Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official "Why'd They Kill Movie Masters?" Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 am 
Variant Head

I would really like to see this thread getting back into the stupid decision of changing the scale of the movie inspired toys from 6 inch to 4 inch. I can read so many statements defending Mattel that I will end thinking that everything is perfect and I'm really happy with their decision. I just haven't noticed that. :P

Just found the image that I was searching since this thread was created: :wink:

Source: http://www.shortpacked.com/

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 am 
ABS

stewbacca wrote:
Superpowers1980 wrote:
Glad the SW stuff is being removed, that line has been toilet trash for the as many years since Hasblow started it. I hate all the new stuff, vehicles aside, the Hasblow Gi Joe and SW 3 3/4 inch figure designs are utter trash.

Yeah there is a glut of Superman stuff, just like there is a glut of that Iron Man 3 trash, in all scales too, so sick of seeing IM and Marvel Universe garbage, tear it all down!!!!

Okay now I am completely behind what everyone else is saying-- I am negative.. but give me a break-- these statements show you understand absolutely nothing into what constitues a decent toy line.. Yes the Star Wars line is the worst line ever.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You deserve any grief anyone gives you-- I can dislike a line and hate a concept (Movie Masters) but still see the time and effort put into it- (for example- Kamandi-worst character choice ever- still a very well sculpted figure, or I dont care for movie masters-- doesnt mean I can't respect people that like the lines- and that usually they are well sculpted) - you apparently cannot..

That will be the last comment of yours I waste my time reading..

Whoa buddy, taking the toyline to the heart I see. Look at you, you would think I insulted a family member of yours.

First off I am a Star Wars collector, it isn't the biggest part of my collection but I am a fan. I do NOT like Hasbro's modern bodies and a lot of decisions they make regarding figures. First off Clone Wars sucks, talk about expanding one of the most boring times in the SW universe, the figures are terrible, just terrible. The modern figures sometimes have strange articulation and the faces are meh. I do like the 12 inch figures Hasbro produced, even the ones with the limited articulation but the smaller figures are terrible. The only decent small figures were the Mcquarrie figures. The vehicles have always been good, figures suck. Thank goodness for the new 6 inch line because they ruined 3 3/4 line. In the end its just my thought, it is an empty personal idea of mine, the fact that it makes you sooooo upset shows more negatively and warped you are than on the fact that I don't like them. BTW, I rather have the original Kenner versions than any of the new 3 3/4 figures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am 
ABS

Magog wrote:
I would really like to see this thread getting back into the stupid decision of changing the scale of the movie inspired toys from 6 inch to 4 inch. I can read so many statements defending Mattel that I will end thinking that everything is perfect and I'm really happy with their decision. I just haven't noticed that. :P

Have we heard anything official about this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 am 
3 3/4"

When the Marvel Legends came back Mattle killed the DCUC line and now MM six inch.Hasbro kills the MU line we get Mattle starts making 4inch figures.Its if they have some under the table agreement not to step on each other

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:11 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I don't buy that for a second.
And MU is not being killed, it's being rebranded as "The Avengers." Still plenty of goodness coming like the Leader. If you look at Falcon, Widow, and Red Skull, the quality's still there.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 pm 
ABS

Shellhead wrote:
I don't buy that for a second.
And MU is not being killed, it's being rebranded as "The Avengers." Still plenty of goodness coming like the Leader. If you look at Falcon, Widow, and Red Skull, the quality's still there.

Wow you buy MU? Seriously, how does that fit collecting both ML and MU is it like building two of the same universes but different scale. Essentially they are the same design and style just sizes differently, unlike say if you collected DCUC and/or JLU or IH. Just a question, not trying to be smart, just want to know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:34 pm 
3 3/4"

I have been buying Mus when they first came out and Legends were dead for the most part.When Hasbro said they are redoing the and making them better I slowed down on MUs and Now we are told we are only getting 3 3/4 size figures under the avengers line. Which I dont have much faith in. For a long time Legends were costing so much money I was priced out and I wanted something to fill the void left after the JLU mishaps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I buy MU and ML just like I buy DCUC, DC Direct/DC Collectibles, JLU and Infinite Heroes, Brave and the Bold, Lego, Action Heroes, etc.

D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I am primarily a Marvel fan, so I tend to collect any (decent) action figures featuring those characters.

The main reason I got into 3.75 was that Legends looked like it was being cancelled (and actually was for a few years), and that Iron Man 2 figures were only in the 3.75 scale (for the most part). Secondly, the little guys look great when combined with a Legends Fin Fang Foom, Sentinal, or Galactus. Thirdly, army building is a lot easier on the wallet in the small size. Finally, both lines offer unique characters that the other doesn't. For example, if I want a bunch of AIM agents, I have to go MU. But if I want the Blob, I need ML.

The only thing I do attempt is avoid buying all the Spider-man villains in both scales. Therefore I haven't gotten very many MU Spidey characters since I invested heavily in Spidey in the 6 inch scale. I also avoid several of the X-men characters in the MU scale as I have most of them in ML. But I love the Avengers so I don't mind getting both.

I would not double on on DC scales, which is why the death of DCUC is a real bummer.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:38 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

What I never understood... and I've been to a lot of stores between New Jersey and Florida in the past few months traveling... for Man of Steel I would see all this... junk... that's what I call it, stupid garbage that even when I was five wouldn't give a fling about... and it's in stock, so much that it's backed up in cases on shelves. You can watch it sit there and collect dust and become cheap clearance merchandise... yet the Movie Masters pegs are empty for almost well over 40 various stores and chains.

I can forgive the crappy 3 3/4" figures they make, I imagine some of those sell although I have yet to see anywhere that sells through them all. Only now are Movie Masters beginning to appear. I just don't understand why faith is put into rubber stretchy bullshit and silly flying shooting junk when it seems to sit?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 pm 
active in the community

I would just like an official acknowledgment from Mattel on this.

A simple "We're working on 6 inch, as well". Or "We're allowing DCC to tackle these figures instead". SOMETHING.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:44 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Damn Bizarro and Deathstorm have my ab crunch... if DCD can keep that up I'll gladly give them my money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:28 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Of course DCC have crept up to $25 a figure now.

I know they do smaller runs, but that has to be hitting a tipping point for a lot of fans.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 pm 
Variant Head

I wouldn't mind paying that for DCC figures, specially if they start to produce movie based figures. I already preordered the Arrow 2-pack from BBTS. Hopefully there will be more of them. Of course a lot of fans will disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:59 pm 
active in the community

Yeah, I don't know that price is the problem with me. I would gladly pay 25 dollars for a movie Watchmen quality figures of Keaton Batman, or Ledger Joker. Why they haven't is beyond me, to be honest. I got super excited when they teased a TDKR line (that ended up being a mini statue line) at Toy Fair '12.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next