Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: DC 2014 releases....Early access by MOTUC subscribers on
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 am 
Aspires to be #1

The point you're all missing, is that to my knowledge, only Lobo and the Legion set sold out in less than a day as far as DC products go so this doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:15 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hey,

I've never purchased anything through Early Access (I bought my subscriptions and then just sat back and received my figs)...Is it possible to change the shipping address? Could some nice MOTUC subscriber (theoretically) log on during their early access period, purchase what they wanted and then place a second order for my DCUC fig(s) [obviously being reimbursed by me], change the shipping address on the second order so that there would be no middle-man and no double postage payment?

--Sean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 am 
Loose, Missing Package

leonardsean wrote:
Hey,

I've never purchased anything through Early Access (I bought my subscriptions and then just sat back and received my figs)...Is it possible to change the shipping address? Could some nice MOTUC subscriber (theoretically) log on during their early access period, purchase what they wanted and then place a second order for my DCUC fig(s) [obviously being reimbursed by me], change the shipping address on the second order so that there would be no middle-man and no double postage payment?

--Sean

Check your PMs...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:18 pm 
Variant Head

I got friends with subs so IF I wanted I could get what I need. But it does rub me wrong how Toyguru pretty much said screw you DC fans almost felt like spite. I mean honestly if he knew there was even a remote chance the sub did not meet the minimum he should have had a plan B. And ok he got us the final four but kind of messed up to not even offer the 63% of us who sub up a mini sub for the 4. But at the same time the price point on these makes me think they will not be sell outs, I for one am glad I have no interest in the Super Powers send off glad Matty does not make JLU anymore so I do not have to deal with them. The prices are out of control, they have used 0 shipping materials on my last 6 sub figures! I want Damian but with the way they did me dirty this hardcore sub fan is grabbing his Damian from the back door China guys cause some of my money was not enough ...... in Backstreet boys voice they want it allllllll or nothing at all ! lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:11 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I have to agree with those who always bought the DC sub, including for this year. We could easily be given a code to purchase these early. Heck, even Ghostbusters subbers got a free GID Slimer! I tend to thhink tat they'll hold a bunch back for day-of folks like us this year, I think it'll end up being a non-issue, but the whole thing rubs me the wrong way a bit. I mean, as more subs die (and let's face it, MOTU is in it's final throes), it became "if you bought a MOTUC sub, you can have early access to all our products." At te end of the day, I think this entire model goes away next year. It's just not sustainable in the long term, and add in the quality of service aspect challenges that Digital River represents, and folks are dropping out. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the last 4 are being made, and I love Super Powers, so that set is a no-brainer for me, but have to say, I find the whole Doomsday thing insane.
They know we want it, thhey know we'll pay around $65 for it, all they have to do is a thermometer pre sale, like they did with Castle Grayskull (with a foam mock-up), and like they did with the Ecto-1 (foam mock-up, for a dead line!). It would cost next to nothing to set that up, and all Scott will say is "DC fans had their chance." It smacks me in the face a bit, and I've been one of Mattel's staunchest supporters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Early access was always a MOTUC only thing anyway. Unless you were buying a second figure of a DC sub figure, there was nothing else to buy during early access except MOTUC stuff. It was always a pointless perk for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 pm 
We're going streaking!

j1h15233 wrote:
Early access was always a MOTUC only thing anyway. Unless you were buying a second figure of a DC sub figure, there was nothing else to buy during early access except MOTUC stuff. It was always a pointless perk for me.

It came in handy for SDCC exclusives and was a necessity if you wanted the Monster High exclusive. Without early access and no help, I will probably miss the exclusive this year.

That said, I think the only DC figure that might be in danger of an early sell out is Ice, but I think she will last. Didn't Poison Ivy and Huntress sell out in one day?

And Captain Collector, I echo your feelings.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:00 pm 
Variant Head

I feel like DCC said Mattel get out of our way already !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

PBateman wrote:

HAHA. So true. On pins and needles waiting for the Red Hood we all asked for not for the one they (Mattel) thought we deserved. Not to mention the Starfire coming in the same line that also blows Mattel's out of the water. Oh and the new articulation is seamless.

Great time to be a DC collector I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:58 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

FastestFanAlive wrote:
PBateman wrote:

HAHA. So true. On pins and needles waiting for the Red Hood we all asked for not for the one they (Mattel) thought we deserved. Not to mention the Starfire coming in the same line that also blows Mattel's out of the water. Oh and the new articulation is seamless.

Great time to be a DC collector I think.

DCC are definitely bringing their A game at the moment. I just hope and pray that the scale is compatible with all our DCUC stuff, and that they maybe try and fill some of the gaps from Mattels efforts. I hope we don't just get Nu52 from them from here on out.