Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: 3/13/14 Matty Early Access Sale: Are you buying anything
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

PBateman wrote:
I forgot to mention I am tax free in NH so if people want get on my list for Damian PM me. If I get 9 other people odds are you will pay less or right around what you would from Matty.com.

Might want to do a dry run on that, first. Used to be that way for me but for some reason when I got to a certain point shipping jumped about $10. I remember it used to top out around $23-24 even if you were getting multiple boxes shipped but this last time it was $30.99 for 13 items.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:58 am 
Ferret Farmer

Brought and received my Arthur and Fang Man two days ago. Great figures. Going to miss adding DCU figures to my collection. But once they're done so am I with the DCU. I'll be satisfied enough with this line.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:58 am 
ABS

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I'd put my money on Damian Robin....

Isn't he being done by DC Collectibles too though?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:40 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

red Ricky wrote:
GregNYC wrote:
I'm really just trying to gauge interest in the line as it winds down. I thought Aquaman would be more popular. I'm guessing the remaining figures will be less so.

I thought so, too. Makes me wonder if things will jump from bad to worst when the $30 dollar Super Power repeats start showing up.

Yes, I agree. Interest seems to be waning, and those SP figures are a must-have for only a relatively few serious collectors.

I'm basing my prediction on future sales only on anecdotal evidence I've seen here and elsewhere. Some people were disappointed with Damian's scale, but his death has raised his profile. Female action figures don't sell as well as their male counterparts, but Fire needs Ice. No one seems to want Superboy (personally, I think the DC Direct version is much better). Frankly, it's hard to tell which one will sell better.

The whole point was to determine whether I would be better off getting the rest of the figures on eBay or joining with another collector to lower shipping costs. Aquaman cost me $36, and that's steep for an action figure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:33 pm 
Brand Manager

starks wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Isn't he being done by DC Collectibles too though?

As far as I know, they are doing the animated version for the Batman & Son movie. Which is not quite the same thing. But then again, they could always "re-release" the Batman Incorporated version. That figure goes for hundreds of dollars on ebay. Same as the old Arkham Asylum Bane before the 2-pack re-release. So in my mind, it's kinda of a no brainer for DC.

GregNYC wrote:
The whole point was to determine whether I would be better off getting the rest of the figures on eBay or joining with another collector to lower shipping costs. Aquaman cost me $36, and that's steep for an action figure.

I'm in the same boat. So much so that I'm considering PBateman's offer. But you know... that figure is such long ways from now, and so many things can happen between now and then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm 
active in the community

PBateman wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

Yeah I would too and he is the only one I want. My friend has early access and says I can use it but I loath buying one measly figure and paying shipping. If I can get enough people I would prefer to buy in bulk and save on shipping otherwise I will shop around on Ebay for him loose around his release.

i'd like in on this if it's still an open offer. i'll pay for two robins, even three if need be.