lots getting them though because another one not too far from that one did not have anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:17 pm 
5" Scale

Cool beans, I'll take a look around locally. It was the cost that was keeping me from going nuts on this line.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:32 pm 
PVC

Anyone in Kentucky finding these?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:46 pm 
Cold-cast

Saw a bunch here. A Sy klone, Catra, couple of Moss Man, Carnavus, King Grayskull, and I believe a Marzo. No Megator sadly. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I haven't seen them myself (went hunting yesterday), but I know of other local collectors who've spotted them at Big Lots just outside of my normal hunting grounds. So they're out there, and from the looks of it all across the country.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Would love to find another Mo-Larr set (or 2) at $10...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:50 am 
PVC

Jim, I looked all over Louisville yesterday and I didn't find any of them anywhere. If I find them I'll snag you 1 or 2 of them if I can. Let me know if you see them anywhere. Good luck man!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The Shepherdsville store was dry, too. May hit E-town sometime this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well there were about 20 MO-Lars at Fandom Fest yesterday-- so that may explain why nothing was around---

If someone come across the Orko Pack around here-- let me know (or pick it up for me)-- Ill grab any Mo-Lars if I find them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 am 
Mint on Card

I'll have to check again today. I was kinda hoping they'd have He-Ro since it was first reported it looked like they were SDCC exclusives popping up.

I'll have to pick up an Adora for my daughter since I gave her She-Ra.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am 
Variant Head

I saw one Molar set at my Big Lots I passed but sadly regret it cause it had 2 swords , and 2 bodies great for customs. But I did get extremely lucky and walked in around noon and bam they were stocking them. I got the white mailers too! They guy asked if I was the one calling everyday..... NOPE lol. I just had to take the baby for a ride she was getting upset cause shes teething so I took a ride to Big Lots on a whim. I found and bought 2 SyKlones, 2 Moss Mans, 2 Adoras, 1 Orko (traded already so do not ask lol), 1 Leech, 1 Catra, 1 Grizzlor, 1 Clawful, 1 Man E Faces, 1 Megator. I left behind the molar set DOH!, 2 Icarus, 2 Faceless, 2 Chiefs, 2 Marzos and like 10 Ghostbusters 12 inch 2 packs. 48 hours later its all gone. I just could not say no to all the juicey custom material ! Good stuff for trades too sadly no one seems to have JLU for trade anymore !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:14 am 
Mint on Card

PBateman wrote:
I saw one Molar set at my Big Lots I passed but sadly regret it cause it had 2 swords , and 2 bodies great for customs. But I did get extremely lucky and walked in around noon and bam they were stocking them. I got the white mailers too! They guy asked if I was the one calling everyday..... NOPE lol. I just had to take the baby for a ride she was getting upset cause shes teething so I took a ride to Big Lots on a whim. I found and bought 2 SyKlones, 2 Moss Mans, 2 Adoras, 1 Orko (traded already so do not ask lol), 1 Leech, 1 Catra, 1 Grizzlor, 1 Clawful, 1 Man E Faces, 1 Megator. I left behind the molar set DOH!, 2 Icarus, 2 Faceless, 2 Chiefs, 2 Marzos and like 10 Ghostbusters 12 inch 2 packs. 48 hours later its all gone. I just could not say no to all the juicey custom material ! Good stuff for trades too sadly no one seems to have JLU for trade anymore !

Those are great finds I may pick up a Leech, Catra and Grizzlor and to start the Horde. For 10 bucks a pop that may be hard to pass up.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.