Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I miss you guys...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:47 pm 
Cold-cast

Ever since JLU wrapped up, I've been out of the collecting game and haven't been here much.

You guys are a good bunch of people.

Just figured I'd let you know.

Post subject: Re: I miss you guys...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well you're not too bad yourself :D .

So you're not collecting anything? I went back to collecting vintage 1980s/90s G.I. Joe. Well technically I never quit. I just have more to spend on them now that JLU is done.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:47 pm 
MINT!

i don't know who you are....i also don't have any justice league unlimited figures

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:39 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Come and hang with us more often dude. There's other stuff going on besides JLU. I've had a chance to really expend my vintage stuff since JLU ended.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Krypton1976 wrote:
Come and hang with us more often dude. There's other stuff going on besides JLU. I've had a chance to really expend my vintage stuff since JLU ended.

Same here. What vintage stuff are you buying?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 pm 
Wonderdog

You can come back any time, mikey. You don't even have to be collecting anything at all!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm 
Santos L. Halper

whakojacko1976 wrote:

A little bit of everything. Bought a vintage He-Man figure, a Silver Hawks one, a Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors vehicle, Who framed Roger Rabbit figures on card, E.T. wind up figure on card. Comic books: Man-Thing 1, Dr. Strange 1, Marvel Premiere 47, Conan the Barbarian 1, Incredible Hulk 180, Secret Wars 1 & 8 - just to name a few.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:22 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Krypton1976 wrote:
whakojacko1976 wrote:

A little bit of everything. Bought a vintage He-Man figure, a Silver Hawks one, a Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors vehicle, Who framed Roger Rabbit figures on card, E.T. wind up figure on card. Comic books: Man-Thing 1, Dr. Strange 1, Marvel Premiere 47, Conan the Barbarian 1, Incredible Hulk 180, Secret Wars 1 & 8 - just to name a few.

Wow, you're really making your rounds there. I've been trying to keep my buying narrowed down to: Vintage MOTU (which I pick up when I see them out in the wild), G.I. Joe (which I'm about 10 figures away from rebuilding my entire childhood collection) and on occasion, Playmates's Star Trek figures. I had to pass up some vintage Star Wars and Mego figures last week. I just don't have enough room.

Congrats on the Hulk 180 purchase. I almost picked up one of those about 13 years ago but passed and grabbed the 1st appearance of the Punisher and death of Gwen Stacey and Green Goblin instead. Oh and Batman issue #5. That broke the bank ha ha.

Sorry spacemonkeymikey, don't mean to hijack your thread. At least it's keeping it near the top of the posting list.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 am 
Santos L. Halper

whakojacko1976 wrote:
Congrats on the Hulk 180 purchase. I almost picked up one of those about 13 years ago but passed and grabbed the 1st appearance of the Punisher and death of Gwen Stacey and Green Goblin instead. Oh and Batman issue #5. That broke the bank ha ha.

Sorry spacemonkeymikey, don't mean to hijack your thread. At least it's keeping it near the top of the posting list.

Thanks man! Looks like you're doing pretty well yourself!

To get back to Spacemonkey, guess life went on for the most of us after JLU. Here at AFI, we used to be so JLU centered. That's why I became an AFI member in the first place, to talk to you guys about JLU and get the inside scoops regarding it. So it's understandable that you don't chime in here as much. But there is other great lines and toy news out there, which keeps me coming back to this site. On top of that, there's some really great collectors on here. There would be some major holes in my collection had it not been for the kindness of some of the folks on this site.

So Spacemonkey, come back as often as you like, but don't forget us!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:46 pm 
Variant Head

So sad JLU is gone this board is like a ghost town lol. I was sorting my collection the other day and man there were some missed chances to finish teams and it felt like Toyguru and team got some of their characters out over ours. Like the Doom Patrol pack, the figures are nice but man I could have lived with out them and any other low tooling figures that appeared in the show or BTAS,STAS,JL or BB.

The Legion of Superheroes 4 pack man why Lightning Lad instead of Changeling ? The other LOS member who had a speaking role on STAS.

Shazam pack why so much tooling for the wizard when CM3 would have rounded it out nicely.

I look at the Super friends 3 pack man I hate those figures I would have much rather had a 3 pack with Chronos, Luminus and Superman and it would have been less tooling lol

The Cryme Syndacite was 2 short but we got disco Brainiac and others instead.

The Eclipso pack mad me sad no Martian Manhunter covered in shards instead a regular Flash.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:35 pm 
Resin

Miss you, too, pal...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:41 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I am just now deciding I like some of the JLU figures I passed on before, or had and sold on ebay. I think it is because I am super bored. Oh yeah back on topic... Miss you too spacemonkeymikey, (though I am not sure how often we directly interacted, lol.) ;)

D.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:02 pm 
Cold-cast

My money situation took a pretty severe nose dive so, no, I'm out of the toy collecting. They're just too expensive these days. I ALMOST started picking up the BATMAN '66 stuff but they were just out of my range.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:05 pm 
Cold-cast

gleek wrote:
i don't know who you are....i also don't have any justice league unlimited figures

You're missing out.

On both accounts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:24 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

spacemonkeymikey wrote:
My money situation took a pretty severe nose dive so, no, I'm out of the toy collecting. They're just too expensive these days. I ALMOST started picking up the BATMAN '66 stuff but they were just out of my range.

I heard stories about Amazon.com having some pretty good deals on the Batman 66 stuff.