Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: RIP to AFi member Shellhead
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:37 am 
Brand Manager

Wow I just noticed this (really not as active since JLU and DCUC are over) man its sad. I am so sorry to hear this I am pretty sure we traded more then once.
RIP and my sincerest condolences to his family.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:37 pm 
active in the community

Thk you all for your kind words remembering Bill. I truely appreciate them (his family and other friends do as well) I know he could be a pain in the butt as well, I know from personal experience. ;) Growing up with him and being friends for so long through so so very much, the highlights.....bestmanning each others weddings, LOts of D&D, TONS of Toy Hunting adventures, 6-7 SDCC's, many many movies, many ups and downs for both of us along the way....

I miss my friend.....

i keep waiting for him to call or send me an email...bragging about finding this or that when he stopped into 1 target or tru, knowing that i'd hit 4 targets and 2 trus and found nothing.....

:(

Minor update on his death: Nothing new to report, there has still been no news from the corners/drs or whomever. :(

Update on his Collection:
thk u for those that have messaged me, those of u will have first dibs based on who messaged me first. I have going through, organizing a seperating what i know 1st. lol i've been finding out there's alot i don't know. lol

What i do know so far:

Marvel Legends and DCUC galore (figs,BAF,C&C,exclusives....mostly or all complete figures, loose of course.) there are many moc dcuc (from the matty Sub).

Marvel Universe.....damn near everyone...i think, many armies as well.

DC Direct....mostly Aquaman, Justice League, Lantern etc related figures

Mini Mates....alot (including Dc similar figures)...but i haven't gone through them...i just know they're there.....lol....waiting....creeping.....;)

Aliens/Predator...Xenomorphs (x2)-MOC, 2pak (red n blk)-MOC, Big Red Pred-MOC. vintage aliens (from 90's?) loose as well.

Thundercats...Lion-o and Tigra 8"

Lego sets-MOC
kingdoms #7189/Atlantis #8080 & #7984/Star wars #7879, #75014 & #75033/DC #6860/LOTR-Hobbit #79010, #79014, #79007, #79003, #79004, #9476, #9471, #79001 & #79012/ Marvel #76007

Transformers...MOC Metroplex (new), Beast wars, Altinators (some MOC) I still have to sort.

Masters of the Universe...alot...(modern) I know he had the Sub, many are still MOC. But i still need to sort.

GI Joe alot ;)

Star Wars a $#!t load ;)

the last couple of course are a long way from sorted.

Again i ask if you have any wants pls message me(with specifics or lot preferences), i'd love to get fair offers along the way and so on.

Thank you everyone for your support, patience and for kindness through this.

Kent

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

It's sad that you have to go through Shellhead's collection like this, but try to keep in mind that it's a way to honour him, too. All of the pieces in his collection are things that brought him joy.
Good luck to you, sir.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 pm 
Mint on Card

This is sad news. I'm not as active and I just saw this.
He helped me out on a couple of occasions and he was always a nice person to converse with on the board. Rest in Peace.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:04 am 
Wonderdog

Same here, I can't believe he is gone... We will all miss you Bill. My most heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:35 am 
declined to be a vampire

I don't know how I missed this until now, but it puts a huge cloud on my day. Guy seemed to be a stand up dude. Gonna miss him.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 pm 
An Insider

I just saw this. Wow, what a shock. Seemed like a nice guy. Prayers going out to his family.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Sorry to hear about the news and what you're going through, radspidey27. You and I traded back in late 2009. I don't think I ever interacted with Shellhead. It is sort of sad because action figure collecting is such a young hobby. That means we're only going to be seeing more of the community leaving us like this in future years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:04 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Oh, man. I just got the news right now. I can't believe this is happening. I haven't posted here in ages but you guys are still like family to me.

Bill was such a vocal and confident member of this community. He is on my address list of folks I've dealt with on here. He helped me out with some figures once. Bill loved Iron Man and our first exchange here was in regards to the Constrictor. We were worlds apart in our politics but you could always connect with the guy. He was an extroverted and fun individual. Never at a loss for words and always had an opinion on most every topic.

I can't believe that he's gone. I just can't... His Iron Man avatar has taken on a whole new meaning for me.

Rest easy, Bill.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:43 pm 
active in the community

Again i wanna thank everyone for your kind words and thoughts...thank u all. Bill has alot of stuff......lol and with work, kids, and so on...i've stalled a bit. i've gotten emails from ya and will soon try to get to responding to yas. We still have not heard anything on the cause of his sudden passing, sorry to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:27 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

WOW! I just now noticed this. I don't come here as much as before since the end of JLU but my goodness, what sad news. Didn't know him personally but I will always remember that Iron Man avatar, the "face" I knew him by. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Shellhead. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:51 pm 
5" Scale

Hey Rad, has your e-mail been hacked or changed? I got something from you and was reluctant to open up the link. Since that's all it had.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Been away for so long and never had the chance to see this heading. Sad about Shellhead's passing. Though I barely recall an interaction with him on the boards, he is surely a mainstay contributor.

To his family who is left behind, my condolences.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:03 am 
Fugitive Dust

Like many others I took a break from almost all forums I visit and am very saddened to come back and read this.

I know first had what it is like to have to inventory someone's personal belongings after a passing and am truly sorry this is something you must do. At the same time it is a nice tribute to your friend.

My most sincere condolences to his friends and family.

RIP, you will missed.

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:10 pm 
active in the community

Man, sorry to hear about this.

Any word on what happened?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next