Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: No sub needed !
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I would argue that is definitely not the case for Bandai's Ben 10 stuff.. I ve picked up stuff here in there (like the most recent last wave that I dont think is going to make it to American Retail)_- and they are even worse quality plastic then the JLU lines-- (not to mention very brittle compared to the normal figures)

These figures were definitely not on the line rejects-- they were shoddy bootlegs across the board-- I would still hold to the after hours theory- more than the line swipes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:55 am 
The Last Word

j1h15233 wrote:
Captain Collector wrote:
They're loose, stolen, unauthorized samples. It's the truth, however inconvenient. End of debate.
You can say it all you want, but some people refuse to believe it.
Some of them will take it even further, fabricate utter nonsense, and push it as fact. What place do reality or knowledge have in these discussions anyway? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 pm 
Aspires to be #1

It's funny to see people defending this and buying every figure they have from some China eBay guy and then complaining when lines die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm 
ABS

Red Ricky's assessment of the Chinese situation is not accurate. American companies can own factories in china...actually if he did a little bit of research he would of found out that Mattel owns their own factory in china. American companies do not only vend in China, they own and do control their factories. The fact that this gross illegal activity is going on while Mattel has passed increases to the consumer bothers me, the material is still paid for by Mattel and that means they are paying for the excess production which is ending up in Chinese sellers hands.

For the people say that these sales don't affect Mattel's bottom line also have an incomplete assessment. Like I mentioned before I know people who actively stopped buying from Mattel and would only buy from Chinese sellers, the guys selling next years figures has already sold about 40 to 50 Ice figures........that is 40 to 50 less at Mattycollector and at this point every figure counts. These guys are selling hundreds of figures, if you don't think that affects Mattel then purple and green unicorns exists and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:06 pm 
categorically opposed

Superpowers1980 wrote:
Red Ricky's assessment of the Chinese situation is not accurate. American companies can own factories in china...actually if he did a little bit of research he would of found out that Mattel owns their own factory in china. American companies do not only vend in China, they own and do control their factories. The fact that this gross illegal activity is going on while Mattel has passed increases to the consumer bothers me, the material is still paid for by Mattel and that means they are paying for the excess production which is ending up in Chinese sellers hands.

And if you did some research, you'd have learned that they both own and contract out (taken right from the Wall Street Journal). They are not necessarily producing DCUC at a Mattel-owned factory. In fact, they're probably not, because the runs are so small. They probably use their own factories for bigger jobs because, let's face it, they care more about Barbie and the millions that that brand generates than the middling (at best) success of their DC brands.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 2283690388

Superpowers1980 wrote:
For the people say that these sales don't affect Mattel's bottom line also have an incomplete assessment. Like I mentioned before I know people who actively stopped buying from Mattel and would only buy from Chinese sellers, the guys selling next years figures has already sold about 40 to 50 Ice figures........that is 40 to 50 less at Mattycollector and at this point every figure counts. These guys are selling hundreds of figures, if you don't think that affects Mattel then purple and green unicorns exists and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you!

But your assessment is complete? I wasn't aware that you had access to all of their financials. The bottom line is that if it was really making a gigantic dent in their profits, they would have done more to stop it. Or was this all a part of their elaborate scheme to erode their own sales and create a fake demand decrease so they would have an excuse cancel the line?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:28 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Guys, this topic has wandered wayyy off topic, so let's get back to the last few DCUC figures themselves, and ease off the gas pedal a bit on attacking each other.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:02 pm 
ABS

Captain Collector wrote:
Guys, this topic has wandered wayyy off topic, so let's get back to the last few DCUC figures themselves, and ease off the gas pedal a bit on attacking each other.

Agreed,

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:29 am 

Now to bring this back on topic -
My guess is that Mattel may back off this hard line "end of the line" stance, and have annual con exclusives/repaints, etc.
like the hinted at extra item(s) that was reported by Julius last week. Infind it hard to believe that all of those molds will never be used again, they're just sitting there, paid for & all.

*MOD EDIT*
I really meant it about getting back on topic. Off topic posts, posts about JLU (a line that has really no bearing on this issue), and any personal attacks will be removed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:04 am 

By the way, my guess in the final item(s) is also Super Powers themed. I'm guessing anywhere from one to four figures, in Super Powers deco, like light blue Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, there was a sample of Shazam in SP colors shown once, Lex (orange lantern repaint), or maybe even Kalibak or Orion, with SP themed paints, like the Batman Unlimited Mr. Freeze. Much like the old SP tagline, I'd "collect 'em all!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Captain Ray?...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:38 am 

I'd be all over El Capitan Rayo! We already got Argentinian Riddler & Beazillian black Batmam, so why not? Easy repaint with all existing parts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am 
ABS

I am all in for an El Captain Ray but who owns the rights to that character. I wonder if Mattel has the right to do the character, he would be a welcomed addition and since the Captain now goes for 800+ on ebay and I doubt I will own one so this idea is perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:35 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

As long as I get that beautiful SP Wonder Woman I saw pictures of years ago, I'd be a happy camper. Anything else is just gravy.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:39 am 

I think he was just made up for the toy line, so I would think he'd be fair game, so long as DC approves.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:02 am 
ABS

Right, if he was made up Pacipa or whichever of those companies had the liscense then don't they in turn own him? I honestly don't know but I love the idea of the Captain.

I have always loved this custom:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next